CSIR NEIST Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2016
About CSIR NEIST Scholarship
CSIR NEIST Scholarship 2016 is for North-East Region students pursuing any Bachelor Degree programme in natural/basic sciences. Candidates enrolled in programs such as B.Sc., B.Sc (Hons), Integrated M.Sc. /MS Programs in any of the recognised Institutions in India are eligible for the scholarship. Apply for CSIR NEIST Golden Jubilee Scholarship 2016 on or before September 12, 2016.
- CSIR-NEIST Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme is to encourage the student to pursue their career in Science. During the scheme, the students will be provided training/Project work in any CSIR Laboratory of India for a maximum period of six months.
- The scholarship will be given for three years expected to cover the period of the course to which the candidate is admitted.
- The stipend will be for a maximum of six months.
About CSIR NEIST
North East Institute of Science and Technology (NEIST) Jorhat, Assam, a constituent establishment of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi, has been engaged in multidisciplinary R&D work relevant to the country in general and North East region in particular.
Scholarships Related to Basic Science
It is an All India Scholarship given by Department of Science and Technolgy based on an aptitude test and Interview. Lakhs of students apply for this scholarship every year.
Another scholarship by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. Of India based on the marks scored in Class 12.
CSIR NEIST Scholarship Important Dates
|Last date to apply for the scholarship
||September 12, 2016
|Merit List of the Selected Students
||September 26, 2016
Subscribe for Regular Updates of CSIR NEIST Scholarship
CSIR NEIST Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Passed Class 12 in 2016 and Pursuing Basic Science
- The candidates must be a domicile of North-East India
- The students must have obtained minimum 70% marks (or 7 in 10 scales) at 10+2 examination and should have passed in the year 2016 only.
- The candidate must be admitted to a Basic Science course at Degree level.
- The financially weak students will be given preference
- Only the Scholarship holders will be eligible for availing the training stipend.
CSIR NEIST Scholarship Reward
- Scholarship Amount: The amount of the Scholarship is Rs.1000 per month for 3 years
- Stipend: Additionally, a stipend of Rs. 1500 per month will be provided for a maximum period of six months training/project work during the entire course.
The selected students will not be allowed to avail any other scholarship besides this.
Train/or Bus fare
- Second class train or bus fare (to & fro) will be provided for appearing in the personal interview, wherever applicable.
- Second class train or bus fare (to & fro) will be provided for attending the award ceremony at CSIR-NEIST.
Payment of the CSIR-NEIST Scholarship
- The selected students will be eligible to receive the scholarship and the stipend amount from the date of joining the undergraduate/Integrated course
- The students will directly get the amount of scholarship in the bank account provided by the student at the time of admission by CSIR-NEIST.
Renewal of the CSIR NEIST Scholarship
The scholarship will be given only for a year and after that, it has to be renewed. The conditions for renewal of the scholarship are:
- The selected students have to submit a copy of the progress report at the end of every semester.
- For the continuation of the scholarship, the selected student must score at least 70% marks or a grade of 7 in 10 scales.
- The Performance of the student will be evaluated by the Award Evaluation Committee and only if they are satisfied then the scholarship will be renewed.
CSIR NEIST Scholarship Application form and Process
CSIR NIEST Golden Jubilee Scholarship Application form can only be filled offline by the candidates. The candidates need to read all the instructions carefully before filling the Application Form. Steps to fill the Application Form:
- Personal Details: The candidates applying for the scholarship must fill the personal details such as name (in BLOCK LETTERS), date of birth, contact number, parents/Guardian name, the income of the parents etc.
Download Application Form
- Educational Qualification: The candidates must enter the name of the college/Institution last attended, qualifying marks. The candidate must also write about the name of the current college/Institution and its details.
- Bank Details: The candidates must also mention their bank details such as bank name, bank address, bank Account number, MICR code, Bank Account type, IFSC code.
- Photograph: The candidate must affix their recent colour photograph of 3*3.5 cm.
- Signature: The candidate must sign the duly filled in application form.
Submission of CSIR-NEIST Application Form
The duly filled in CSIR-NEIST Application Form along with the required documents in a sealed cover should be sent by Speed Post or registered Post on or before September 12, 2016, at the address given below:
Head, Research Planning and Business Development (RPBD), Division,
CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology,
CSIR NEIST Scholarship Selection Process
- CSIR-NEIST Scholarship is provided to one student from each North-East region per year. The candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criteria mentioned above. Economically weak students will be given preference, the financially weaker section of the society. Selection will be made in order of merit.
- The selection will be made by an Award Evaluation Committee.
- Shortlisted candidates will be evaluated in the order of merit. If there are many candidates having the same score, the selection will be based on the personal Interview.
- The Shortlisted candidates for the scholarship will be notified by the First week of September and the selected candidates will be announced on September 26, 2016.
CSIR NEIST Scholarship Contact Details
CSIR-North East Institute of Science and Technology,
Jorhat- 785006, Assam
Phone : +91 376 2372291
Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship invites applications from researchers in the field of Social Science who are targeting South Asia. It will be 8 months paid ... Read More
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of protection and conservation of world&rsq... Read More
Lok Sabha Internship Programme is aimed to provide an opportunity to young talent in the country with outstanding academic credentials for i... Read More
The fountainhead essay competition is one of the three competitions conducted by Ayn Rand education.
The student has to write an essay on any of ... Read More