Norman E. Borlaug Fellowship 2017
About Norman e Borlaug Fellowship
- Norman E. Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Program 2017 is launched by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- The program offers training and collaborative research opportunities to scientists, researchers, and policymakers from 32 eligible countries. India is amongst the 32 eligible countries. Click here for Other 32 countries
- Fellows will work one-on-one with a mentor at a U.S. university, research center or government agency, usually for 8-12 weeks.
- The U.S. mentor will later visit the fellow’s home institution to continue collaboration.
- The topics selected for the current cycle for India are:
- Biotechnology - Plant and animal genomic applications that lead to the creation of new agricultural technologies that enhance food security
- Climate Smart Agriculture - New agricultural technologies to increase productivity, enhance resiliency (e.g., reduced vulernability to pests, drought, diseases, or erratic weather. etc.), or reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Post-Harvest Loss - technology that addresses issues such as packaging processes, food safety, and quality, food losses/waste, etc.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Norman e Borlaug Fellowship
Norman e Borlaug Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||Selected 32 countries
||Master’s or Higher Degree
- Nationality: People of 32 eligible Nationalities are eligible to participate
- Candidates must be fluent in English
- Academic Qualification: The candidate should have a Master’s or higher degree
- Candidate should be in the early or middle stage of their career, with at least two years of practical experience
- Candidate can be employed by a university, government agency or research entity in their home country
Norman e Borlaug Fellowship Reward
Fellows will work one-on-one with a mentor at a U.S. university, research center or government agency, usually for 8-12 weeks.
Norman e Borlaug Fellowship Application form and Process
Interested candidates have to apply for Norman E. Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Program online at the official website before November 30, 2016.
Click Here to Apply Online
Following things will be required
- Completed application form
- 2-3 page program proposal and action plan
- Signed approval from applicant's home institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official copy of transcript for college/university degree(s) received
- Copy of passport identification page
Norman e Borlaug Fellowship Selection Process
- Those candidates will be selected who demonstrate their intention to continue working in their home country after completing the fellowship.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- academic and professional research interests and achievements
- level of scientific competence
- aptitude for scientific research
- leadership potential
- likelihood of bringing back new ideas to their home institution
- flexibility and aptitude for success in a cross-cultural environment
- Consideration will be given to the relevance of the applicant’s research area to the research topics highlighted in the application announcement and to global food security and trade.
Norman e Borlaug Fellowship Address
U.S. Consulate General,
C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra (East), Mumbai 400 051, India
Norman e Borlaug Fellowship Contact Details
Phone: +91-22-2672-4000, x4942 / +91-9664 485 337
The Greenbank Scholarship 2017-18 is being offered by The University of Edinburgh to the students enrolled in any Postgraduate program in College of H... Read More
Google India Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship is offered to the candidates who are passionate in the field of computer science and engineerin... Read More
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
Amar Ujala Lakshya Scholarship 2017 is an initiative under the Corporate Social Responsibility by Amar Ujala Foundation to provide financial support t... Read More