Oxford Policy Fellowship 2016
About Oxford Policy Fellowship 2016
Oxford Policy Fellowship 2016 is specifically aimed at placing early-career professionals in low- and middle-income country governments to work as civil servants for a period of 2 years.Each Fellow will receive a total salary of around £26,000 per annum, and some assistance from their host ministry with visas and living arrangements, if possible.
Oxford Policy Fellowship already has 4 fellows in a different post and they are looking for additional six to nine fellow for the year 2016.Oxford Policy fellowship is open for the applicants of all nationalities with an undergraduate or graduate qualification in law or otherwise a qualified lawyer.
The fellows will also be given 2 days intensive Foundation Training course in Oxford prior to each Fellow’s departure to their posting. Oxford Policy Fellowship applications have started in February and the last date to apply is April 10, 2016 (23:59 GMT)
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Oxford Policy Fellowship 2016
Oxford Policy Fellowship 2016 Eligibility Criteria
||Undergraduate or Graduate
- Applicants of all nationalities can apply for Oxford Policy Fellowship.
- Educational Qualification:
- The Fellowship is open to applicants of all nationalities with an undergraduate or graduate qualification in law, or otherwise a qualified lawyer.
- Applicants may also have a Master’s degree in law, international development, political science, Masters in Public Policy, international relations or a related field.
- Subject Specializations: The applicants must have useful interests and specialization include commercial/finance law, contract law, agricultural policy, Environmental law, international law, health law and policy and development studies.
- Experience in commercial law and/or private international law practice desirable for some postings;
- Experience in environmental law and climate change law desirable for some postings;
- Experience in trade law desirable for some postings;
- Experience in land reform law desirable for some postings;
- Additional Experience:
- Candidates must have outstanding and demonstrable interest and some experience in law or policy.
- The candidates should have excellent academic qualifications and have completed their traineeship and/or have at least two years’ of relevant work experience.in a developing country.
- The candidates should have French and Swahili language skills and strong computer skills.
Oxford Policy Fellowship 2016 Reward
- Each Fellow will receive a total salary of around £26,000 per annum
- Some possible assistance from their host ministry with visas and living arrangements.
- Oxford Policy Fellowship we will organise and pay for airfares and local Oxford accommodation for fellows who are coming from overseas
Oxford Policy Fellowship 2016 Application form and Process
- Basic Details: Candidates must download their Oxford Policy Fellowship Application Form 2016 and fill in the their Basic details such as name, email id, contact number. Download Application Form
- Attachments: Applicants must attach the following documents:
- Personal Statement
- Two Letters of Support (one academic and one professional)
- Academic qualifications: Applicants must also mention their undergraduate and graduate education qualification in the application form.
- Employment Experience: Applicants must specify their Employment experience, starting from the most recent.
Submission of the Application Form
The applicants must fill the application form completely with all the required and supporting documents to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxford Policy Fellowship 2016 Selection Process
- Panel interview: The candidates will be called for the second round of interview. Successful candidates will be given an offer for one specific country. Applicants who are invited to Oxford for the second-round panel interview will be reimbursed for their travel costs.
- Foundation Training course: A two-day intensive Foundation Training course in Oxford prior to each Fellow’s departure to their posting will be held. This briefing session will cover useful topics such as:
- Acclimatisation and tips on adapting to new cultures;
- Thinking and working politically on commercial law and justice;
- Guidance on writing succinct policy briefs;
- Information on what Fellows can expect from the Programme (in terms of technical backstopping, health and safety and finances);
- Security training
India Post Independence Day Photography Competition 2017 on Independence Day 2017 is conducted by India Post. Those people who have an interest i... Read More
Pre RMO 2017 (PRE Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted for the 25 regions of India and the shortlisted candidates are ... Read More
INSEAD MBA Scholarship is for candidates who have secured admission in MBA Program or are in the process of the personal interview for the INSEAD Asia... Read More
NBHM Scholarship MSc 2017 is offered by National Board of Higher Mathematics. This scholarship will be provided to those students who wish to pursue s... Read More