Gandhi Fellowship 2017-19
About Gandhi Fellowship
- Gandhi Fellowship is a 2-year residential program, initiated by Kaivalya Education Foundation in support of Piramal Foundation. It is awarded to the inspired and inventive youth from top universities and colleges. The fellows have to work with the primary school headmasters / principals to transform their schools.
- Gandhi Fellowship was started in 2008 with 11 fellows and has been steadily growing in popularity & number of participants.
- During the fellowship, each fellow has to take care of 5 schools assigned to him/her with the support of 5 primary school headmasters, 50 teachers, 500 children in difficult rural and urban locations.
- Fellows will also learn to figure out their own dreams and will be equipped with the skills to pursue their goals and dreams after the completion of the fellowship.
- Further, they will get help in finding job opportunities from the placement cell of the Gandhi Fellowship.
- Field of Study of Potential Fellows: The interested candidates can be from any field i.e. Applied & Pure Sciences, Commerce and Business, Engineering, Social & Behavioural Science, Maths and Journalism, Humanities, & Liberal Arts, Education, Law, etc.
- Gandhi Fellowship provides an opportunity where interested people will work on a social problem and learn the system design thinking process i. e. the change leadership,
- Fellowship Commences: July 1, 2016
- Partners: The Gandhi Fellowship has partnered with
- Funded by: Piramal Foundation, UNICEF, and Michael and Susan Dell foundation, USAID, Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai
- Government partners- Sarv Siksha Abhiyan, State Government of Rajasthan, Surat Municipal Corporation.
- Technical Partners: Harvard Graduate Schools of Education, Educational Initiatives .
- Other Tie Ups- Ashoka India, Jodo Gyan, IIM Ahmedabad, Echoing Green, Harvard University
- Based on Gandhi’s principles of “Be the change you wish to see in the world” and his belief in the process of action & reflection and using reflection as a major tool for causing personal & social change, this fellowship offers guidance to the talented youth towards being actively engaged in solving the myriad problems of country today.
- The applications for Gandhi Fellowship started from October 2, 2016
Gandhi Fellowship Batch Sizes
Gandhi Fellowship has been steadily increasing its popularity and the students from Top colleges & Universities have been a part of it.
Profile of some of the Gandhi Fellows
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Gandhi Fellowship
Gandhi Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||All India & Students studying abroad
||Any graduate, student in final year of post-graduation or young professional
- Age: The applicant needs to be younger than 26 years as on October 2, 2016.
- The application should be unmarried.
- Minimum Education Qualification: Should be a graduate.
- Achievements: Candidates from Top colleges who have showcased excellence, rigour, and achievement in Studies or Extra Curricular Activities such as Sports, NSS, NCC, Voluntary work, performing arts, literature, etc. are eligible for making application.
- It is a full time program, so the fellows cannot pursue any employment, study program, coaching etc. with it.
Gandhi Fellowship Reward
- Monthly Stipend: During the 2 years intensive program, fellows will receive the stipend of Rs. 14,000 per month
- Disbursement of Scholarship: Half of the monthly stipend will be given to the candidate while the other half will be retained as interest-free reserve amount.
The payment interest-free reserve amount will be made after completion of the fellowship tenure.
- Rent free Accommodation
- Other Allowance
- Rs. 600 per month for mobile cost
- Shared two wheelers for fellows & reimbursements for official travels.
- Experience Certificate: Two years experience certificate from Gandhi Fellowship.
- Building Competencies through Gandhi Fellowship
- Fellows will get an opportunity to learn the system design change and would use these skills later while working on any other social issue.
- Seven Competencies: While going through the intensive program, fellows will develop the seven competencies
- Collaborative Work
- Influence without Authority
- Risk-taking & Entrepreneurial Ability
- Articulation of Values
- Articulation of Private Dream
They can apply these learning experiences for solving out other social issues, throughout their career.
- Support from the Placement Cell: The placement cell of the Gandhi Fellowship will help the fellows to find out the job opportunities.
Gandhi Fellowship Application form and Process
- Application procedure for The Gandhi Fellowship 2016 has started on October 2, 2016. There is only application procedure for Gandhi Fellowship and there is no offline application process.
- Click here top apply
Steps for filling Gandhi Fellowship Application Form
- Gandhi Fellowship Online Application: The applicant has to first fill in the Gandhi Fellowship Application form online and has to submit the following details:
- Personal details
- Family Details
- Education details
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Work experience (if any)
- You can also give a preference for Area of work during fellowship period as rural or urban.
- Step 2: Only for Shortlisted Candidates: You will get the access to step 2 of application form with further questions once you are selected in step 1. This review process takes a time of 5-10 days. The applicant would be notified through e-mail.
Gandhi Fellowship Selection Process
- Gandhi Fellowship has a rigorous 3-level personalized and reflective recruitment process based on the competencies of leadership.
- Application Form
- Telephonic Interview
- Final Personal Interaction & Evaluation
Gandhi fellowship is a 2 years program spread across 4 semesters and in all it has 10 Fellowship Processes .
- Field Support
- Classroom Training
- Community Immersion
- Public Systems Project
- Curriculum on Leadership
- Curriculum on Fitness
- Learning Journey
- Private Dream Discovery Process
- Collaborative Learning
Each process has a clearly identified goal, which is tied to various competencies so at the end of every process, fellows come together for a four-day period of structured reflection around learning called the PRAP or the Personal Reflection Assessment Process.
- The PRAP helps fellows identify their strengths and areas of development through evaluations and assessment.
Gandhi Fellowship Address
Delhi: A 56 Panscheel Enclave, Near Soami Nagar, Bus Stop
New Delhi-110017, Phone: 01126493385
Mumbai : Piramal Tower, Ganpatrao Kadam marg, Lower Parel Mumbai-400 013 Maharashtra
Rajasthan: F 121 Laxmi Niwas, Indira Colony Jhunjhunu- 333001 Rajasthan
Gandhi Fellowship Contact Details
North India: Qasim K Naqash +91 8800827862
South India: Abhijit Das +91 8051044101
West India: Abhishek Mishra+91 8000018345
East India:Pronoma Roy +91 9903895105
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
Wild Wisdom Quiz Contest 2017 for Junior & Middle School Students registration process is already started. The Wild Wisdom Quiz is an attempt... Read More
Scheme for Promoting Young Talents in Science (SPYTiS) is a programme conducted by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment&n... Read More
KVPY, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national fellowship programme funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government ... Read More