Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship 2017
About Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is offered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) for pursuing undergraduate studies in Singapore. It is a private sector scholarship. The Dr GKS Scholarship Fund had been set up by Singapore’s financial community in salutation to the country’s former Deputy Prime Minister who had worked towards an economic development of Singapore into a reputable international financial centre. This page gives the complete information about the Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship which includes the Eligibility, Rewards, Application Process, Selection Process.
The privately funded scholarship is awarded to 3-4 scholars from 15 Asia Pacific countries including India, Myanmar, Cambodia, Brunei, Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong SAR, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, China, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam and Taiwan for pursuing undergraduate courses at local Singaporean universities.
The application for the Goh Keng Swee Scholarship has begun on 16 October 2016 and the last date to apply for the Scholarship is 10 March 2017.
- Type of Scholarship: Full Paid Scholarship
- Course level: Under Graduate
- Number of Awards: 3-4
- Country for Study: Singapore
Participating Universities for Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship
The participating universities in Singapore under the scholarship include the following institutes mentioned below:
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU),
- National University of Singapore (NUS),
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore Management University (SMU).
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||India, Myanmar, Cambodia, Brunei, Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong SAR, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, China, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam and Taiwan
||Class 12 students
- The candidates applying for the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidates must have a passport to any of the 15 Asia Pacific economies mentioned above.
- The candidates must have applied to NTU, NUS, SUTD and SMU to be eligible for the Goh Keng Swee Scholarship.
- Candidates must possess leadership qualities and must have a good academic career as well as an achiever in co-curricular activities (CCA).
- Candidates applying for the Goh Keng Swee Scholarship must have appeared for SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) or must have registered to appear for SAT.
- Candidates need to check the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) as TOEFL may be required by some universities.
- Non-Eligible Candidates
- Citizens of Singapore and Permanent Residents are not eligible to apply for GKS Scholarship.
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship Reward
Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship supports a maximum of four years of undergraduate study (including Honours). It provides the following rewards for the scholarship
- Settling-in Allowance: Scholars receive SGD200 (Approx. INR 9300) as settling-in allowance upon arrival in Singapore.
- Course Fee: It pays for the tuition fee and other compulsory fees.
- Travel Expenses: The scholarship pays for the airfare for travelling to Singapore and the return fare upon completion of the course.
- Maintenance fee: Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship also pays a maintenance fee of SGD 6500 (Approx. INR 3 lakh).
- Hostel Fee: The Scholarship also covers the hostel fee charged by the institution.
Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Bond
The candidates are required to sign a three-year bond which requires them to work in Singapore for three years at a company approved by the country upon completion of their course.
- The companies that they might work with are:
- DBS Bank (DBS)
- United Overseas Bank (UOB)
- OCBC Bank (OCBC)
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Merrill Lynch
- KPMG, among others.
In past, the scholarship holders have also worked with non-finance companies that are Proctor and Gamble, Oracle, Urban Redevelopment Authority of Singapore (URA), d CrimsonLogic etc. There will be annual reviews of the scholarship award. The scholarship will be renewed on the basis of good academic results and satisfactory performance.
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship Application form and Process
The candidates must have appeared for SAT or must have registered to appear for SAT before applying to the scholarship. For more details regarding SAT, students are requested to visit the College Board Website.
Information required before filling the Dr Goh Keng Swee Application Form
- A valid email address
- Personal and family members' particulars
- GCE O-level results
- Pre-tertiary academic results
- University results for each semester
- Co-curricular Activities records, prizes and awards
- University application and outcomes
- SAT results
Dr GKS Scholarship Application Form - Apply Here
The candidates can apply online for the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship by visiting the official website. The application process has started and the eligible candidates can fill the application form by following the link below
Click Here to Apply Now
The step by step guidance with the instruction to fill the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Application Form is given below. The candidates are suggested to follow the each and every step to fill the application form.
- STEP 1: The candidates need to register themselves on the official website of GKS and need to fill the following information
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
- Citizenship etc.
- STEP 2: After successful registration, the login credentials will be sent to the registered email id of the candidate.
- STEP 3: The candidates need to log in using the credentials and then apply for the scholarship. Candidates are advised to fill the application form carefully.
Documents required for Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Submission
For All Candidates:
For Shortlisted candidates who studied in Singapore:
- Secondary 4 Year End School Academic Reports
- Secondary 4 Co-curricular Activities (CCA) and Community Involvement Programme (CIP) Records
- Pre-tertiary CCA and CIP Records
- Certificates of Academic Qualification Obtained
For Shortlisted candidates who did not study in Singapore:
- Final High School examination
- Certificates of Academic Qualification Obtained
- Up to 3 Letters of Recommendation
Additional Documents for current undergraduates:
- University Academic Transcripts
- University CCA Records
Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Application Submission
Candidates are advised to check the details of the application form before the final submission because once the application has been processed then the candidates will not be able to do any changes.Students are required to keep a copy of the application form for future reference.
Candidates need to know that they do not need to send the hard copy of the application to the organization of Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS). The completed application form is to be e-mailed to email@example.com
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship Selection Process
The selection of the students will be done based on their academic & non-academic achievements. The interview schedule and other information regarding this is given below.
- Interview in Singapore: Students who are shortlisted will be called for an interview round to be held in Singapore in mid-May 2017.
- Interview Via Skype: The interview may be conducted via Skype which will be decided on a case-by-case basis, but attending the interview in Singapore is preferable.
- Travelling Expense: Students will have to bear the cost of travelling to Singapore for the interview. This amount will not be reimbursed.
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship Address
National Library Building
100 Victoria Street
#08-01, Singapore 188064
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship Contact Details
Phone: 6338 6000
Fax: 6332 4184.
Amar Ujala Lakshya Scholarship 2017 is an initiative under the Corporate Social Responsibility by Amar Ujala Foundation to provide financial support t... Read More
3M Young Innovators Challenge 2017 continues with its second generation innovators award program where they seek to find ideas and new projects f... Read More
Scroll Video Story Contest is a video contest on the theme It Happens Only in India. It is jointly organised by Scroll.in and Deutsche Welle (DW)... Read More
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938.Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarship... Read More