About Hornby Scholarship
Hornby Scholarship 2017 is offered by the Hornby Educational Trust in partnership with British Council to study a one-year full-time Master’s degree in an English Language Teaching (ELT) related subject at the University of Warwick in the UK.
The scholarship is provided for people from developing and transitional countries such as Central Asia, East and South Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America, funding schools and workshops around the world and to maintain alumni network.Hornby Educational Trust has been providing more than 350 English teaching scholarships since 1970.
The last date of application is 16 January 2017
- Type of Scholarship- Fully Paid
- Course Level- Master's Degree
- Country of Study- The UK
- Course Duration- October 2017 - September 2018
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Hornby Scholarship
Hornby Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Completed Undergraduate degree
- Academic Qualification: Candidates should have successfully completed an undergraduate degree course equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in the UK (certification must be provided as part of each candidate’s application).
- Teaching experience: Candidates should have, at least, two years’ hands-on and direct experience as an English language teacher/teacher trainer (as opposed to experience only in a management role, such as co-coordinating policy or running a school).
- Must be a citizen of an eligible country.
- IELTS Score: Eventually (but not at the preliminary online application stage) the candidate must attain an overall minimum Band score 6.5 on the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) with no less than 6 in any of the categories.
Hornby Scholarship Reward
In Association with the British Council, Hornby Education Trust provides funding for senior teachers, teacher-trainers, inspectors and materials writers around the world to spend a year in the UK studying and teaching English, so that they can use this knowledge to enhance English teaching in their home countries.
The Hornby scholarships covers the following:
- All the costs in the UK including a monthly stipend to cover accommodation and living expenses
- Tuition fees
- Return air tickets
- Visa and IELTS test costs.
Hornby Scholarship Application form and Process
Hornby Scholarship Application process has started.Applicants must apply for the scholarship and will be invited for an interview at the British Council office in their country of origin.
- Selected applicants then apply to the university.Scholarships confirmed once the university accepts the applicant.
- Awards will be confirmed once the applicant is accepted by the university.
Hornby Scholarship Selection Process
The selection process has four stages
- Online Application Filling
- Interview: The Candidates who are shortlisted based on their application will be called for an Interview Round at the British Council Office in their Country.
- Application to the University: The candidates who are selected in the interview round will further have to apply to the university.
- Acceptance by University- The university accepts the application of the candidate and arrangements are made for the student to travel to the UK.
About English Language Teaching (ELT) Course
- The course combines recent developments in drama education, second language acquisition and ELT methodology.
- It provides an innovative approach to teaching drama as a key approach to promoting learning and language acquisition in more creative and personalised ways.
- This Master's degree is one of the only programmes in the world that looks at the role of drama in English language teaching and is underpinned by research showing how drama motivates students, creates confidence in speaking, uses language in cultural contexts with purpose, and can improve teacher-student relationships.
- The course is a mixture of theoretical and practical approaches.
Hornby Scholarship Address
A S Hornby Educational Trust
c/o Kingston Smith LLP
Orbital House, 20 Eastern Road
Romford, RM1 3PJ
Hornby Scholarship Contact Details
email : Hornbyscholarships@britishcouncil.org
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 offers scholarships to people from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home.... Read More
Lingnan University Scholarship is provided to those non-local applicants who are interested in pursuing the undergraduate courses offered by the ... Read More
DAAD or Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst scholarship is a German Academic Exchange Service and invites applications for Scholarship for... Read More
HM King’s and HM Queen’s Scholarship 2017 is managed by the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) and provided by the Royal Thai Government ... Read More