NSEB 2017 - Biology Olympiad
About NSEB 2017-18
NSEB, National Standard Examination in Biology is organized by IAPT in collaboration with Association of Teachers in Biological Sciences (ATBS). NSEB is a nationwide Examination for students studying in class 12 or lower level. NSEB is the First and Only screening Test leading towards the International Olympiad in Biology which is recognized worldwide and is held every year. On qualifying NSEB 2017-18, the eligible candidate will be able to participate in Indian National Biology Olympiad which is the qualifying stage for the International Biology Olympiad.
NSEB 2017 Exam Date: 27 November 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of NSEB 2017-18
NSEB 2017-18 Eligibility Criteria
- Age: Applicants of NSEB 2017-18 should be born on or after 1 July 1997
- Educational Qualification: Applicants should be in class 12 or lower as of 30 November 2017
Not Eligible to participate in NSEB 2017
- Students those who have passed class 12 are not eligible for NSEB 2017-18
NSEB 2017-18 Reward
On qualifying NSEB 2017-18, eligible candidates can participate in Indian National Biology Olympiad, a gateway to the International Biology Olympiad.
Other Awards & certificates:
- Top 10% students of each centre (List of centres) will receive certificates.
- Top 1% student will be offered Merit Certificates in each State in each Subject.
- National top 1% students will receive Special Merit Certificates along with a book.
- Top 35 students will be given Gold Medals.
NSEB 2017-18 Application form and Process
Candidates have to register through their schools or registered centres. The registration form of the National Standard Examination in Physics can only be filled by the Institutions. The steps of filling the form are given below:
- STEP 1: The schools have to follow the link given below in order to apply for the NSEB Olympiad.
- STEP 2: The schools have to fill the KV code to further fill the application form.
- STEP 3: After that, the schools have to fill all the required details such as Principal’s Name, Principal’s Email Id, No of candidates for the test etc.
- STEP 4: After filling all the details, it is the sole responsibility of the schools to check all the details filled by them are correct in all aspect. They should click on "Apply" button after inspecting the details.
- STEP 5: An OTP will be sent to the Principal’s Mobile Number which should be filled in the “Registration Confirmation/ Activation Form which will confirm the registration.
NSEB 2017-18 Selection Process
Candidates are selected based on marks obtained in the NSEP Examination by the candidate. More the marks obtained by the candidates more will be their probability of being selected. The NSEB result will be declared in the first week of January 2018 for the exam scheduled to be conducted on 26 November 2017.
NSEB 2017-18 - Examination Pattern and Syllabus
Syllabus for NSEB is broadly equivalent to the syllabus of CBSE Biology of the senior secondary level i.e. class 11 and 12.
- The NSEB question paper will consist of 80 Multi Choice questions, each with only one of the four options correct.
- There will be -1 marking for the wrong answers.
Previous year question papers and solutions - Click Here
Note: Set of previous four years Question Papers and solutions can be purchased by paying a DD of Rs. 100 in favour of IAPT, payable at Kanpur to
Indian Association of Physics Teachers,
L-117/302, Naveen Nagar,
Tel: 0512-2500075, 09935432990
NSEB 2017-18 Contact Details
61, Sheelavihar Colony, 7, Heramb co-op. Hsg. Society,
Karve road, Kothrud
Pune Maharashtra 411038 India
Phone: +91-20-25420163 / 20252754
Picture Jharkhand Photography Contest 2017 application process is started on 22 August 2017. This photography contest is organized to capture the spir... Read More
Jagriti Yatra 2017 is 15 days Train Journey which is being organized by Jagriti Sewa Sansthan since 1997, initially, it was known as Azad Bharat ... Read More
Indo Japanese Fellowship 2017 is organized under Indo-Japanese Joint Project on “Establishment of Young Researcher Fellowship Programme 2017-18&... Read More
CENTA Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO) is open to teachers across all boards, subjects, and classes. It is open to teachers of g... Read More