About IREX Photo Contest
- IREX is organizing the fifth Photo Contest 2016 for all kinds of photographers across the world to submit their photographs that demonstrate one or more of the four theme categories:
- Empowering Youth – Photos should demonstrate how youth, as active community leaders and informed citizens, represent the opportunity for the future and positive change.
- Cultivating Leaders – Photos should explore how diverse leaders strive to serve others and drive change at every level of society.
- Strengthening Institutions – Photos should demonstrate how institutions build just, prosperous societies through community engagement, accountability, and responsive governance.
- Extending Access to Quality Education and Information – Photos should explore how independent media, quality education, and new technologies increase access to information and contribute to civic engagement in communities.
- IREX Photo contest winner will get an opportunity to win a total cash prize of 1000 US Dollar.
- The last date to submit the photograph is April 25, 2016 (11:59 PM EDT)
Subscribe for Regular Updates of IREX Photo Contest
IREX Photo Contest Eligibility Criteria
||18 years of age
All entrants must be professional and amateur photographers of all levels who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry, regardless of residence or citizenship, provided the laws of the applicable jurisdiction permit participation.
Current IREX directors, officers, employees, contractors and volunteers, and members of their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
IREX Photo Contest Reward
- There are total 5 prizes categories. One winner and up to five honorable mentors will be selected for each category which is given below in the table:
Prize in USD
Best of Empowering Youth Category
$250 in each category
Best of Cultivating Leaders Category
Best of Strengthening Institutions Category
Best of Extending Access to Quality Education and Information Category
People's Choice Category
The judges will collectively choose 7-10 photos to be posted on IREX’s online networks for the audience to help choose the winner. There will be only 1 winner.
- Selected finalists from each contestant category may receive additional noncash prizes with a total approximate retail value of $15 (USD) at the Organizer's discretion.
- All winners and their photo entries will be featured on IREX’s website, social media, and email newsletter.
IREX Photo Contest Application form and Process
- Each entrant can submit up to 5 photographs Online and the last date of submission is April 25, 2016.
- Entrants must make sure about their eligibility criteria and must submit their photographs based on the four categories mentioned above.
- Candidates must fill a separate form for each submission of a photo.
- Photograph Specifications:
- Photograph must be of digital format with high resolution in .jpg or .png format
- Printed photograph will not be accepted.
- Photographs must have been shot by the Contest entrant and be contemporary or timeless, ideally within the last two years.
- Cropped photos are eligible in all categories, but entrants may not submit photos that have been digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered.
- Each online entry must also include as requested on the form, a brief description explaining how that image is representative of the contest theme.
- Files submitted may not be larger than 10 megabytes.
- Original photographs will not be returned to contestants.
IREX Photo Contest Selection Process
- The photographs of the entrants will be judged by a panel of judges based on the following categories:
- 50% on Relevance to the theme: The relevance to the theme will judge whether the image and caption prove that the subjects are making a better world and whether the images reflect the lives and locations of their work.
- 25% on Technical Quality of Image: The technical Quality of Image will judge whether the photo presents its subjects and ideas clearly, does techniques such as flash, shutter speed, and aperture improves the photo and whether time and thought given to the composition of the photograph.
- 25% on Creative and Compelling Storytelling: The judge will estimate whether the photo evokes a response from a typical viewer.
- People’s Choice: The judges will collectively choose 7-10 photos to be posted on IREX’s online networks for the audience to help choose the winner.
Entrants may only win one prize each. All winners will be notified by email. Winners will be announced on May 9, 2016. Decisions of the judges are final and binding.
IREX Photo Contest Address
1275 K Street, NW, Suite 600,
Washington DC, 20005,
IREX Photo Contest Contact Details
+1 202 628 8188
DRDO Robotics Competition (DRUSE) 2017 is organized to give an open platform to simplify and collaborate the national talent in the areas of robo... Read More
PM Scholarship for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles is given by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The scholarship is given to encourage... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE Scholarship wil... Read More
AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2017-18 for Differently Abled Persons under Saksham Scholarship Scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Human Resource D... Read More