Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship 2016
About Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. R & D Centre, India and Deakin University, Australia have joined hands(signed a MoU) to provide Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship 2016 for 4 students in the field of Nanotechnology, Lubricant Technology, and Tribology. Selected candidates will undertake Research work at IOCL Research & Development Centre, Faridabad, India under the Ph.D. Research programme on a full-time basis. The candidates applying for the fellowship should have a valid CSIR-UGC or NET-JRF Qualification.
The application for Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship has to be downloaded and sent with the required documents.
Each selected student would be required to register for Ph.D. at Deakin University, Australia has to work under 2 supervisors:
- The guide from DU is the thesis supervisor (Principal Supervisor) as per DU degree requirements guide
- A Guide from IOC R&D (Lead Supervisor) will be overseeing the research in collaboration with the thesis supervisor.
The application has to be sent via post. The last date to apply is May 18, 2016.
Research Topics for the Ph.D. Programme
- Field of Study: Research on Nano-Technology, Lubricant Technology, and Tribology.
- Course Level: Ph.D
- Country for Study: India and Australia.
- No. of fellowships: 4
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship
Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| Master’s Degree
- The candidate must have passed the Master Degree from recognized board or university in India. In chemistry (Organic/ Inorganic/ Physical), Nanotechnology, Mechanical Engineering or Tribology.
- The candidate must have scored first class in graduation and post-graduation. must have secured a minimum of 65% in the final exam or equivalent CGPA)
- Candidate should have a valid CSIR-UGC or NET-JRF Qualification.
Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship Reward
Fellowship Amount: The Total Programme is for 4 years and the candidate will receive the fellowship as follows:
- 2 years as a Junior Research Fellow
- 2 years as a Senior Research Fellow
Fellowship amount offered by IOCL is 25% more than that offered under CSIR/UGC Research Fellowship scheme.
HRA will be permissible as 30% of the Fellowship Amount.
Travel to Deakin University Australia
- The candidates will be registered for Ph.D. programme in Nanotechnology, Mechanical Engineering and Tribology.The registration at Deakin University (DU), Australia shall commence from July-August 2016.
- The candidate will get an opportunity to travel to Deakin University, Australia for at least one period of 6 months during the programme duration of 4 years. Deakin University will arrange for boarding and lodging and pay for the research visit and pay the costs of one return airfare and accommodation.
Publications on the inventions arising out of the research projects will require prior approval of IOCL
Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship Application form and Process
The application for Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship has to be downloaded and sent with the required documents and should reach latest by May 18, 2016.
Download Application Form
Documents to be attached with the application:
- Detailed CV which must include the academic percentage.
- Self-attested photocopies of Educational Qualification.
- The candidates have to write a one-page write up in the prescribed proforma available on the website answering "Why they want to join this fellowship program"
The candidates have to send completely typed or computer printed application form along with the Bio-data to the following address.
Ms. Gayathri Vedanarayanan
Manager – Research Partnerships (India)
Deakin University, Australia
Unit 203, Square One, Saket District Place,
Saket, New Delhi – 110017
Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship Selection Process
- Shortlisting for Interview: Upon submission of the application, the eligible candidates will be shortlisted for subsequent discussions and interview at New Delhi. The candidates would be intimated about the shortlist only on the email.
- Interview: The shortlisted candidates after their application are assessed will be called for an interview. Candidates will be informed about interview dates on the email provided in the application.
Note : The candidates who join Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowships 2016 will not be able to avail the CSIR/UGC fellowships.
Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship Address
Indian Oil Corporation Limited Research & Development
Ms. Gayathri Vedanarayanan Manager
Research Partnerships (India) Deakin University,
Australia Unit 203, Square One,
Saket District Place,
Saket, New Delhi-110017
Indian Oil Deakin Research Fellowship Contact Details
Dr. M.I.S. Sastry: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
KVPY, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national fellowship programme funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government ... Read More
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2017 or UCO has been conducted by Unified Council for school children. Of class 2-10. UCO is sponsored and Organised by the Uni... Read More
OPJEMS Scholarship 2017 is an initiative by Jindal group and companies to provide financial help to meritorious students to become lead... Read More
TALLENTEX 2018 is a talent search competition conducted and directed by ALLEN Career Institute. TALLENTEX is an exam for young students and has cash p... Read More