29th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology
About DAE All India Essay Competition
29th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology is organised by Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) which is a department under Government of India. In 29th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology top 36 selected essays will be invited to Mumbai for the oral presentation of their essay. Students pursuing graduation in any stream in India can participate by writing an essay on topics related to nuclear energy.
Topic of Essay Contest
The topics of the 29th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology are
Nuclear Power for Combating
- Isotopes and Radiation Technology: Impacting the Quality of Life
Roal of Power Beams in Clean India Mission
Subscribe for Regular Updates of DAE All India Essay Competition
DAE All India Essay Competition Eligibility Criteria
||Students pursuing full-time graduation from any university/ institute deemed to be a university in India
|| Not Eligible to participate
- Those candidates who have earlier participated in the essay contest conducted by DAE and have won prizes including consolation prizes are not eligible to send their essays for participation.
DAE All India Essay Competition Reward
Winners will be rewarded on Founder’s Day i.e. 30 October 2017
- First Prize (3 nos.): Rs. 21,000
- Second Prize (3 nos.): Rs. 14,000
- Third Prize (3 nos.): Rs. 7,000
- Consolation Prize: Rs. 3,000 (To all those who make oral presentation but do not secure ﬁrst, second or third prize)
DAE All India Essay Competition Application form and Process
29th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology, the student has to write the essay according to the given guidelines and send the Essay at the given address before 9 August 2017.
Guidelines for writing the Essay or 29th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology
- Contestants no need to write their name or address anywhere on the sheet containing the essay.
- The essay must be written by a single person in English or in any official Indian language.
- Essay must be written in the following manner in not more than 2000 words
- An introduction in not more than 350 words stating about multifarious achievements of DAE in basic sciences and nuclear technology development and how these have helped in overall societal development in the country.
- The body of the essay in not more than 1500 words on the following topics.
- The Conclusion of the essay should not exceed 150 words
Submission of the Application Form
Documents to be sent along with the essay
- Bonafide studentship certificate by the principal of the university/college, contestant attending.
- A separate sheet stating the participant's name, College/ Institute name and residential address with contact no. and email-Id of the contestant as well as of the Institute.
- Contestants have to send their essay to the following address (Essays sent through email or fax will not be considered)
Assistant Administrative officer, Public Awareness Division
Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India,
Anushakti Bhavan, CSM Marg, Mumbai 400 001.
Topics for the Essay Contest
Nuclear Power for Combating
- Current Energy Scenario
- Energy Security and Sustainability for Future
- Clean Energy Technologies - Nuclear and Renewables
- Development of Nuclear Infrastructure in India
- Economics aspects of Nuclear and other Technologies
- Advanced Safety Technologies and Regulatory Practices
- Optimal Energy mix for India's future - Inevitability of Nuclear Power
- Generating Public Awareness for Nuclear Power
Societal Benefit of Non-Power Application of Nuclear Science and Technology:
- Basic of Applications of Radioactivity
- Genesis of Isotope Programme and Current Technologies for Isotope Production
- Medical Applications and Radiopharmaceuticals
- Isotopes in Hydrology and Water Management
- Applications in Agriculture and Food
- Industrial Applications - Tracers and Sealed Sources
- Innovations in Radiation Processing
- Environmental Applications for Clean India Mission (Swachchh Bharat Abhiyaan)
- Safety Regulation for Radioisotopes and its Applications
Laser Light in the Service of Indian Nuclear Energy:
- Laser, Plasma, and Electron Beam Sources and their unique features.
- Advantages of Power Beams as against conventional methods.
- Laser: A cleaning tool in the Nuclear industry, heritage conservation and monitoring environmental pollution.
- Plasma: Role in toxic waste disposal, surface cleaning
- Electron beams: Role in tackling industrial pollution, food preservation
DAE All India Essay Competition Selection Process
Out of the total essays, 36 best essays will be selected. Only the authors of the selected 36 essays will be informed for the oral presentation of their essays in Mumbai in October last week. For final selection both oral presentation as well as the quality of written essay will be considered. Candidates can also prepare the power point presentations for their essay.
Authors invited to Mumbai to present their essays orally will be given the following facilities:
- To and fro AC 3-Tier fare for railways by the shortest route
- Claim for reimbursement of rail fare for journey performed by Rajdhani/August Kranti/Shatabdi Express will be restricted to AC 3-Tier by ordinary Express/Mail train.
- Boarding and lodging in the Guest House of BARC at Anushaktinagar, Mumbai during the authorised period of stay.
DAE All India Essay Competition Address
Chatrapathi Shivaji Maharaj Marg,
Mumbai - 400 001
DAE All India Essay Competition Contact Details
The UNESCO Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers begun in the ye... Read More
Andreu World SA launches its “Andreu World International Design Contest.”. The competition is open both to design students and to professi... Read More
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2018 will be based on the scores of JNVST Exam conducted by Navodya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), which was established to... Read More
CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year 2017- The Royal Photography society represents the Urban Photographer Competition 2017. This year, the competition... Read More