Nature in Focus Photography Contest 2016
About Nature in Focus Photography Contest
Nature in Focus, Asia’s premier photography festival will conduct Nature in Focus Photography Contest 2016 to identify and award photographer whose photographs represent a sense of wonder and empathy with nature’s biodiversity.
Application for "NIF photographer of the year" can be made under the following categories. Participants can upload a maximum of 20 photographs with not more than 4 photographs under each category.
- Animal Portraits
- Animal Behaviour
- Landscape & Animals in Habitat
- Conservation Issues
- Creative Nature Photography
- Young Photographer (Below 18 Years)
Winner: The grand winner will get INR 50,000 or US$ 755.22
Application: The application will be online and the candidates will have to make a nominal payment of INR 1,000 or US$ 16 at the time of application, the application starts from April 15, 2016, onwards.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Nature in Focus Photography Contest
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Eligibility Criteria
||Open to All
- Both young, as well as adult photographers, can apply
- The submitted photograph must have been taken in the last 5 years.
- Participants can upload a maximum of 20 photographs with not more than 4 photographs under each category.
- Not Eligible: Employees sponsor and partners of NIF are not allowed to participate in the contest.
- Photographs of pets or captive animals are not allowed.
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Reward
- Category Winners: INR 50,000 + Certificate + Trophy + Wrangler Vouchers Worth Rs.3000
- Category Runners up: INR 25,000 + Certificate + Trophy + Wrangler Vouchers Worth Rs. 2000
- NIF photographer of the year: Additional INR 50,000 + Certificate + Trophy
Candidates must note that the prize money would be awarded to the after TDS deduction.
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Application form and Process
Click here to apply for Nature in Focus Photography Contest 2016
- The application begins on April 15, 2016, and it closes on June 15, 2016.The application has to be filled online.
- The registration fee of INR 1000/ US$16 has to be paid per application.
Guidelines for Submitting the Photograph
- For all categories, digital files must be uploaded to the official website.
- Caption information should be supplied during the registration process.
- The photos submitted must have been taken in the last five years.
- All the images must be in JPEG format and RGB mode, the maximum size of the image should be 1920 pixels/5MB at 72 dpi.
- Photographs with borders, frames, watermarks or signatures will not be accepted.
- Basic retouching(brightness, saturation, sharpening and contrast) is acceptable only if the adjustment is not tampering with the image quality.
- Once shortlisted images are chosen, participants will be contacted to provide the accompanying RAW file.
Submission: The image has to be uploaded online for assessment.
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Selection Process
The "NIF photographer of the year" will be chosen by the jury amongst winners from all categories as a separate award.
The selection of the images would be based on the following parameters:
- Technical and artistic considerations
The winners are announced at the time of Nature in Focus Festival.
Nature in Focus Photography Contest Contact Details
FAEA Scholarship 2017 is created for undergraduate studies in the field of arts, commerce, science, medical, engineering and other technical... Read More
Leeds University Business School Undergraduate Scholarships is being offered by the LEEDS University. Under the scholarship, the University ... Read More
Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India is a photographic contest about protected natural areas, within areas in India. The main aim of Wiki Loves Earth... Read More
Australian Government Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships 2017 are administered by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training. ... Read More