EngineerGirl Essay Contest 2017
Manipal Institute of Technology Admission 2018 Apply Now
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About EngineerGirl Essay Contest
EngineerGirl Essay Contest 2017 is being organised by National Academy of Engineering to encourage school students to take up engineering as a career. To apply for the Engineer Girl Contest, the candidates need to submit the essay prepared on the topics provided. This page gives the complete information on EngineerGirl Essay Contest 2017. The candidates need to consider the following questions in mind while preparing an essay:
- Why did you choose this species, and what problem or problems does it face?
- What ideas have already been tested that may help to design a solution and begin solving those problems?
- What specific solution would you suggest to help solve the problems faced by this species?
- Aside from the animals, who would benefit from your proposed solution?
- Are there any policies or standards currently in place that would affect the way your solution could be implemented?
- Who would have to be involved in implementing the proposed solution?
- Who should fund the proposed solution?
Theme: The participants should imagine that they are working as an engineer and the participants should write an essay describing what to do to minimise negative effects on valuable animal species and giving solutions to help animals and people share the planet.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of EngineerGirl Essay Contest
EngineerGirl Essay Contest Eligibility Criteria
||Class 3-12 (As per US grade Categories)
The participant should be a student of class 3 to 12 as per US grade Categories. Both male & female students can participate in the contest.
- Elementary School Students (Grade 3-5): In this category, the candidates need to Imagine himself/herself an engineer and then need to identify an organisation that might implement their proposed solution and write a letter to the leader of that organisation. In their letter, they need to describe their proposed solution in detail and explain the following:
- How should it be implemented?
- Why is it important to implement?
- Middle School Students (Grades 6-8): In this category, the candidates need to Imagine himself/herself an engineer and then need to identify an organisation that might implement their proposed solution and write a project summary for the organisation’s public relations (PR) department by explaining the following
- What is new or novel about your approach?
- Identify who would be involved in the design, testing,
manufacturing and distribution stage of the project?
- How they work together to implement the solution?
- High School Students (Grades 9-12): In this category, the candidates need to Imagine himself/herself an engineer and then need to identify an organisation that might implement their proposed solution and write a proposal to the organisation that would fund this project by explaining the following:
- What has already been tried or is already known about this type of solution?
- What would be new or innovative?
- How will you test or anticipate failure for any innovations to minimise risk?
Not Eligible for the Contest
- Earlier winner of the same contest is not allowed to participate in the same category.
EngineerGirl Essay Contest Reward
Three winners from each category will be awarded cash prizes worth USD 850 (Approx. INR 56,000). Three winners will be selected from each category and will be awarded the following prizes:
- First Prize: The winner of First prize will get a cash prize of USD 500 (Approx. INR 32,000).
- Second Prize: A cash prize of USD 250 (Approx. INR 16,000) will be given to the winner of Second Prize.
- Third Prize: Third Prize winner will get a cash prize of USD 100 (Approx. INR 6,000).
EngineerGirl Essay Contest Application form and Process
The participation in the contest is completely online, and the details related to the contest as well as its application process are as follow:
The theme of the Essay Contest: The participants should imagine that they are working as an engineer and the participants should write an essay describing what to do to minimise negative effects on valuable animal species and giving solutions to help animals and people share the planet.
There is a word limit for all the category of the application. The participants need to send the essay in word limit according to their category which is given below:
- Category 1: 400 to 700 words
- Category 2: 600 to 1100 words
- Category 3: 1000 to 1500 words
EngineerGirl Essay Contest Reference Guidelines
The essays written by the candidates must be their original work, and resources must be clearly mentioned. The participants should research their selected topics and provide the resources used for the essay. The following details are to be provided:
- Title: The name of the resource.
- Author: The person who wrote or created the resource. If you cannot find an author you may write, “No Author Available.”
- Date: The date the resource was created.
- Location: Where the resource can be found. For the web pages mention the URL. For printed resources include the publisher.
Submission of EngineerGirl Essay
Candidates are required to submit their essays online. Candidates are not required to upload any file, they can simply copy & paste their essay in the space provided in the application form.
Click Here to submit the essay
The candidates must read the rules and regulation of the contest before the final submission of the essay. The get the complete rules and regulations needed for this contest, the candidates can see the attached pdf below.
EngineerGirl Essay Contest Selection Process
Submitted EngineerGirl essays will be judged by the professionals from various engineering fields. The final candidates will be shortlisted by the EngineerGirl Steering Committee that includes famous professionals in engineering and engineering education.
The members of the judging panel will consider the following criteria in making their selections:
- Accurate research and analytical thinking
- Creativity and originality in the content selection and presentation
- Effectiveness in communicating ideas and fully addressing the requirements of the contest.
The decisions of the judges will be final and indisputable. The finalists of the EngineerGirl Essay Contest 2017 will be informed by email by 1 May 2017. However, the Winners will be notified in writing via email by 1 June 2017.
The candidates can also obtain the list of contest winners by submitting a request in writing to the following address:
EngineerGirl Essay Contest, National
Academy of Engineering, 500 Fifth Street,
NW, Washington, DC 20001.
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Indian Engineering Olympiad (IEO) 2018 is a National Level Exam that offers a real test of engineering skills for the students in various fields of en... Read More
Dr Radhakrishnan HPBOSE Scholarship merit cum means scholarship is awarded annually to the selected candidates. Every year, Himachal Pr... Read More
UGC Scholarship for University Rank Holders is offered by UGC with the help of Ministry of Human Resource and Development for the 1st and 2nd rank hol... Read More