International Challenge on Economic Ideas (ICEI) 2015
About ICEI 2015
- Department of Economics, Universitas Gadjah Mada is organizing International Challenge on Economic Ideas (ICEI) 2015. It is an essay writing competition on the financial theme for college students.
- The challenge is open for Undergraduate Students from any University and there is no application fee in order to participate. To participate in the challenge, the participants are required to write an essay of 1000-1500 words on the theme ‘Financial Policy to Create Economic Sustainability’.
- The winner will be awarded with certificate and cash prize worth USD 700 (Approx. INR 440,00). The entries for the Challenge are to be sent via mail and the last date to apply for the International Challenge on Economic Ideas (ICEI) 2015 is September 30, 2015.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of ICEI 2015
ICEI 2015 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: The challenge is open for participants from any nationality.
- Academic qualification: In order to be enrolled in the challenge the applicant need to be enrolled in Undergraduate studies in any University.
ICEI 2015 Reward
International Challenge on Economic Ideas (ICEI) Rewards
After going through all the applications received, three winners will be selected as the winner of the Challenge and will be awarded with:
- First Prize: A certificate, cash prize of USD 700 (Approx. INR 44,000), the Best Essays Compilation book and a 10 minute presentation at FSDE seminar.
- Second Prize: A certificate, cash prize worth USD 500 (Approx. INR 31,000) and the Best Essays Compilation book.
- Third Prize: A certificate, cash prize worth USD 300 (Approx. INR 19,000) and the Best Essays Compilation book.
- The winners of First, Second & Third prize will be invited to attend FSDE International Seminar in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, with VIP status and the privilege to talk with the speakers.
- Tickets and accommodation will be subsidized by the committee and the subsidy amount is $100 per person, deducted from the prize money.
- The Top 10 essays will be published in the Seminar booklet.
ICEI 2015 Application form and Process
International Challenge on Economic Ideas (ICEI) Application Process
The applications for the Challenge are to be submitted online by emailing them to the provided email id along with other required documents:
- Mode of Application: The entries for the challenge are to be sent online.
- Number of Entries: A student can send maximum one entry.
- Specification of the Essay: The Essay being submitted need to comply with the following guidelines:
- Theme: “Financial Policy to Create Economic Sustainability”
- Word limit: 1000-1500 words
- The essay is to be divided into 2 parts, the names and contents of the 2 part are as follow:
- Cover Sheet: It should contain the following:
- Essay title
- Author’s name
- Current Institution
- Home address
- Email address
- Essay Content:
- The name of the contestant should not be included in the essay.
- Scientific analysis with relevant empirical data will be highly valued.
- Cite all sources in the References section. Footnotes are not required.
- Essay is expected to present new ideas, approaches and/or solutions regarding the theme
- It is advisable to end your essay with a clear, sound conclusion and/or policy recommendation.
Submission of the Application
The essay written in the format mentioned above is to be sent by email along with other documents mentioned:
- Required Documents: The following documents are required for the successful submission of the entry:
- Student Id: A scan or photo of the Student id in JPG format.
- Photograph: Contestant’s photograph in JPG format with minimum 500 pixels in size.
- Statement of Authorship: A scan or photo of contestant’s signed statement of authorship in JPG format.
- Essay: Cover sheet and Essay content in pdf format.
- For Submission: All the documents mentioned above are to be mailed to the email id ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to complete the submission.
ICEI 2015 Selection Process
International Challenge on Economic Ideas (ICEI) Selection Process
- Judging Criteria: The Submitted essays will be judged on the following basis:
- Writing: Correct usage of English.
- Originality: Originality and creativity of new ideas and content.
- Organization: A logical flow of argument and progression.
- Thematic relevance: How well the essay addresses the theme.
- Result: The winner will be announced on November 15,2015 and the winners will be notified via email.
ICEI 2015 Address
Faculty of Economics & Business
1st Floor, North Wing,
University of Gadjah Mada.
ICEI 2015 Contact Details
TALLENTEX 2018 is a talent search competition conducted and directed by ALLEN Career Institute. TALLENTEX is an exam for young students and has cash p... Read More
Gyan Lab Kidovators Olympiad 2017 - The Erehwon Challenge is a competition organised for school students to test their aptitude. Going over&... Read More
Unified International English Olympiad (UIEO) is organised by Unified Council for school students. As known with the fact that Knowledge in Engli... Read More
Sir Syed All India Essay Writing Competition 2017 is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University for students of recognised colleges/univers... Read More