GE Foundation Scholarship 2016
About GE Scholarship
The GE Foundation Scholarship Program began in 1987 in Mexico, and since then it has been a strong pillar which provides support to outstanding students in higher education in fourteen countries around the world of which India is also the one.The GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders program is administered by the Institute of International Education on behalf of the GE Foundation.
- IIE is an international not-for-profit organisation established in 1919 and has been working into Indan higher education for the past 60 years. It established its office in New Delhi, India in 2005.
- IIE currently administers 200 programs which benefit near about 20,000 men and women from 175 nations
- The GE Foundation Scholarship 2016 Leaders Program is about developing Leadership, Community Involvement and Global Connections for a new generation of students.
The Scholarship Includes:
- Financial Support for the last 2 to 3 years of the program the candidate is enrolled to.
- Access to funded participation in Leadership Development Seminar
- Opportunities in community development or volunteer projects
- Mentorship Opportunities with GE Business Leaders.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of GE Scholarship
GE Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Students of selected Indian Universities
|| 2nd year undergraduate engineering students
- Nationality: Citizen or permanent resident of India
- Academic Qualification: Enrolled in second year undergraduate engineering programme.
- Able to demonstrate high academic performance
- Able to demonstrate leadership potential
- Eligible Institutes & Courses: The candidate should be enrolled in one of the partner universities within the specific field of study as indicated below:
Courses eligible for the scholarship
VIT University Vellore
Tezpur University Assam
- Food Engineering and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
GE Scholarship Reward
GE Foundation Scholarship 2016 Reward
- Scholarship for 2 years: The successful candidates will be offered a scholarship of $2,000 (USD) per year for the 3rd and 4th years of their undergraduate engineering program.
- Interact with GE Business Leaders: Candidates will be given a golden chance to interact with GE Business Leaders and to understand the R&D culture of a major engineering company
- Participate in Seminar & Activities: Candidates can participate in the activities organised by GE Foundation Scholar-Leaders, including a specially designed leadership development seminar
- Participation in community development projects
GE Scholarship Application form and Process
The applicants can apply for the scholarship Online only at the official website.
>>Click here to Apply Online for GE Foundation 2016.
Details to be filled in the Online Application Form
- Applicant Details: Candidates are required to fill their name, alternate valid e-mail I’d, Gender, Date of Birth, Address, City, State, Country, Postal Code and a valid phone number.
- Education Information: Candidates have to furnish the name of the University, GPA of 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th semester, college enrollment date, anticipation graduation date and program length.
- University Address/ Previous Education: Candidates are required to fill in the address of the university last attended and the previous education qualified.
- Prizes or Awards/Activities/Volunteer & Professional Experience and Community Development Proposal.
- Medium: Candidates are required to write an Essay in English.
- The topic for the Essay:
- What has influenced your decision to pursue your particular area of study?
- What challenges and opportunities have you faced in pursuing this field of study?
- How would this scholarship help you to achieve your goals and facilitate your growth as a leader in your chosen field?
- Kindly Note: Candidates are required to write essay in a word processing software, such as Microsoft Word, and then copy and paste it.
- Family Information/Financial Information
- Supporting Documents
Candidates are required to upload the below mentioned documents; a soft copy needs to be scanned and uploaded in the space provided.
- Completed Certification Page – signed and dated
- A copy of High School Marks Certificate
- One certified copy of engineering college transcript for semesters 1 and 2 – combined and scanned as 1 single file
- Two Letters of Reference (from an Academic Supervisor and other Faculty Member) submitted electronically by your recommenders in the online system.Kindly Note: The letters of recommendation do not have to be sent in hard copy.
GE Scholarship Address
Phone: +91 11 46631430
GE Scholarship Contact Details
Ms. Preetika Sachar
Institute of International Education (IIE) India
J-19, Hauz Khas Enclave, New Delhi – 110016, India
Aakash Talent Quest Scholarship is for Class 12 Students for undertaking Crash Course and All India Test series for Engineering and Medical ... Read More
2nd Bird Photography Contest 2018 will be held as an event under the 2nd Bird Festival of Goa 2018 which is organized by Goa Forest Con... Read More
FIITJEE FTRE 2017 is a national level talent examination conducted at FIITJEE centres located all over the country for s... Read More
ICSO, International Company Secretaries Olympiad is being organised by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) in collaboration with The Institute of Compan... Read More