NGS Scholarship 2017 for admission in National University of Singapore
About NGS Scholarship
NGS Scholarship 2017 is awarded by the National University of Singapore to students with an exceptional aptitude for innovation and who wants to pursue a high-calibre PhD research. It is a full-time program and the candidates must indicate the research area(s) that they are interested in. The students who have completed the bachelor degree and above are eligible for the NGS scholarship 2017 to pursue PhD Research
There are two PhD Programs
- Joint NUS-Karolinska Institute PhD: Specifically for students with research interests in biomedicine and bioengineering » especially suitable for those whose research will reap maximum benefits from the collaborative research between NUS and KI
- PhD-MBA: A doctoral programme for entrepreneurial scientists and engineers » concurrent NGS’ Ph.D. (under NGS Scholarship for 4 years) and MBA (under NUS’ School of Business) » full waiver of tuition fees for PhD and MBA Hallmarks of students suitable for this programme include » a keen, open and independent mind » an appreciation for the importance of combining science & technology with business » start-up or industry experience, completed internships, interest/involvement in entrepreneurship and business
Research Areas in NSG Scholarship:
- Biological Sciences
- Bioprocess and Biochemical Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Chemical and Bio-Molecular Engineering
- Computer Science
Only graduates with a passion for research are eligible to apply and those candidates who have been selected for NGS Scholarship will get tuition fee subsidy for 4 years. NGS Scholarship can only be applied Online. The application process has been started from 30 March 2017 and will end on 15 May 2017.
- Type of Scholarship: Fully Paid Scholarship
- Course Level: PhD.
- Subjects: Science, Engineering, Computing, and related aspects of Medicine.
- Duration of Scholarship: Four Years
- Country for Study: Singapore
- Commencement of the Scholarship: January 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of NGS Scholarship
NGS Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| Male & Female
- Graduates who want to pursue a PhD from NUS and has a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honors, or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 85% for all the modules that he/she has taken in his/her undergraduate course.
- GRE is compulsory for all except for applicants from NUS or NTU. Note that GATE is NOT acceptable.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
Institution code: 0677
Department code: 000
Institution Code: 3720
NGS Scholarship Reward
- Monthly Stipend: Monthly stipend for 4 years of the Ph.D. studies, or up-to-date of graduation, whichever is earlier to the tune of
- Tuition Fee: Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years
- S$3,500: Singaporean Citizen, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200: Singaporean Permanent Residents
- S$3,000: International Students
- Other Allowances of up to S$4,500 for Computer, book and conference allowances.
The candidates will also get Opportunities for research based both in Singapore and in USA/Europe/Australia/Japan/South Korea/China/etc
It is to be noted that to claim all the allowances and benefits, the candidate must commit to complete the Ph.D., they cannot exit with MSc.
Renewal of Scholarship
- Academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- The candidate must fulfill the Competence Assessment Program by scoring above or equal to 3.8 for getting the scholarship renewed.
NGS Scholarship Application form and Process
The application process for NGS Scholarship is online, the candidates will have to go through the following process.
- Candidates need to apply online for NGS Scholarship.
Click here to apply online
- Fill in the personal particulars, in a case of overseas applicants, they can skip “Pass Type”, “Pass Expiry Date”, and “Pass Number”.
- Contact details: Candidates must ensure that they have provided two contact numbers and mailing contact address
- Faculty: Candidates must ensure that they select NUS Grad Sch for Integrative Science and Engineering in order that they are processed under NGS.
- Source of Finance: NGS Application Scheme
- Educational Qualification:
- Academic Qualifications
- Other Information
- Test Details
- GRE is compulsory for international applicants and optional for graduates from local institutions, e.g. NUS or NTU.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English.
- Achievements - if any
- Referee Associations
- The candidate must compile all the document into a single PDF file and email to email@example.com in a cap file size of not more than 10 MB.
Documents to be Uploaded
- Two Academic Referee Reports
- Statement of Purpose of at least two pages on A4-size paper
- Research Proposal of at least two pages on A4-sze paper
- A copy of Masters/ Bachelors Degree Transcript and Certificates with English Translation
- Copy of Publication
- Personal CV
- Document of funds specifying self-financing, in case, the applicant has not been able to get the scholarship.
- For Singaporean Citizens, the copy of NRIC or Citizenship certificate/ re-entry permit. Singaporean
Submission of Application Form
All supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form are to be submitted by post to the following address. Candidates must indicate NGS Scholarship on the top of the envelope.
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS)
Centre For Life Sciences (CeLS)
28 Medical Drive, #05-01
E-mail Submission: The candidates also have sent a PDF compilation of their application to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
NGS Scholarship Selection Process
Result: The outcome should be known within 3 months from the closing date of the application process.
Shortlisting of the Candidates: Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email or phone. Rejected applicants will be notified via email.
Interview: The Shortlisted applicants are usually required to attend one interview. The usual periods of the interview for the Aug intake will be in Dec/Jan; Jan intake will be in Jun/Jul.
NGS Scholarship Contact Details
Centre for Life Sciences (CeLS), #05-01
28 Medical Drive
Tel: (65) 6516 1480 - Ms. Anu
E-mail Id: email@example.com
KVPY, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national fellowship programme funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government ... Read More
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2017 or UCO has been conducted by Unified Council for school children. Of class 2-10. UCO is sponsored and Organised by the Uni... Read More
OPJEMS Scholarship 2017 is an initiative by Jindal group and companies to provide financial help to meritorious students to become lead... Read More
TALLENTEX 2018 is a talent search competition conducted and directed by ALLEN Career Institute. TALLENTEX is an exam for young students and has cash p... Read More