IDB Scholarship Loan for Muslim Students 2016
About IDB Scholarship
Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia introduced IDB Scholarship Program in the year 1983. The program is presently operational in 48 countries. IDB Scholarship program was launched to assist and develop the potentialities of Muslim students by awarding scholarships to the scholars who are unable to pursue studies due to financial difficulties. The Islamic Development bank scholarship supports students in pursuing professional courses like B.Tech, MBBS, BUMS, BHMS, BAMS, BPT, B.Pharma, Bsc Nursing, B.V.Sc, Agriculture, BBA + MBA, BA LLB
- The main aim of the scholarship is to provide educational opportunities for the academically meritorious and financially needy young Muslim students to pursue the undergraduate or first-degree study. This scholarship program is now operational in 48 countries.
- The scholarship is an interest-free loan (qard-e-hasan) to students and it covers the Cost of living, clothing, books & the tuition fees.
- Candidates have to refund the scholarship in easy instalments after the expiry of one year of the completion of graduation or after settling down in profession whichever is earlier.
- The entire loan is to be refunded fully within 5 years after graduation.
Approved areas of study under the IDB Scholarship Program
- Bachelor's Degree Courses in Engineering (all branches)
- Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry, Food Technology
- Bachelor's Degree Courses in Medicine (including Ayurveda, Unani & Homeopathy) Dentistry, Pharmacy, Veterinary Science, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Lab Technician, Bio-Technology and Microbiology.
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Law.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of IDB Scholarship
IDB Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| Global/ Muslim Communities in Non-Member Countries
|| Class 12
- Meritorious but financially needy are eligible to apply
- Students or their parents are financially weak and unable to pay for their education
- Promise to serve their community and country on completion of their studies
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 Examination with minimum 70% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics. (80% in case of students who belong to Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu)
- The candidate desirous of getting admission in BBA + MBA (integrated course) and LAW should have scored minimum 60% marks in English together with all other subjects in Class 12.
Age Limit: The candidate should not be more than 24 years old.
Not Eligible to Apply
- Candidates who wish to pursue Master Degree Courses and the students going abroad for study.
- Students joining Degree Courses after Diploma are not entitled to a scholarship.
- Students opting for the self-financing seats are not eligible.
- The candidate receiving scholarship from other sources as well.
IDB Scholarship Reward
IDB Scholarship Program 2016 Reward
- Monthly Stipend: Selected students will receive in equivalent Indian Rupees a monthly stipend of 75 US dollars (around Rs. 5000)
- No stipend will be given during the internship period.
- Allowance: Books and clothes allowances of 225 US dollars annually
- This amount will be paid from the month in which the IDB finalises the selection till the final examination of the course subject to satisfactory performance in each semester/annual examination.
The selected students in return have to sign Bond and Agreement documents making commitment to:
- Accept all the rules and regulations of the scholarship program.
- Refund the scholarship loan within 5 years after graduation.
- Register with All India Graduate Association (AIGA).
- Contribute to the development of the community and the country, individually and collectively under the platform of AIGA and with some other NGOs.
- Throughout the period of scholarship, they must attend all counselling meetings.
Guidance and Counseling Activities
- Time and again under the IDB Scholarship program Guidance and Counseling Program will be conducted. It is an integral part of the IDB Scholarship Program.
- The program will not only assist scholars in pursuing professional studies but also in developing their personality and professional skills by arranging various programs.
- The reason of arranging these activities is that the scholars may become Committed Muslims and Competent Professionals and be able to serve the community and the country.
IDB Scholarship Application form and Process
IDB Scholarship Program Application Process
- Candidates have to get the Application Form Typed. (Download Application Form)
- Thereafter they have to fill in clearly with ink in block letters
- All the information furnished in the Application form should be in ENGLISH
- Make sure that all the columns provided in the Application Form are filled
- Candidates have to indicate their State of Domicile: e.g. Assam, Bihar, Tamil Nadu etc on the first page of Application Form.
Documents to be sent along with the Application form
- Mark sheets: Attested copies of Class 10 & Class 12 Mark sheets and Certificates.
- Birth Certificate: Attested copy of Birth Certificate if not mentioned in Class 10 documents.
- Proof of Date of Admission: For the Proof of Date of Admission, submit copy of the Fee deposit receipt issued by the College/Institution
- Income certificate/ Pay slip of Father/Guardian
- Photograph: Two passport size photographs of size: 35mm x 35mm with name & state on its back side
- Envelope: One self- addressed envelope of 9 inches x 4 inches size with Rs.22 postage affixed on it.
Submission of Application Form
Duly filled in Original Application Form along with a photocopy of all the documents mentioned above should be submitted to the following address by August 15, 2016
MUSLIM EDUCATION TRUST
E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave, Jamia Nagar,
IDB Scholarship Selection Process
Pre-Selection Program and Interview: Candidates shortlisted on the basis of the marks secured in Class 12 will be called for Pre-Selection Program and Interview at the centre in their respective state/region.
Students have to show their call letter & original certificates at the time of the interview. Students coming without call letter will not be allowed for interview,
The venue for Pre-Selection Program and Interview: It will be notified later.
- On the completion of Pre-Selection Interviews at all centres, state-wise merit list of the candidates interviewed will be prepared.
- State Wise Merit List will be prepared on the basis of their Academic Achievement, Financial need (FN) and Islamic Knowledge & Commitment to their Community
IDB Scholarship Selection Criteria
- The Whole Selection Procedure is of 100 Marks. 100 Marks will be distributed in the following way:
Marks Score in Class 12
Islamic Knowledge & Commitment to Community
Final Selection: Shortlisted applications and the lists of Interviews marks will be submitted to the Scholarship Division, IDB, Jeddah. They will study application forms and interview results and decide final selection.
IDB Scholarship Address
MUSLIM EDUCATION TRUST
E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave, Jamia Nagar,
IDB Scholarship Contact Details
TEL: 011-26957004, 26941354, 26941028
DAAD or Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst scholarship is a German Academic Exchange Service and invites applications for Scholarship for... Read More
HM King’s and HM Queen’s Scholarship 2017 is managed by the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) and provided by the Royal Thai Government ... Read More
Nature’s Best Photography Asia Awards invites all photographers from 50 countries of Asia to enter the second annual awards. Any photograph... Read More
Classmate WhizQuiz sponsored by ITC Limited is an all India quiz contest for smart minds falling in the age bracket between 10-16 years. Classmate Whi... Read More