Doodle 4 Google Contest 2016 India
About Doodle 4 Google
- Doodle 4 Google contest organised by Google invites entries from Indian Students to design and submit Doodle 4 Google on the topic “If I could teach anyone anything for India, it would be...”
- Students of class 1-10 have to use their imagination & artistic talent to create a Doodle 4 Google on the given topic.
- What is Doodle?
When visitors log on Google website they can see a logo depicting distinguished visions, messages, and cultures every time. This logo is what, called to be Doodle.
- Winning Doodle will be displayed on the Google India homepage on November 14, 2016, i.e. Children’s Day and the contest will be judged by very renowned people in the field.
- Fun time: Participation in the contest will be fun as well as a learning experience to the bright young Indian minds.
- Doodle 4 Google Contest last date to receive the entries is October 21, 2016.
Latest Update : Doodle 4 Google 2016 Winners has been announced. One National Winner and 1 from each group that is Group 1,2 and 3 respectively. The details of the winners are given towards the end of this page.
Doodle 4 Google 2016 Important Dates
October 21, 2016
Last date to receive entries for Doodle 4 Google
November 1, 2016
12 finalists are announced and the public voting starts
November 10, 2016
Public voting ends
Winning Doodle displayed on the
Google India homepage
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Doodle 4 Google
Doodle 4 Google Eligibility Criteria
Students of class 1-10 are eligible to participate in Doodle 4 Google Competition.
Groups for the participation in Doodle 4 Google Contest
Classes have been segregated into three groups
- Class 1-3
- Class 4-6
- Class 7-10
Doodle 4 Google Reward
National Winner of the Doodle 4 Google Contest 2016
- Winning Doodle: National Winner's Google Doodle will be displayed on the Google India homepage on November 14, 2016
- Medal awarded by Google
- Invitation to the award ceremony
- A Chromebook laptop
Prizes for 12 finalists:
- All 12 finalists will receive Invitation to the award ceremony
- Certificate of achievement
- A Chromebook laptop
- Doodle will be publicly displayed in a gallery on the doodle website.
Doodle 4 Google Application form and Process
The Interested students can apply only through their parents/guardians/teachers. Students themselves are not allowed to register for the Contest.
Steps for participation in Doodle 4 Google Contest 2016
- Download Doodle 4 Google Entry Form (It is the same as Doodle 4 Google Template)
- The Doodle has to be created in the space provided in the entry form itself
- The Doodle should have a Title and Description in maximum 50 words.
Submission of the Doodle
The Doodle created can be uploaded online on Google Website or the hard copy can be sent by post. Doodles created should be submitted as per the class group.
- Online Submission >> Submit your Doodle here
- The supported file formats are JPG and PNG.
- If a scanner is not available, high-quality photos (at least 300 dpi) will be accepted.
- Submission of Doodle by post
- Parents/Guardians/Teachers may also send the application form along with the Doodle created by post to the Address mentioned below:
DDB Mudra Group,
184, Ground Floor, Platinum Tower,
Guidelines of Doodle 4 Google Competition
- Only parents/guardians/teachers are allowed to submit the application.
- The application form has to be duly signed by Parent/Teacher/Guardian, without that the application will not be accepted.
- Only one entry allowed: An individual participant can submit only one entry for the competition.
- In the case of receiving more than one entry from an individual participant, the first one will be accepted and remaining will be disqualified.
- Schools can submit any number of applications but each one should be created by a different individual.
- Even, classroom activities are available on the Google website to sharpen the artistic talent of children and to enable them to broaden the horizon of their imagination to give their best for the competition.
Doodle 4 Google Selection Process
Selection of the 12 Finalists
- Doodles will be considered & grouped by the students’ classes i.e. Class 1-3, 4-6 and 7-10.
- From each group, 12 Doodles will be shortlisted so a total of 35 Doodles will be shortlisted.
- Amongst the 36 shortlisted Doodles, 4 Doodles from each of the group will be selected by the Guest Judges.
(Ajit Ninan, a known cartoonist;Savio Mascarenhas, Art Director Children's Publishing at ACK Media and Ryan Germick, Google Doodle Team Lead, shall be liable to take the selection decisions).
Selection of the Winner
- Public Voting: Then, the selected 12 Doodles (4 from each group) will be published on the Google website on November 1,2016 and then, the public voting will start.
- Based on the public votes, one winning entry for each group ( there are 3 groups) will be announced.
- Each person may cast one vote for each class group.
- Winner: The guest judges will announce one overall winning doodle from the entries received and it will be displayed on the Google India Homepage on November 14, 2016.
Selection Criteria of Doodle 4 Google Competition
- Artistic Merit: Considering the student’s class group, the quality and skill demonstrated in the doodle will be evaluated.
- Creativity & Originality: How well the student incorporated the Google logo into his or her illustration will be taken into account along with the readability of the logo.Entries submitted will be judged on the basis of creativity including Unique and creative uses of the letters, background, foreground, etc. are all taken into account
- Theme Communication: How well the participant has expressed the theme- “A place in India I wish to visit” in his artwork and by the written statement.
Entries will be considered disqualified
- If copyrighted or trademarked images and logos are used while creating Doodle. For example Nike “swoosh” or popular characters from shows, movies, and books.
- Only one application per student or learner, please. If more than one is submitted only the first will be considered and those thereafter will be disqualified.
Google 4 Doodle Result 2016
Google 4 Doodle Result 2016 has been declared. Anvita Prashant Telang has been announced as the National Winner 2016. The winners have been announced and the list is given below.
Doodle 4 Google Address
DDB Mudra Group, 184,
Ground Floor, Platinum Tower,
Udyog Vihar, Gurgaon-122016
Unified Cyber Olympiad 2017 or UCO has been conducted by Unified Council for school children. Of class 2-10. UCO is sponsored and Organised by the Uni... Read More
OPJEMS Scholarship 2017 is an initiative by Jindal group and companies to provide financial help to meritorious students to become lead... Read More
TALLENTEX 2018 is a talent search competition conducted and directed by ALLEN Career Institute. TALLENTEX is an exam for young students and has cash p... Read More
Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and Indo-US Science and Technology Forum invites Indian candidates to apply for Bhavan Fellowship... Read More