National Geographic Travel Photography Contest 2016
About National Geographic Travel Photography Contest
- National Geographic Photo Contest invites online entries for their Traveler Photo Contest 2016.
- The contest is open for individuals who have reached the age of an adulthood as per the rules of their respective countries.
- For entry to the National Geographic Photo Contest, participants need to submit their entries online using the official portal of National Geographic with the entry fee of 15 USD for every entry.
- Themes of the Photo Contest: The entries can be related to any one of the following themes:
- The contest started in the year 1988 and this is the 28th edition of the contest.
- More than 18,000 entries were received for the competition in the year 2014.
- The last date to submit the entries is May 27, 2016, and the application has begun from April 1, 2016, 1200 hours IST .
Winners of the National Geographic Travel Contest- 27th Edition
Top 10 Photography Contest
Subscribe for Regular Updates of National Geographic Travel Photography Contest
National Geographic Travel Photography Contest Eligibility Criteria
||Global except the Province of Quebec in Canada
||Those who have reached the age of majority in their respective countries
- Age: The participants must be an adult as per the rules of their respective nations.
Not Eligible for the Contest:
- Close or blood relatives of National Geographic Employees as well as, National Geographic associated organizations are not eligible to take part in the contest.
National Geographic Travel Photography Contest Reward
A total of three prizes would be awarded.
- Grand Prize: The first prize of the contest will have the following rewards
- One First Prize will be awarded. The First Prize consists of:
- (1) a 7-day National Geographic Polar Bear Safari for two
- (2) at Churchill Wild- Seal River Heritage Lodge, a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World (the “Lodge”) including roundtrip economy class airfare for two (2) between a major international gateway airport near the winner’s primary residence, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to Winnipeg, Canada; two (2) nights will be spent in Winnipeg, Canada; four (4) nights will be spent at the Lodge; some meals are included.
- the winning image will be featured in the National Geographic Traveler;
(3) the winning image will be featured on the National Geographic Traveler photo contest website; and
- a one-year subscription to National Geographic Traveler magazine.
- First Prize: The first prize of the contest will have the following rewards
- Up to three (3), First Prizes (“First Prize”) will be awarded. Each First Prize Winner will receive a Sony a6300 camera. The ARV of each First Prize is US $1,148.00. The total ARV of all First Prizes combined is US $3,444.00.
- Second Prize: The second prize of the contest will have the following rewards
- Up to three (3), Second Prizes (“Second Prize”) will be awarded. Each Second Prize Winner will receive the Art of Travel Photography DVD which provides six (6) expert lessons given by Joel Sartore. The ARV of each Second Prize is US $100.00. The total ARV of all Second Prizes combined is US $300.00.
- Third Prize: The third prize of the contest will have the following rewards
- Up to three (3), Third Prizes (“Third Prize”) will be awarded. Each Third Prize Winner will receive a copy of the book Destinations of a Lifetime. The ARV of each Third Prize is USA $40.00. The total ARV of all Third Prizes combined is US $120.00.
- Merit Prize: A total of 7 merit prizes would be given: The trip must be completed by December 31, 2017.
National Geographic Travel Photography Contest Application form and Process
National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest 2016 Application Process
Candidates interested in participating in National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest can submit their entries on its official website. The details regarding the application process are as follow:
- Specifications of the Photographs: The submitted photograph must comply with the following criteria:
- Format: Theimageneed to be in digitalformatandmust have .JPG or .JPEG format.
- Scanned images of negatives, transcripts or photographic prints are acceptable while submission of print or film submission is not allowed.
- Size: The maximum size of the image should be less than 20 MB.
- Resolution: Minimum 1600* 1600 pixels width and height.
- Themes: The entries need to be related to either one of the following themes: Nature;Cities and People.
- Time Duration: The photograph must not be taken prior to two years of the date of entry to the competition and should not have won any photo contest of National Geographic.
- Editing: Minor cropping, dodging, burning or color enhancement are acceptable along with stitched panoramas and High Dynamic Range images.
- Caption: The image being submitted need to have a caption that describes the circumstances under which the picture was taken.
- Original Work: The submitted image need to be the original work of the participant and any conflict arising because of any copyright etc. will be the sole responsibility of the participant.
- Not allowed: The image should not have watermark on it and should also not contain obscene, sexually explicit, objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Participation Fee: Each entry must be submitted with a participation fee of US$ 15.
- Number of Entries: There is no restriction on the number of entries that can be made by a participant. But separate participation fee need to be paid for each entry.
Submission of the Entry
The submission process is online and will take place using the contest page of National Geographic’s Website. The details for the submission are as follow:
- The applicants need to visit the Contest Page and register there by entering the details.
- The applicants need to enter their name, address, telephone number, email address, photo caption.
- The payment of the fee needs to be done by following the onscreen instructions.
National Geographic Travel Photography Contest Selection Process
National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest 2016 Selection Process
The selection of the winners will be done by a judging panel consisting of photographic experts. The details of the selection process are as follow:
- Judging Process: The process of judging consists of two rounds of evaluation.
- Round One: Each judge will select 10 entries from all eligible entries received. Each entry will be evaluated and marked on the following bases:
- Creativity 20%
- Photographic quality 20%
- Composition: 60%
- Round Two: The entries selected in Round One will be judged collectively by complete panel and on the basis of Judging Criteria, the winner for each prize will be finalized.
- In the case of Tie: The tied entries will be re-submitted to the Judges for a re-judging between the tied entries alone. In the event that a tie remains after re-judging, the Submission with the highest score in the creativity criteria will be declared the winner. Winners will be chosen early to mid-July and will be notified by e-mail.
- Result: The result of the contest will be declared in early or mid-July 2016 and the winners will be notified by email.
National Geographic Travel Photography Contest Address
National Geographic Society
1145 17th Street N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20036-4688
National Geographic Travel Photography Contest Contact Details
Phone No.: +1 202 912 6500
UNU-ISP scholarship is for admission into Master of Science and PhD in Sustainability Science Programme at Tokyo.UNU is an international academic inst... Read More
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship 2017-18 is a study abroad scholarship and is granted to graduate Indian Women to pursue their Ma... Read More
Internship with Ministry of Women and Child Development 2017 - Ministry of Women and Child Development is inviting young students/ scholars for the sh... Read More
ACST Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams and fo... Read More