Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
Last date to apply
August 31, 2016
Extended Date: September 15, 2016
About Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is a Scholarship for Girl students, who is the only child of her parents and want to pursue Non-Professional PG Course.
- Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship is offered a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognised university or a post-graduate college.
- Interested female candidates need to make online applications at the official website of University Grants Commission for Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child.
- The candidate who has been awarded Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarships
- Application for this Single Girl Child Scholarship can be made only in the first year of the course. Extension after two years is not permissible in this scholarship.
Latest Update: The Result for the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship has been declared officially. List of selected candidates for award of scholarship for the year 2016-17 under the scheme of P.G.Scholarship for Single Girl Child during financial year 2016-17 has been given below. Scroll down to check.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
- Age: The applicant must not be older than 30 years
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have got admission in any non-professional PG courses offered by any recognised University or Colleges
- Single Girl Child of the Family: The applicant must be a single child of her parents or twin daughters or fraternal daughter.
Not Eligible for the Scholarship
- The candidates belonging to the family having a son and a daughter are not entitled to the scholarship.
- The candidate who has taken admission in Distance Education mode are not eligible to apply.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Reward
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship has the following benefits that will be provided to the candidates who will be selected for the Scholarship. The details of the same are as follow:
- Number of Awards: Total awards distributed under this UGC Scholarship are based on the number of applications received every year.
- Amount of Scholarship: The amount of scholarship will be Rs.3100 per month for two years (10 months in the year)
- Duration: The scholarship will be for the period of 2 years i.e. full duration of PG Course
- Hostel and Medical: No additional amount will be paid for hostel charges or medical charges.
- No Tuition Fees to be charged: The institution (covered under Sections 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act) where the candidate has been enrolled in the first year PG Course, no tuition fee shall be charged from the candidate to pursue the course.
Cancellation of Scholarship
The scholarship can be cancelled by UGC on the below mentioned grounds:
- If the University or College reports any misconduct on the part of the candidate to UGC
- If the candidate secures less than 55% marks in First Year of Master’s Program. (50% in case of Physically Challenged)
- If the candidate is found to be ineligible at a later stage. If it is so, then the candidate might face the penal action and will also be required to pay the Scholarship Amount already paid.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Application form and Process
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Application process can only be made Online. Single Girl child candidates who are interested can apply for the scholarship using online application portal. The Application process has begin from August 15, 2016.
The details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of Application: Interested female applicants need to submit an online application using UGC scholarship website.
Click here to Apply Online
- Application Form: Candidates have to fill in their personal and academic information in the online application form.
- Documents Required: Candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- Proof of Admission: Candidates are required to submit a proof of admission into first year Master’s Degree Course in a University Recognized by UGC.
- Certificate: A certificate from the institution where the student has taken admission for her first year of PG Course.
- Affidavit: Candidates have to submit an Affidavit of Rs 50 on a stamp paper duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) as per the prescribed format.
Submission of Application
Candidates need to complete the online application process. There is no need to send any printed document or application form to UGC by post.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Selection Process
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Selection process will be done on the basis of merit list prepared out of all the applications received and as per the procedure of the commission.
- An Expert Committee formed by UGC will be responsible for the selection. The selection will be done by the standard procedure of the commission.
- Result: The result of the scholarship in the form of a list of selected candidates will be made available on the website.
- Award Letters: Award letters can also be downloaded by the selected candidates after logging into their account using the ID generated while making the application.
- Mark Sheet: Candidates who have availed the scholarship will have to submit duly signed in certificate/marksheet of completion of Post Graduate course by the head of the department.
Procedure for Monitoring
Quarterly Continuation Certificate: Head of the Department will observe the progress of the beneficiary. Candidates have to submit duly signed in quarterly continuation certificate by the head of the department in the designated branch of the nominated bank.
If the candidates wish to discontinue her studies mid-way without completing post graduate degree, they have to take permission from UGC by submitting an application along with the justification through the concerned Universities/Colleges/Institution.
If the candidate leaves the studies mid-way without prior approval from UGC, they will have to refund the whole amount Online directly to UGC account.
Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship Result - Merit List
The merit list of the shortlisted girls for the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship has been released officially. Check below the List of selected candidates for award of scholarship for the year 2016-17 under the scheme of P.G.Scholarship for Single Girl Child during financial year 2016-17.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Contact Details
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi– 110002
India Post Independence Day Photography Competition 2017 on Independence Day 2017 is conducted by India Post. Those people who have an interest i... Read More
Pre RMO 2017 (PRE Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted for the 25 regions of India and the shortlisted candidates are ... Read More
INSEAD MBA Scholarship is for candidates who have secured admission in MBA Program or are in the process of the personal interview for the INSEAD Asia... Read More
NBHM Scholarship MSc 2017 is offered by National Board of Higher Mathematics. This scholarship will be provided to those students who wish to pursue s... Read More