Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2017
About Mitacs Globalink Research Internship
- Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is open to undergraduate students of India, Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and Tunisia.
- The Globalink Research Internship is a competitive initiative for young researchers and provides them an opportunity to undertake research projects at Canadian Universities.
- The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship isasummerinternshipprogramof 12 weeks i.e from May to September that offers young talents a platform to pursue their research interests & skills and to gain expertise in the relevant stream.
- Globalink Research Internships are open to all academic disciplines including humanities, social sciences and STEM disciplines
- During the internship program, students participate in research projects under the supervision of outstanding faculty members, work with graduate students & research associates, and experience the many one-of-a-kind educational, social, and recreational opportunities Canada has to offer.
- Students who apply must be enrolled as a full-time student in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited university in Brazil, China, France, India, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Turkey or Vietnam, the countries whose students are eligible to apply for the Globalink Internship.
- For 2017, 45 Canadian Universities (List of Universities) are offering the Globalink Research Internship Program to selected International students.
- This year, Mitacs Research Internship Program will host more than 475 students and Interns will arrive between May 1 and June 30, 2017, and depart between July 31 and September 30, 2017, from Canada.
Globalink Research Internship 2017 Cycle
|April to June 2016
- Professors incorporated have to submit research projects
- Accepted projects are made available to student
applicants in an online database.
|July to September 2016
- Eligible students will submit applications and select research projects from the online database an submit it.
|October to December 2016
- Mitacs will provide details of the proposed candidates including
their profiles and projects.
- Shortlisted candidates are interviewed and professor submits the list of selected candidates.
|January to April 2017
- Professors and their accepted student(s) arrange pre-project
|May to September 2017
- Globalink Research Interns arrive in Canada
- Work with supervising professors for 12 weeks on the research project.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Mitacs Globalink Research Internship
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Eligibility Criteria
|| Selected Countries
|| Undergraduate students
- Students enrolled in a full- time undergraduate degree at an accredited university in India, Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and Tunisia.
- (India specific details of list of accredited universities)
- Applicant should be in the second-to-last year of an undergraduate program or combined undergraduate/Master’s program
- Applicants must have a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 semesters of course work remaining in the program in which they are presently enrolled.
Applicants have to meet the following minimum grade requirement (or equivalent) for applying to Mitacs Globalink Research Internship:
- Australia: 75% (Distinction or equivalent)
- Brazil: 8/10 and ENEM score of at least 600 in an exam from 2009 or onward
- China: 3.5/4
- France: 12/20
- Germany: 2.9/6
- India: 8/10
- Mexico: 80%
- Saudi Arabia: 80%
- Tunisia: 12/20
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Reward
Selected students for Mitacs Research Internship Program will receive a research project with a Canadian professor and university, based on their expertise & skills. Mitacs Research Internships are currently available at over 45 universities across Canada.
Note: The number of placements will depend upon the availability of Research Internship funding.
Selected candidates of the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship will also receive expenses for:
- Flight and student visa reimbursement (amount varies depending on the country of origin of the applicant)
- Transportation from airport in Canada to the accommodation.
- Health Insurance
- Student Enrollment Fees
- Stipend for food and incidentals (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Support from graduate student mentors on-campus in Canada
- Registration for industry events and professional development workshops
- Research Internship certificate of completion
An opportunity to avail Graduate Funding in Canada: On successful completion of the research work, Research Internship alumni can apply for the Graduate Fellowship, which will lead them to pursue three years Master’s or PhD programs in Canada with the reward up to $30,000 CAD paid.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Application form and Process
- Students as per the eligibility criteria have to create a personal user account on the student platform in order to apply for the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2017 in Canada.
- Once the applicant gets logged on, he/she may begin their application for the Internship.
- Note: Students must not create two profiles to avoid incorrect processing of their applications.
- Applications received by e-mail, fax or mail will not be entertained.
- Application will be submitted automatically on September 20, 09:00 Pacific Daylight Time. Candidates apply for the Internship must save the changes made to their application before September 20,2016
- Mitacs will assses the applications only after the deadline to apply is over.
Submission of project for Mitacs Globalink Research Internship
- Candidates applying have to submit a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 projects in at least three Canadian provinces (excluding Prince Edward Island).
- Database of projects is available on Students' Portal and students will be able to search it by institution name, province, and keywords.
- Transcript: Along with the project students have to submit a transcript ( written copy) from the home university in the primary language of project i.e. English or French.
- If submission is made in other languages (i.e. Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Portuguese, Turkish, Spanish and Vietnamese, the project copy should be translated, notarized and submitted into the primary language i.e. English/French)
- The transcript has to be submitted along with the online application
Note: If applicants come across any kind of technical difficulty, then they may submit a ticket regarding their problem on the website https://help.mitacs.ca/. It will take almost five days to respond from Mitacs end.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Selection Process
- Among all the applications received, candidates will be shortlisted and will get a score based on their skills & expertise from Mitacs.
- The list of the shortlisted applicants' details will be provided to the professors and they will contact the proposed students in the month of November/December for taking an interview.
- Interview results will be released in the month of January or February 2017.
- All applicants will have a final notification about the status of their application by March 2017.
Selection Criteria of Interns for Mitacs Globalink Research Internship 2017:
- Be fluent in the language of the project, i.e. English and/or French
- The score would be based on the GPA, University and the research experience of the candidate.
- Possess a passport from your home country that is valid at least until January 2017.
- If attended more than one accredited university since you started your program, you will need to provide a transcript for each university.
- The Globalink application allows you to submit up to four different PDF files under the transcript section. It is preferred that you can combine all your transcripts into one PDF document.
Selected Candidates for Mitacs Global Internship
- Mitacs will send the selected candidates an award letter detailing its financial commitment to them in early 2017. Selected candidates will also receive a letter of invitation from their host Canadian university confirming the internship.
- All the additional details will be provided to the chosen candidate closer to their travel date.
- After selection, interns have to work for 40 hours per week on their project
How the matching process and evaluation criteria of the projects submitted by the Canadian Professors to Mitacs will take place?
- Professors go through the project proposals submitted to Mitacs and the applications will be reviewed. On the basis of this, a list of possible matches is generated by combining the lists of professors submitted by all students. Each match is weighted based on the student’s score and ranking.
- each application is scored based on criteria including, but not limited to, GPA, university, and research experience, and ranks students based on their score.
- As the approved projects are student-driven, so the students are liable to consider a professor’s perspective project during the application process, it will not be assigned a Globalink Research Intern.
Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Contact Details
DAAD or Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst scholarship is a German Academic Exchange Service and invites applications for Scholarship for... Read More
HM King’s and HM Queen’s Scholarship 2017 is managed by the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) and provided by the Royal Thai Government ... Read More
Nature’s Best Photography Asia Awards invites all photographers from 50 countries of Asia to enter the second annual awards. Any photograph... Read More
Classmate WhizQuiz sponsored by ITC Limited is an all India quiz contest for smart minds falling in the age bracket between 10-16 years. Classmate Whi... Read More