About Inlaks Scholarship
Inlaks Scholarships provide the opportunity to young people with exceptional talent to study in Institutions outside India for university degree courses or specific non-degree programs. The foundation has been awarding scholarships to Indian scholars since 1976 and has awarded 350 scholarships. There are two types of Inlaks Scholarship such as University courses and specific programs. These two scholarships are described below:
University courses - Scholarships are granted for studies at top American, European and UK institutions.
Specific Programs- Not Leading to a degree - The scholarship is given for research, training or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently or attached to a leading institution, and not leading to a degree.
- Candidates are expected to provide full details of their proposed programs, including time and traveling plans, a full breakdown of costs, and evidence of agreement with such institutions if required.
- The award of other grants, teaching assistantships, and support from other sources for the proposed program will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor.
- The Foundation also encourages applications from young people who are currently employed.
- Inlaks Scholarship 2017 Application Form are available from the second week of January 2017 to 15 April 2017.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Inlaks Scholarship
Inlaks Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Graduates below 30 years of age
- Candidate should be a graduate
- Candidate should be below 30 years of age as on July 1 in the year of admission.
- Scholarships are open to all Indian citizens who are resident in India at the time of application.
- Candidates are normally expected to hold a good first degree from a recognized university in India.
- Indian citizens who hold a good undergraduate degree from a recognized university outside India, must have resided continuously and been employed or been studying in India, for at least two years, at the time of application.
- Prior Admission: It is essential to have prior admission to the institution and course chosen. Complete details of the financial requirement to pursue the course at that institution will be required.
- If the final letter of admission is not available then some definite evidence of acceptance is necessary.
Not Eligible for the Scholarship
- Candidates holding a postgraduate degree (e.g. Masters or Ph.D.) from a university outside India are not eligible
- Candidates who have started but not completed a postgraduate degree outside India are also ineligible.
- Candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible.
- the scholarship will not be awarded to candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure.
- The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission.
Inlaks Scholarship will not be provided in the Following subject
- Management, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation.
- However, in the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science.
- Indian Studies subject would be considered only if they have contemporary relevance.
Inlaks Scholarship Reward
Scholarship for University Courses
The scholarship covers the following for the period granted:
- Tuition fees
- Adequate living expenses
- One-way travel
- The chosen candidates can also opt for additional scholarships from other sources, teaching assistantships and part-time jobs after the approval from Inlaks Foundation.
- In the case of scholarship requirement of above $100000 (or equivalent)- Candidates are strongly advised that they should be able to demonstrate the guaranteed funding for the balance of costs to pursue the course, at the time of scholarship interviews in May or June.
For Specific Programs: In the case of specific programs, the financial coverage will be discussed directly with the candidate.
Cancellation of Scholarship: If the scholarship sanctioned by the Inlaks Foundation is not used within 9 months from its approval then it will be forfeited.
Inlaks Scholarship Application form and Process
The candidate can either download the application form given below or obtain it from Inlaks Foundation Mumbai Office.
- Mode 1: Download Form: Application forms can be downloaded online
Click here to Application Form
- Mode 2: Obtain from Inlaks Office: Application forms are also available from the second week of January 2017 to 15 April 2017 from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, c/o Inlaks India Foundation, 86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point Mumbai 400021.
Inlaks Scholarship Application Submission
- Application Form must be completed by the candidate and submitted at the same address by 15 April 2017.
Documents to be sent along with the Inlaks Foundation Application Form
- Evidence of admission to a university or a course, and a full detail of the institute’s financial requirements.
- One self-addressed stamped, (Rs.10.00) envelope (4” x 9”).
- For Candidates in architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects: They must submit a maximum of 10 samples of their work on a CD / DVD only, giving the size of the original, the material used and the date of completion. This material will not be returned.
- Candidates for Film, Dance, and Acting
- They must submit a CD / DVD too.
- The images must only be in jpeg format, not tiff format.
- A portfolio may be submitted also if it is not too bulky.
- Evidence of any outstanding achievements in extra-curricular activities in any field.
- Photocopy of the first and last pages of your passport.
Do not send copies of academic certificates with the completed form. These will be needed only at the time of the final interviews.
Inlaks Scholarship Selection Process
Selection Criteria for Scholarship
- Academic Achievement
- The Potential of the Candidate
- The Suitability, of course, project or programs
Shortlisting for Interview
- Applications received are analysed and evaluated. The committee shortlists the candidates on the basis of the application and the most interesting candidates are called for interviews. All applicants must be available for interviews in India.
- No travelling allowance or accommodation charges will be paid for the candidates shortlisted for interview.
- Successful candidates will receive their confirmation by the first week of June 2017. Those who do not receive any intimation by June should assume that they are not selected for further rounds of the selection process.
Interview usually take place in Mumbai or Delhi in May or in June, in two stages
Documents to be carried at the time of Final Interview
1. Photocopy of undergraduate degree and any later degree
2. A copy of admission letter
3. Statement of Detailed Fees
4. Any fee concession/waiver of any other source of funding
5. Letters from referees
Inlaks Scholarship Address
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation,
c/o Inlaks India Foundation,
86/87 Atlanta, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021
Inlaks Scholarship Contact Details
The UNESCO Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers begun in the ye... Read More
Andreu World SA launches its “Andreu World International Design Contest.”. The competition is open both to design students and to professi... Read More
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2018 will be based on the scores of JNVST Exam conducted by Navodya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), which was established to... Read More
CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year 2017- The Royal Photography society represents the Urban Photographer Competition 2017. This year, the competition... Read More