Honda YES Award 2016 - Young Engineers and Scientist Award
About Honda YES Award
- Honda Yes Award Program aims to discover talented young engineers and scientists who owe excellence in the area of science and technology and have an aspiration for higher academic achievements.
- Honda Foundation Japan has come up with an independent program ‘Young Engineer’s and Scientist Award’for young Indian researchers and engineers and is commonly known as Honda Yes Awards.
- YES Award has been introduced to foster specialized study in Ecotechnology and to provide higher professional education in Japan,
- The Honda YES Award is a two-tier program in which students studying in 5th semester of the selected IITs can participate.
- Selected candidate will receive a cash award of 3000 USD in the first stage and 7000 USD for undertaking a short-term internship in a Japanese Company.
- This program has been introduced earlier in several parts of the world including Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos.
Honda Yes Award Important Dates 2016
|Honda Yes Awards India registration begins
||August 1, 2016
|Honda Yes Award registration closes
||August 31, 2016
||2nd week of August to 4th week of August 2016
|On the spot essay competition at IITs
||1st week of September to 4th week of September 2016
|Screening of Essay
||2nd week of September 2016 to 1st week of October 2016
|1st Round of Interview at respective IITs
||2nd week of October to 2nd week of November 2016
|Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates
|| 2nd week of December 2016
|Interview with Chief Assessor
||January 1st Week 2017
|Announcement of Winner
||January 3rd week 2017
|Award Ceremony in New Delhi
||February 1st week 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Honda YES Award
Honda YES Award Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| Students of selected IITs
- Academic Status: Students of IITs (BHU, Delhi, Bombay, Kharagpur, Madras, Roorkee, Guwahati and Kanpur) registered in a 4 year B.Tech or 5-year dual degree (M.Tech.) Programme.
- Minimum Marks: Applicant should be enrolled in the 5th semester of the eligible courses in Affiliated IITs with aggregate CGPA of a minimum of 7.
Honda YES Award Reward
The candidates selected as the winner of the Honda YES awards will be awarded in 2 stages:
Stage 1: The YES Award: The winners at this level will get an award of 3000 USD in its equivalent in Indian currency.
Stage 2: YES Award Plus: Those candidates who received The Y-E-S Award will be eligible for Y-E-S Award Plus and the winner will get:
Internship with a Japanese Company
- For the second stage, winners will receive 7000 USD for undertaking a short-term internship in a Japanese company.
- Internship offered will be credit gaining by a Japanese company or research institute summer program for 2 & ½ months.
Opportunity to Pursue Masters or Doctoral Course at Japanese University
- Shortlisted candidates will also get an opportunity to pursue Masters or Doctoral course at a Japanese graduate school. These students will receive 10,000 USD (US Dollar Ten Thousand only) or equivalent Indian Rupees as the YES Award Plus.
- As a reward Young generation will receive an opportunity to strengthen their interactions and exchange between Japanese Youths and to lead science & technology and country in their respective fields.
Honda YES Award Application form and Process
Honda Yes Award 2016 Application Form can only be filled Online by the candidates. The candidates need to follow all the important instructions before filling the Online Application Form.
The candidates can fill the Application from August 1, 2016, to August 31, 2016.
Click Here to Apply Online
List of documents to be attached with Honda Yes Award Application Form:
- Scanned copies of Passport Size Photograph
- All important documents need to be uploaded in the PDF formats only
- Transcript with CGPA for all four semesters or individual CGPA marksheet for all 4 semesters
- Technical papers, if any
- Certificates: Certificates of distinguished awards or prizes received, if any. Minimum 3 certificates have to be uploaded in the Application Form.
Honda YES Award Selection Process
- Applications received will be shortlisted based on the candidates’academic excellence, co-curricular activities, Eco technology or intention to work and on the spot essay.
- Shortlisted candidates will go through an interview for the final selection.
Honda YES Award Address
YES Administrative Office (YAO), Honda Motor Private Ltd.
Plot No. A-1 Sector 40/41, Surajpur-Kasna Road, Greater Noida, Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.) Pin - 201306
Honda YES Award Contact Details
Tel: 91-120-234 1028 , 91-120-234 1313 (Honda Motor Private Limited)
Fax: 91-120-234 1069
Email- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
UNU-ISP scholarship is for admission into Master of Science and PhD in Sustainability Science Programme at Tokyo.UNU is an international academic inst... Read More
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship 2017-18 is a study abroad scholarship and is granted to graduate Indian Women to pursue their Ma... Read More
Internship with Ministry of Women and Child Development 2017 - Ministry of Women and Child Development is inviting young students/ scholars for the sh... Read More
ACST Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams and fo... Read More