Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship for Masters in Public Policy: Study in Singapore
About Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship
Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship is for those students who are willing to go for Masters in Public Policy at Lee Kuan Yew School of Public policy, National University of Singapore.In order to be eligible for the scholarship, the candidates should fulfil the admission requirements of the Masters in Public Policy (MPP) program.
The benefits of the Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship for Masters in Public Policy will include a monthly stipend, return airfare, accommodation, tuition fee etc.The applications for the scholarship are to be made by the means of the online application system and there is no application fee for applying for the scholarship.
The duration of the Masters in Public Policy is 2 years and the candidates applying for the scholarship should have up to 5 years of working experience.
- Result: The final outcome of the MPP Program will be announced in early April 2017.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship
Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: There is no restriction on the nationality of the student.
- Academic Qualification: The applicant should have either of the two qualifications:
- An NUS Degree with at least 2nd-class honours or an equivalent degree with an average grade of B or better.
- A good Bachelor degree and passed the School’s placement test.
- Language Requirements: The applicant should have obtained marks as mentioned below in Language proficiency tests:
Experience: The applicant should have up to 5 years of experience.
Name of Test
TOEFL (Paper based)
TOEFL (Internet based)
Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship Reward
The scholarship will provide financial assistance to the candidates selected for the award on the basis of merit. The following expense will be covered by the scholarship:
- Fee: Tuition Fee, Medical Insurance fees, examination & other approved fees.
- Stipend: The candidates will get monthly stipend throughout the period of the award.
- One time allowance: To cover the expenses on books and as settling-in allowance, candidates will get a one-time allowance.
- Accommodation: Shared housing will be offered to the candidate.
- Air Fare: Economy class fare for onward & return journey from candidate’s country to Singapore will be offered to the candidate.
Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship Application form and Process
The application for the scholarship will be made online and the candidates should complete the online application formalities on the official website. The details of the application process are:
- Application Form: The application form is to be filled online and before filling the application form, the applicants are required to register using their credentials. The application process can be initiated after completing the registration.
- Documents Required: In order to complete the application process, the following documents are required:
- Transcript of Educational Certificates: Original transcripts of all educational qualification including academic work and degrees/diplomas/certificates from each college or university.
- Standardized Test Scores: Proof ofTest scores obtained in exams such as IELTS/ TOEFL/GMAT/GRE, should also be uploaded to complete the application process.
- Curriculum Vitae: The applicant should submit updated CV or Resume giving information related to their academic, professional and personal achievements, including significant appointments held. Some key points to be included in CV:
- The period (include month and year) of time the position was held for.
- Major responsibilities.
- Name and title of the supervisor.
- Any gaps in employment history should be explained.
Essays: The applicants should submit 2 essays which are to be submitted by the students who are willing to get admission in Master in Public Policy Program:
Essay 1: In 600 words, applicant should describe
- What is the most urgent policy challenge facing the world today? Explain your answer.
- Tell us about a book, article, or report that you think can offer a solution to this urgent policy challenge. What are the main strengths and weaknesses of its central arguments?
Essay 2: In no more than 400 words, the applicant should give their views on ‘What are the top 3 things that you would like to achieve at the end of the two-year MPP programme? Specifically, how do you think the programme will help you achieve these goals?’
References: The names and contact details of 2 references which can provide insight of the ability of the applicants in the professional atmosphere. Referees will be able to submit their reference form only after the applicant has completed the application form.
Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship Selection Process
The selection of the candidates for the scholarship will be done on the basis of the following criteria:
- Intellectual distinction: Demonstrated by prior academic achievement, recommendations, analytic training and examples of written work.
- Personal character and leadership capabilities: Demonstrated by prior achievements in extracurricular, civic or community activities and employment history through recommendations.
Rashtriya Miltary School Admission 2018-19 is based on CET (Common Entrance Test) and Interview. CET would be a pen and paper-based test and... Read More
Nokia Open Innovation Challenge 2017 is being organised in partnership with Nokia Growth Partners(NGP). Innovators, startups or academia fro... Read More
Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC candidates is a centrally sponsored scheme and is implemented by the State Govt./UTs. The students who belong to... Read More
Prerana Scholarship portal also known as Post Matric Scholarship Registration Release And Network Automation is the integrated e-Governance ... Read More