28th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology
About DAE All India Essay Competition on Nuclear Science and Technology
- Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) is a department under Government of India and it is inviting applications for 28th All India Essay Competition, in which authors of top 36 selected essays will be invited to Mumbai for the oral present of their essay.
- Students pursuing graduation in any stream in India can participate by writing an essay on topics related to nuclear energy.
- The topics of the 28th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology are
Nuclear Power In India- Challenges and Future Direction
- Societal Benefit of Non-Power Application of Nuclear Science and Technology
Laser Light in the Service of Indian Nuclear Energy.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of DAE All India Essay Competition on Nuclear Science and Technology
DAE All India Essay Competition on Nuclear Science and Technology Eligibility Criteria
||Students purusing full time graduation from any university/ institute deemed to be a university in India
|| Not Eligible to participate
- Those candidates who have earlier participated in the essay contest conducted by DAE and have won prizes including consolation prizes are not eligible to send their essays for participation.
DAE All India Essay Competition on Nuclear Science and Technology Reward
Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology Rewards
Winners will be rewarded on Founder’s Day i.e. October 30, 2016
- First Prize (3 nos.) : Rs 21,000
- Second Prize (3 nos.) : Rs 14,000
- Third Prize (3 nos.) : Rs 7,000
- Consolation Prize : Rs 3,000 (To all those who make oral presentation but do not secure ﬁrst, second or third prize)
DAE All India Essay Competition on Nuclear Science and Technology Application form and Process
28th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology, the student has to write the essay according to the given guidelines and send the Essay at the given address before August 3, 2016.
Guidelines for writing the Essay or 28th All India Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology
- Contestants need not to write their name or address anywhere on the sheet containing the essay.
- Essay must be written by a single person in English or in any official Indian language.
- Essay must be written in the following manner in not more than 2000 words
- An introduction in not more than 350 words stating about multifarious achievements of DAE in basic sciences and nuclear technology development and how these have helped in overall societal development in the country.
- Body of the essay in not more than 1500 words on the following topics.
- The Conclusion of the essay should not exceed 150 words
Submission of the Application Form
- Documents to be sent along with the essay
- Bonafide studentship certificate by the principal of the university/college, contestant attending.
- A separate sheet stating the participant's name, College/ institute name and residential address with contact no. and email-Id of the contestant as well as of the Institute.
- Contestants have to send their essay on the following address (Essays sent through email or fax will not be considered)
Assistant Administrative officer, Public Awareness Division
Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India,
Anushakti Bhavan, CSM Marg, Mumbai 400 001.
Topics for the Essay Contest
Nuclear Power In India- Challenges and Future Direction:
- Energy Scenario – Demand –Supply gap
- Indian Nuclear Power Programme
- Role of Nuclear Energy in future energy mix
- Technology development for front and back end
- Evolution of safety approach
- Why India needs international collaboration?
- Economical aspects of Nuclear power
- Public Perception
Societal Benefit of Non-Power Application of Nuclear Science and Technology:
- Historical perspective of radioisotopes
- Production and properties of radioisotopes and radiation
- Radiotracer applications in industry
- Applications of sealed radioisotopes and radiation technologies in Industry
- Isotopes applications in hydrology and water resources management
- Radioisotopes and radiation based technologies for material processing
- Radiopharmaceuticals as diagnostic and therapeutic agents in health care
- Radiation therapy for cancer treatment
- Application of radiations in agriculture and food processing
- New developments in industrial applications of radioisotope technology
- Role of radioisotope technology in Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Radiological Safety
Laser Light in the Service of Indian Nuclear Energy:
- Introduction : Invention of lasers and their unique properties
- Recent developments of lasers: High powers and ultrashort pulses (Pettawatts to Femtoseconds)
- Applications of lasers in nuclear energy: Laser decontamination and decommissioning, Laser isotope separation, Laser based nuclear reactions
- Inertial confinement fusion with MegaJoule lasers
- Ultratrace analysis of Radionuclides
- Laser Rapid prototyping
- Future outlook
DAE All India Essay Competition on Nuclear Science and Technology Selection Process
Essay Contest on Nuclear Science and Technology Selection Process
- Out of the total essays, 36 best essays will be selected.
- Only the authors of the selected 36 essays will be informed for the oral presentation of their essays in Mumbai in October last week.
- For final selection both oral presentation as well as the quality of written essay will be considered.
- Candidates can also prepare the power point presentations for their essay.
- Authors invited to Mumbai to present their essays orally will be given the following facilities:
- To and fro AC 3-Tier fare for railways by the shortest route
- Claim for reimbursement of rail fare for journey performed by Rajdhani/August Kranti/Shatabdi Express will be restricted to AC 3-Tier by ordinary Express/Mail train.
- Boarding and lodging in the Guest House of BARC at Anushaktinagar, Mumbai during the authorized period of stay.
DAE All India Essay Competition on Nuclear Science and Technology Address
Chatrapathi Shivaji Maharaj Marg,
Mumbai - 400 001
DAE All India Essay Competition on Nuclear Science and Technology Contact Details
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
NDMC Photography Competition on 3rd International Yoga Day will be conducted on the date of 21 June 2017. New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) is the co... Read More
FAEA Scholarship 2017 is created for undergraduate studies in the field of arts, commerce, science, medical, engineering and other technical... Read More
Leeds University Business School Undergraduate Scholarships is being offered by the LEEDS University. Under the scholarship, the University ... Read More