India Fellow Program 2017
About India Fellow Program
India Fellow Program 2017 is a 13 months long fellowship program in which fellows work full-time with a field partner organization on a specific issue or project together with training, mentoring and reflection. The Fellowship program’s influence will empower India Fellows to shape their futures, find their own leadership potential while making a difference to the Society.
- The 2017 Cohort will start from July 2017 and will conclude in August 2018.
- In order to be a part of the India Fellow Program 2017, the applicant needs to be an Indian graduate between 20 to 28 years.
- The participants will get 6 weeks training during various points in the fellowship program. They will also get Rs.15,000 as living allowance while working with partner organizations and seamless opportunities to network with prominent individuals from various fields.
India Fellow Program Important Dates 2017
|Application Process Starts
||1 December 2016
| Application Form Ends
||28 February 2017
|Telephonic Interview of Shortlisted candidates
||15 January 2017 to 15 March 2017
|Field Cum-Written Assignment of Telephonic Interview Candidates
||15 March 2017 to 31 March 2017
|Assessment Process and Personal Interview
||5 April 2017 to 30 April 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of India Fellow Program
India Fellow Program Eligibility Criteria
||Between 20-28 years of age.
- Graduate in any field. Students who will finish their graduation by July 2017 can also apply.
- An Indian citizen or person of Indian origin.
- Candidate must be ready for 13-month full-time commitment to the fellowship.
India Fellow Program Reward
During the 13 months of the India Fellowship program, candidates will closely work with NGO’s working on grass-root issues in rural India. The details about the benefits that a fellow will get out of the fellowship Program are:
- Stipend: Rs. 15,000 per month
- For rural areas if organization provides for accommodation (some organizations have their field offices and/or guest house where you can stay) the stipend is INR 12,000 per month.
- For rural areas if organization does not provide for accommodation then the stipend is INR 15,000 per month.
- For metropolitan areas of Mumbai and Delhi, the stipend is INR 15,000 and 18,000 respectively for with and without accommodation
- Training & Coaching: The candidates will get 6 weeks training during various milestones along the duration of the fellowship
- Orientation training at the start of the program
- Mid-point training at the end of 6 months into the program
- Travel workshop in the 10th month, fund-raised by the fellows
- The end point training after completion of the work assignments with grassroots organizations towards the end of the program.
- Working with Host Organizations: A major proportion of time will be spent by the candidates while working with the grassroots organization working on various social issues. The candidates will be living in their work area and will be working on a specific role assigned to them.
- Mentor-ship & The Network Support: After initial 3 months, candidates will be assigned a mentor.The Mentor will be an individual advisor not associated with the NGO and he/she will be more concerned about fellow’sdevelopmentthen the assignment etc.
- Candidates will also get chances to work and network with trainers, alumni, personnel from various host organization and the program team.
India Fellow Program Application form and Process
India Fellow Program 2017 can only be filled online by the applicants on the official website that is www.indiafellow.org. The candidates can fill the online application form from 1 December 2016 to 28 February 2017.
Click Here to Apply Online
Steps to fill the Application Form
- Personal Information: The candidates must start filling the application form by entering their personal information such as name, email id, date of birth, correspondence address etc.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates must enter the details of their educational qualification when they started and when it ended.
- Question Filling: While filling the application form, candidates are required to answer the following questions in detail and the word limit for each is mentioned at the end of the question:
India Fellow Program 2017 Application Form Submission
India Fellow Program 2017 Application Form must be completely filled by the applicants by answering all the above-asked questions and submit it Online only.
However, the applicants are advised to keep the print out of the completely filled in application form with them for future use.
India Fellow Program Selection Process
The various process of selecting of India Fellow Program are as follows:
- Shortlisting: The initial shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of the information and answers provided by the candidates in their online application form.
- Telephonic Interview: The shortlisted candidates will undergo a telephonic interview with India Fellow Team.
- Personal Interview: Candidates selected on the basis of the telephonic interview will be invited for a day of the assessment process and personal interview in one of our centers.
- Result- The Indian Fellowship Result for selection will be announced two months prior to the commencement of the program.
- Once an applicant clears and makes it to the India Fellow cohort, if they had indicated interest in the Ideosync UNESCO India Fellow (IUIF) sub-component and filled in the sub-application online, they will undergo an additional interview for selection as an IUIF before the commencement of the fellowship.
India Fellow Program Address
iVolunteer & India Fellow,
D-134, First Floor,
East of Kailash, New Delhi – 110065
India Fellow Program Contact Details
Call: 01126217460 (Between 10 am to 6 pm)
Founder iVolunteer & India Fellow
Call: 9818003121 (Between 11 am to 5 pm)
CoFounder iVolunteer & India Fellow
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2017-18 is organised by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The foundation awards interest-free loan scholarship... Read More
The Anthem Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education.The student has to write an essay on any o... Read More
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK Universities undertake Master Level St... Read More
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 offers scholarships to people from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home.... Read More