About Inspire Fellowship
- Inspire Fellowship is an initiative of Government of India that offers an opportunity for pursuing Doctoral Research at any recognized University or Institute in India through Fellowships at the level same as National Eligibility Test (NET) qualified candidates.
- The Inspire fellowship is offered by Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- The Inspire Fellowship program is given to University 1st Ranker in a particular subject at PG level examination in Basic and Applied Science courses as well as to the Inspire Scholars who have secured aggregate marks of 65% and above at the 2-year M.Sc or 5-year Integrated M.Sc/M.S.
- Courses like Basic and Applied sciences as well as Medicine, Agriculture are applicable for Inspire Fellowship.
- Online application for Inspire Fellowship has commenced on September 6, 2016, and will be over on October 5, 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Inspire Fellowship
Inspire Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||Inspire Scholars, 1st university rank holders i.e. Post Graduates, Graduate level examination in Engineering Sciences and Professional Courses
- An Inspire Scholar who has secured minimum 65% marks or 6.5 CGPA (in 10 point scale) in aggregate at M.Sc. or Integrated M.S./ M. SC Course.
- First Rank holders in Post Graduate Degrees in Basic Applied Sciences at any recognized Indian University
- First Rank Holders at Graduate level examination in Engineering Sciences and Professional Courses from Institute/ Statutory Body in India, which is eligible for admission to the Ph.D Program in any recognized University/ academic Institutions in the country.
- Eligible Courses:
- Basic & Applied Sciences
- Graduate Degree in Engineering Sciences/ Medical Sciences/ Pharmaceutical Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences
Not eligible for the Inspire fellowship
- Students who are 1st Rank Holder in College including Autonomous College Examination
- Obtained degree through Distance Education Mode
- 1st Rank Holder in any specialization at M.Sc 2nd Year
- Also, This Fellowship is not available at MSc or MPhil or MTech level during pursing in any such Integrated MSc-PhD/ MPhil-PhD/ MTech-PhD courses.
Inspire Fellowship Reward
INSPIRE Fellows are offered financial support in the form of a Fellowship equivalent to NET/ GATE fellowship (Junior Research Fellowship / Senior Research Fellowship) and research grant to the candidate.
- Every year 1000 INSPIRE Fellowship grants are offered to eligible candidates.
- Fellowship is tenable for a maximum period of 5 years, subject to the completion of fellows’ Ph.D degree whichever is earlier (i.e. up to the date of final defend of the PhD Thesis), whichever is earlier.
- Continuation of the Fellowship for once selected candidates is based on satisfactory performance certified by the institution.
- Fellows with 3+2 duration of graduation and post-graduation degrees will be eligible for Junior Research Fellowship in basic science (JRF) and with 4+2 duration will be eligible for Junior Research Fellowship in Professional Science (JRF-P).
- Medical benefits, HRA, contingency grant and other allowances shall be given to INSPIRE Fellows.
- Note: Processing of received applications would be done on first cum first service basis up to the provision of 1000 INSPIRE Fellowships every year.
Inspire Fellowship Application form and Process
Students have to apply online for the Inspire Fellowship
Following documents are required to be scanned and saved as separate files to be uploaded during the application procedure:
- Passport size photograph (JPEG ) 50 KB
- Class 10 certificate PDF 1 MB
- Mark sheets for provided educational qualifications (12th Std., UG & PG Program), PDF in a size of maximum 1 MB
- First Rank Certificate for applicants who are not INSPIRE Scholars PDF 1 MB
- Appointment letter ( if employed) PDF 1 MB
- If already enrolled in Ph.D Admission Letter PDF 1 MB
- Fee Receipt, PDF 1 MB
- Endorsement Letter PDF 1 MB
Submission of the Inspire Fellowship Application Form
Completing the online application form is sufficient and there is no need to send any printout of the application form to complete the application process.
Inspire Fellowship Selection Process
Selection for Inspire Fellowship shall be purely on the basis of academic merit of the candidate, choice of the Supervisor, Host Institutions and the Research Proposal. Applications would be screened by two levels of screening committees.
Guidelines of Selection Criteria:
- Host Institute should be registered under CPSMS for receiving the Fellowship amount
- it is mandatory to produce the Rank certificate in INSPIRE Fellowship Format
Inspire Fellowship Address
INSPIRE Program Division
Department of Science and Technology,
New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 016.
Inspire Fellowship Contact Details
Contact details for Inspire Fellowship
NBHM Scholarship MSc 2017 is offered by National Board of Higher Mathematics. This scholarship will be provided to those students who wish to pursue s... Read More
World Bank’s Young Professionals Program 2018 is an opportunity for young professionals to start their career and join World Bank.Every year 40 ... Read More
Jago Grahak Jago Campaign Mascot, Jingle and Video Contest is open to all citizens of India. Interested candidates have to submit their entries by 28 ... Read More
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More