Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2017-18 for students of North Eastern Region
About Ishan Uday Scholarship
The University Grants Commission (UGC), in association with the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), has launched the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme in 2014 for promoting higher education in the North Eastern Region. The Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region has been launched from the 2015-16 academic session and applications have opened for academic session 2017. Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme offers 10,000 scholarships for general degree courses, technical and professional courses, including medical and para-medical courses.
Latest Update: The last date for the submission of the application form is 31 August 2017.
Aakash is offering Scholarships worth 32.63 Crores. Register Here for ANTHE 2017 to win Cash Awards and Scholarships
Objective of the Scholarship Programme
- UGC, in association with MHRD, has launched the scholarship to improve the GER (Gross Enrolment Ratio) and encourage children belonging to an economically weaker section of the North Eastern Region to opt for higher education.
- The scholarship scheme also aims to provide equal opportunities for education and focus more on professional education in the North Easters regions of the country.
- The scholarship also aims to carry out Optimum utilisation of NER Budgetary Allocation.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Ishan Uday Scholarship
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||North East India
||Students pursuing graduation
Domicile of NER: Students who are a domicile of North Eastern region that is Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura.
Family Income: The maximum annual income of the family should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakhs.
- Must have passed Class 12 from a recognised board including CBSE, ICSE, NIOS within NER (North Eastern Region) only.
- Must have gained admission into the first-year course of any of the general degree course, technical or professional courses (Including medical, paramedical course or integrated courses) in UGC-recognised Universities/Colleges/ Institutions under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, within and outside the States of NER.
Not eligible for the Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
Students will not be eligible for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2017-18 under any of the following cases:
- Maximum annual family income exceeds Rs 4.5 lakhs.
- Students pursuing courses/programs through Open Universities.
- The student is already availing scholarship for pursuing the Undergraduate programme under any other scheme like Inspire Scholarship, KVPY, MOMA Scholarship IOCL Scholarship or any other.
- Students who have got admission through ‘management quota’.
- Students pursuing courses, such as Diploma Courses, which does not lead to a Degree.
- Students pursuing post graduation or higher qualification are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Only first year students are eligible for the scholarship, the student pursuing the 2nd year or higher of the undergraduate degree programme/professional course are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Reward
Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme 2017-18 offers 10,000 scholarships to students.The scholarship amounts for the candidates are given below as under.
Amount of Scholarship
- For General Degree Courses: The scholarship holders will get Rs 5400 per month for general degree courses.
- For Technical & Professional Courses: Rs 7800 per month for technical & professional courses which include Medical & Paramedical courses under the Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme.
The scholarship amount will be sent directly to the students’ bank accounts via the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme within 60 days of admission.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Renewal
Renewal of Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme
- The Scholarship will be kept renewed for the first year of the degree course.
- Quarterly Continuation Certificate: The scholar is required to submit quarterly continuation certificate duly signed by the head of the department of the Universities/Colleges/Institutions to the designated branch of the nominated bank after the first year.
- If the student is not promoted to the next class then the scholarship will be awarded to him/her in the following year.
- In case the student fails to appear for the examination, the scholarship will be awarded to him on submission of a medical certificate.
- Changing Subject Stream: Candidates will be eligible for the scholarship if they choose to change the subject stream in which they completed their Class 12. The candidate is allowed to change their course only once and if they change from a general to technical degree course then they will keep getting the scholarship amount equivalent to the degree course.
- Cancellation of Scholarship
- Failing classes twice in a row will lead to forfeiture of the Scholarship.
- Students who choose to opt out of the studies without prior approval from UGC will be required to refund the whole scholarship amount awarded to him/her via net banking to the UGC account directly.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Application form and Process
Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Form 2017-18 can only be filled Online. Students who fulfil the eligibility criteria of the scholarship can apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship Scheme by filling the online application form. Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Form 2017-18 is available on the UGC website until 31 October 2017.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Form
Guidelines for filling up the Ishan Uday Scholarship Application Form
- First, read the instructions carefully and then proceed to fill out the registration form.
- The application process is carried out in two steps:
STEP 1: It includes filling up the requisite personal information. After completing the Step 1 student will be given a Registration ID for e.g NER-SC-2016-051. The Student should keep this registration id safely for future use.
STEP 2: It requires filling up of the academic details of the student.
- After the application form is filled in carefully, completely and correctly, click on submit.
Documents to be uploaded while filling up the Application Form
Students should keep the scanned copy of the following documents ready before filling up the online application form.
- Students also need to upload birth certificate (in pdf, jpg, gif format), Senior Secondary Marksheet income certificate, and PH certificate (if required).
- Annexure-I: Joining Proforma for fresh awardees
- Annexure-II: Proforma for renewal
- Annexure-III: Quarterly Continuation certificate
- Annexure-IV: Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50 Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages.
- State Domicile Certificate by Competent Authority
- Income Certificate of the Parents by the Competent Authority of the State Government
in which the student is domiciled.
Editing the Online Application Form
- The Student can also edit the details filled in the application form before submitting the application form.
- After the Registration Id has been generated after Step 1 then the students are not allowed to change the Category.
Submission of the Application Form
The students need not send any print-out of the application form to UGC. The Students should keep the Print out of the Application form safely with them for future reference.
Important FAQ for Ishan Uday Scholarship
- Question: Not able to upload Domicile Certificate as it has become mandatory now.? How has it to be uploaded?
- Answer: Candidates need to re-apply if they have not uploaded their Domicile Certificate. It is mandatory now.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Selection Process
- The scholarship is awarded to 10,000 candidates every year.
- If the number of applicants is more than the number of scholarships, then selection will be made on the basis of Class 12 marks.
- Allocation of the number of scholarships would be based on the population of the state.
- Reservation: 3% Horizontal Reservation for the differently abled students.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Result
After Selection Download Award Letter
The awardee is required to approach the designated branch of Canara Bank (List of Canara bank branches) along with a Copy of the Award Letter and Joining Report with the photograph, address and contact no. in the prescribed proforma.
CANARA Bank Manipur Branch
There are 4 Canara Bank branches in Manipur that are accepting Ishan Uday Scholarship Documents. The name of those branches will be updated soon!
Ishan Uday Scholarship News: Manipur Students not getting answer from UGC
Submit the following documents in the bank:
||Joining Performa for fresh awardees Annexure-I
||Performa for renewal Annexure-II
||Certificate of income
||Domicile of states of NER
||Quarterly Continuation certificate Annexure-III
||Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages Annexure-IV
Ishan Uday Scholarship Contact Details
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
Pin:110 002, India
For Online Application form query: Dharmesh Shah: firstname.lastname@example.org
For General Query: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 011- 23217493, 011- 23604155, 011- 23235640, 011- 23604139
Stamp Design Competition is organised by Department of Post on the occasion of Children’s Day. The participants are required to submit... Read More
Applications are invited for Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship 2017-18 from students pursuing higher studies in Sanskrit from a recognised ... Read More
Picture Jharkhand Photography Contest 2017 application process is started on 22 August 2017. This photography contest is organized to capture the spir... Read More
Jagriti Yatra 2017 is 15 days Train Journey which is being organized by Jagriti Sewa Sansthan since 1997, initially, it was known as Azad Bharat ... Read More