PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2016
About PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival
- PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2016 invites people up to 25 years of age to submit a video on the theme of Migration, diversity, social inclusion, and related topics. There will be 3 winners in each of the three categories and will receive 1000USD each and will be flown to New York for the Plural+ Award Ceremony.
- More than one person can participate in making the video, but their age limit shouldn’t exceed 25 years and the role of the adult in the making of the video should be minimal.
The Plural+ Jury Award will be in three categories:
- Up to 12 years old
- 13-17 years old
- 18-25 years old
|The last date to submit the video
||May 29, 2016
|Announcement of Result
||Latest By August 15, 2016
|Fly to New York
Subscribe for Regular Updates of PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival Eligibility Criteria
Maximum 25 Years
A Minimal roles of any adults (over the age of 25) should be involved in the making of the video (e.g. educators, teachers, instructors, etc.)
Immediate family members (siblings, children, and grandchildren) of IOM, UNAOC and the jurors for the PLURAL+ Video Festival are not eligible to enter.
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival Reward
- The Plural+ Jury Award will receive 1,000 US Dollar as prize money in each of the three categories. Winners will be notified latest by August 15, 2016.
- One representative of each PLURAL+ International Jury Award winner will be invited to New York, with airfare and hotel accommodation paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ 2016 Awards Ceremony at the Paley Center for Media in the fall of 2016. Only a youth entrant with one elder person for each winning video will be flown to New York.
- Additional awards may be given by PLURAL+ partners and may include equipment, travel or professional opportunities. IOM and UNAOC or PLURAL+ bear no responsibility regarding partner awards
- Winning videos will receive broad recognition and exposure through the wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, satellite, the internet, film festivals and possibly DVD.
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival Application form and Process
- Entry Form: The videos must be sent along with signed entry form.
- Format: All the video should be submitted as a file i.e. in “.mov” format. The following file hosting website can be used dropbox.com, WeTransfer, Google Drive.
- Video Language: The official language of PLURAL+ video is English. For videos not in English, English subtitles should be given.
- The maximum running type of the video should be 5 minutes and minimum 1 minute including credits.
- The candidate must keep ample time before sending the videos; the packages should reach New York on time.
- Videos do not have to have been made specifically for the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival, but videos must have been completed after January 2014.
- No video may contain vulgarity, violence, defamatory language or any other subject deemed by the PLURAL+ Video Festival organizers to be inappropriate for the tone of the competition.
- Videos may be of whatever type, style or genre that the entrant wishes – animated, documentary, drama, music video, comedy etc.
- All entries must include a fully completed and signed entry form, including co-signature by a parent, guardian, teacher or responsible adult if the entrant is a minor in his/her country of residence. The submission can be done in two ways:
- DVD: Entrants can submit the video offline by submitting the DVD which must contain the name of the entrant and the English title of the video printed on the top of the DVD with a permanent marker. The DVD must be sent to the following address:
United Nations Alliance of Civilizations
730 Third Ave, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10017 USA
- Email: If the entrant is submitting the video online, they should send an email to email@example.com. The subject line should contain PLURAL+ 2015 VIDEO ENTRY and the test mail should include:
- Title of the videos
- Name of the authors
- Address/link for download of the video
- Contact email
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival Contact Details
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
Amar Ujala Lakshya Scholarship 2017 is an initiative under the Corporate Social Responsibility by Amar Ujala Foundation to provide financial support t... Read More
3M Young Innovators Challenge 2017 continues with its second generation innovators award program where they seek to find ideas and new projects f... Read More
Scroll Video Story Contest is a video contest on the theme It Happens Only in India. It is jointly organised by Scroll.in and Deutsche Welle (DW)... Read More