Higher Education Skill Development Guarantee Scheme (HESDGS)
About Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme
Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme or HESDGS is an education loan facility provided by Govt. of NCT Delhi. This Scheme to facilitate meritorious students in getting financial support from the banking system for pursuing Higher Education in Delhi.
- HESDGS Scheme has envisaged a creation of a corpus of Rs. 30 crores called the Higher Education and Skill Development Credit Guarantee Fund, which will be used as the guarantee for the students taking a loan under this scheme.
- Students applying must note that HESDGS Loan facility is only for those wants to pursue Diploma or Degree Level courses or specified skill development courses in Delhi and have passed Class 10 and 12 from Delhi.
- There are 14 approved Nationalized Bank that will be providing the loan under HESDGS Scheme. Amongst them, Vijaya Bank is the Nodal Bank.
- The loan will be managed by Higher Education Credit Guarantee Fund.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme
Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme Eligibility Criteria
||Class 10 &12 from Delhi.
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the students opting for the education loan.
The student who have taken admission to a higher education course or specified skill development courses (diploma and degree including Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral Degree) in recognised institutions in Delhi through Entrance Test/Merit Based Selection process after qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- The student who has passed class 10 & 12 from Delhi but is a resident citizen of another state will also be eligible under this scheme.
- The students must have passed class 10 and 12 from :
- Government Institutions or private self-financed Institutions located in Delhi having Grade A or B of NAAC and NBA or SFRC grading of A+ or A and whose fee is regulated by the Government.
- The Universities/Institutions that are located in Delhi and whose fees is regulated by Government are covered under this scheme.
- The students who want to pursue their studies through Management quota are also eligible.
The student who is a resident of Delhi and passed either class 10 & 12 from outside Delhi is not eligible under this scheme.
Eligible Courses for providing Loans
- The Graduate, Post Graduate degree, and PG diplomas approved courses and conducted by recognised colleges/universities recognised by UGC/Government/AICTE/AIBMS/ICMR etc.
- ICWA, CA, CFA etc courses
- Regular Degree/Diploma courses like aeronautical, pilot training, shipping, including those run by Polytechnics etc., degree/diploma in nursing, physiotherapy or any other discipline approved by Director General of Civil Aviation/Shipping/Indian Nursing Council or any other regulatory body as the case may be, if the course is pursued in Delhi.
- Skill Development Courses as may be specified by Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme Reward
The maximum amount loan Guaranteed under this scheme is upto Rs. 10 lakhs. No collateral or margin money is to be paid by the students under this scheme.
Period of Loan
Moratorium period of load is course period and one year and the repayment period is 15 years. The maximum interest rate to be charged by the Bank is Base Rate (BR) plus 2%.
Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme Application form and Process
HESDGS Application can only be made online by the students who are opting for education loan. The students must fulfil all the above-mentioned eligibility criteria to apply under HESDGS scheme. The Online application form will be available on the official website of Delhi Government that is edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in
Click Here to Apply Online
Guidelines for filling HESDGS Online Application Form
- The students must enter any of their valid ID Number which is very much mandatory for filling the entire application form.
- In case the students do not have an Aadhar card No. or Voter ID card, they need to apply at any of the counters at Tehsil/Sub-Division Office.
- The students must also mention a valid mobile number and write their information very carefully because any kind of wrong or misleading information will lead to cancellation of registration.
- The candidates need to register themselves and after registration, an access code and password will be sent at the registered mobile number provided by the students in the registration or application form. The students must complete the registration within 72 hours (3 hours) after providing the access code and password.
Submission of the HESDGS Application form
The students have to submit the application form ONLINE only. The hard copy of the duly filled in Application form along with the documents mentioned above needs to be submitted to the concerned bank. After submitting the form the candidates will get a mail from the Bank, he she needs to contact the concerned bank.
List of approved Colleges under HESDGS
List of Banks for Loan Guarantee Scheme
14 Nationalized Bank has been approved under Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme, Education Loan. Please note that and Vijaya Bank is the nodal bank under this scheme, they are as follows:
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Corporation Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- United bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Syndicate Bank
- Union bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme Selection Process
- The students who had applied for the loan under this scheme will receive a confirmation message from within 30 days of their application. The candidate has to then visit the Bank he/she has applied for the loan with all the Original Documents.
- The scheme shall be confined to education loans sanctioned by Member Banks of Indian Bankers Association (IBA) or other Banks/Financial Institutions as identified by Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
List of documents required for obtaining Education Loan
- Aadhar Card
- Pan Card
- Class 10 certificate
- Class 12 certificate
- Employer’s certificate, in case of the application, is under Delhi Government Employees category.
Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme Address
Directorate of Higher Education
B-Wing, 2nd Floor,
5, Sham Nath Marg, Delhi-110054.
Higher Education & Skill Development Guarantee Scheme Contact Details
Contact No : 011-23980220
Amar Ujala Lakshya Scholarship 2017 is an initiative under the Corporate Social Responsibility by Amar Ujala Foundation to provide financial support t... Read More
3M Young Innovators Challenge 2017 continues with its second generation innovators award program where they seek to find ideas and new projects f... Read More
Scroll Video Story Contest is a video contest on the theme It Happens Only in India. It is jointly organised by Scroll.in and Deutsche Welle (DW)... Read More
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938.Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarship... Read More