Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing India Student Scholarship
About GHCI Student Scholarship
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing India (GHCI) is an excellent opportunity for women to connect with other women working in computing & innovation organizations, learn from peers and get career advice as per their specific personal & professional needs.
- The scholarships are being provided to covers the charges to attend the conference.
- The scholarship will cover the registration charges of the conference, meals during the conferences, shared stay arrangement for 2 days in Bangalore.
- The Conference is produced by Anita Borg Institute and presented in partnership with ACM.
- Conference Details
- Venue: Bangalore
- Date: December 7-9, 2016.
- GHCI 2016 Conference is for female candidates who are pursuing undergraduate or graduate program in the field of computing and IT industry.
- The Last date to apply for the GHCI 2016 Student Scholarship is July 29, 2016 and the result of the scholarship will be declared by September 2016.
- The participants of the conference also get a chance to be a part of GHCI’s Student Career Fair, where female students can explore internship & full-time job opportunities.
- Interested candidates can attend the conference without the scholarship, there are two ways to do so:
- By paying a registration fee of 800 USD (Approx. 52,000 INR).
- By becoming a Hopper at the conference: Hoppers are temporary conference staff working for 8 hours in return of free registration for the Conference.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of GHCI Student Scholarship
GHCI Student Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Students related to Computing and IT
- Educational Qualification: The applicants need to be an Undergraduate/ Graduate student.
- Related Field: The applicants should be in the field of Computing and IT field.
GHCI Student Scholarship Reward
The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing India gives an opportunity to young female students to get in touch with other women involved in the field of computing and Information Technology, learn from peers and get quality career advice from experts as per their individual needs. The scholarship provides interested students a chance to attend the GHCI 2016 by providing the following benefits:
- Number of Scholarships: In the year 2014, total 130 full & partial scholarships were offered.
- Scholarship Covers: The scholarship covers the registration charges of the conference, stay arrangement in shared hotel room for 2 nights, meals during the conference along with travel expenses of up to Rs. 2000 will be reimbursed.
GHCI Student Scholarship Application form and Process
The application process of GHCI 2016 Student Scholarship is completely online and the interested candidates need to upload their resume as well as fill the online application form to complete their application process. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Step 1- Uploading Resume: The candidates interested in making application for the scholarship need to upload their resume to the Resume Database of GHCI 2016.
- Step 2- Apply: Candidates are required to complete their online applications by submitting their details asked in the application form and submit the application to complete the application procedure.
GHCI Student Scholarship Selection Process
The selection process tries to maintain a balance between candidates selected from various institutions and backgrounds. The details of the selection process are as follow:
- Each applications received is reviewed by at least 2 professional experts from industry and academia.
- The reviewers provide their feedback on every application which is then presented to Student Scholarships Committee Co-Chairs.
- The applications are evaluated on the following basis:
- Academic Achievements
- Focus on specialization through internships
- Paper presentations
- Participation in contests and workshops
- Projects and other extracurricular activities
- Scholarships are awarded to the highest scorers of the list and the selected candidates are informed by September 2016.
GHCI Student Scholarship Contact Details
NBHM Scholarship MSc 2017 is offered by National Board of Higher Mathematics. This scholarship will be provided to those students who wish to pursue s... Read More
World Bank’s Young Professionals Program 2018 is an opportunity for young professionals to start their career and join World Bank.Every year 40 ... Read More
Jago Grahak Jago Campaign Mascot, Jingle and Video Contest is open to all citizens of India. Interested candidates have to submit their entries by 28 ... Read More
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More