NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2016
About NCERT Doctoral Fellowship
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship is for students who are willing to go for research in areas which are of interest of NCERT. The objective of this scheme is to provide opportunities to young scholars to research the field of education from different disciplinary perspectives. NCERT Doctoral Fellowship is conducted by NCERT.
Candidates can pursue their work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice. The NCERT encourages original thinking in the formulation of the problem and use of the innovative methodology in the conduct of the research related to school education.
The applications are to be made online for the fellowship which is available on the official website of NCERT.
- The candidate should have research interest in the following areas:
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
- Concerns related to Teacher Education Schemes
- Teacher Educators’ Education
- Education of the Disadvantaged
- Classroom Processes and Practices
- Curricular Areas
- Education for Peace
- Psychosocial Development of Children
- Any Burning Issue in School education
Subscribe for Regular Updates of NCERT Doctoral Fellowship
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||Should be less than 35 years
Nationality: The applicant should be a Citizen of India.
Age: The applicant should not be more than 35 years at the time of application.
- The applicant should have completed Graduation as well as Post graduation in the related subjects.
- Candidate applying for Doctoral Fellowship should have either completed predoctoral research methodology course or enrolled/selected for such course for an appropriate duration as approved by UGC.
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. or working toward their Ph.D. registration are also eligible.
Minimum Qualifying Marks: The applicant should have at least 60% marks in Graduation as well as Post graduation examination
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Reward
The fellowships will be granted to extremely deserving candidates only and in case suitable applicants are not available, scholarships might be withheld. The fellowship will be offered for a period of 3 years and during that period candidates will get a monthly allowance of Rs. 16,000 (for NET qualified) / Rs.12,000 (For non-NET qualified) along with contingency allowance of 10,000 per annum.
The fellowship will start from the date of joining of the candidate and for that they need to submit the documents for the Permanent registration for Ph.D. The details of the benefits of scholarship are as follow:
- Number of Fellowship: The fellowship will be offered to 10 candidates out of which 4 are reserved for Regional Institutes of Education (RIEs) one each for Ajmer, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, and Mysore.
- Duration of the Fellowship: The fellowship will be offered for a period of 3 years.
- Monthly Allowance: The candidates who have qualified NET examination will get Rs. 16,000 per month while candidates without NET Qualification will get Rs. 12,000 per month as their monthly allowance.
- Contingency Allowance: Selected fellows will be awarded annual contingency allowance of Rs. 10,000. This amount will be disbursed after receipt and scrutiny of the bills/vouchers submitted by the fellow duly signed and countersigned by the supervisor and Head of the Department. The grant would be disbursed to the extent of actual expenditure and maximum up to Rs. 10,000
Disbursement of the Fellowship: NCERT will transfer the fellowship amount on a monthly basis in the savings bank account of the fellow. The candidates have to submit the Certificate of Attendance and Satisfactory Work Performance on a quarterly basis for the continuation of the fellowship.
The fellowship of last three months and the contingency of the third year will be given only after the candidates submit their research work.
Duties of the Doctoral Fellow
- Seminar: Each Doctoral Fellow will be required to present a seminar at the end of each semester.
- Six Monthly Progress Report: The fellows have to submit the six monthly progress report which is forwarded to their supervisor or the HOD
- Public Lecture: The fellows have to present a public lecture on larger issues of public interest which are related to their postdoctoral fellowship work if they are invited to it. The lecture can be presented at RIEs or NCERT headquarter.
- RIE Teaching: The fellows have to contribute to the RIE teaching programs or to the field research or to the curriculum development or textbook development program of NCERT for 30 days in a year.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Application form and Process
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship 2016 application form can only be filled Online and the candidates are required to fill all the details in the application form and submit the same to complete the application process. The details of the application process are:
- Application Form: The application form can be filled Online from the official website of NCERT.
Click Here to Apply Online
Documents to be enclosed along with Application Form
- Caste certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Attested copy Marksheet of Class 10
- Attested copy Marksheet of Class 12
- Attested Mark sheet of Graduation
- Attested Marksheet of Post Graduation
- Attested Marksheet of Diploma or Other Exam
- Certificate from the University/Institute
- Publications (if any)
- Signature of the Candidate
- CV of the Guide (Along with the application form, the candidates have to upload the CV of their research supervisor, which should include the research work done by them in the last 5 years)
- Proof of Registration
Questions to be answered on the Application form in Case of Ph.D. Registered Candidates
- Justify,Why did you select this theme for research? (Max 200 words)
- Please describe your strengths in support of your candidate for the fellowship (Max 200 words)
- Concept Paper/Synopsis (Max 200 words)
Submission of the NCERT Doctoral Application Form
The duly filled in NCERT Doctoral Application form is to be submitted online only no hard copy of the completely filled in Application form needs to be sent to the concerned authority.However, candidates are advised to take a print out the application form for future use only.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Selection Process
The selection and Shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of the Presentation-cum-interview.
Interview and Presentation: The candidates who are shortlisted will have to appear in the Interview which may include the presentation of their proposals.
The candidates will also paid second (sleeper) class train fare by the shortest route for attending the interview-cum-seminar.
NCERT Doctoral Fellowship Address
Division of Educational Research
Zakir Husain Block,
National Council of Educational Research and Training
Sri Aurobindo Marg
New Delhi – 110 016
KVPY, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national fellowship programme funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government ... Read More
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2017 or UCO has been conducted by Unified Council for school children. Of class 2-10. UCO is sponsored and Organised by the Uni... Read More
OPJEMS Scholarship 2017 is an initiative by Jindal group and companies to provide financial help to meritorious students to become lead... Read More
TALLENTEX 2018 is a talent search competition conducted and directed by ALLEN Career Institute. TALLENTEX is an exam for young students and has cash p... Read More