Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2016
About Commonwealth Professional Fellowship
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2016 is for individuals with minimum 5 years of work experience for undergoing a professional development program with a host organisation in the UK.
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2016 is to support mid-career professionals from developing commonwealth countries.The individuals work in their field for a program of professional development.
- The fellow should be able to demonstrate that how this program would help them in gaining skills & knowledge and how will they disseminate the learnings in their home country upon their return.
- Preference will be given to individuals with practical experience in the following fields:
- Economic growth
- Public health
- The fellowship allows the professionals to spend time in UK’s host organization which runs the programme for professional development.
- The fellowship is generally for one-three months but it can also be extended to maximum six months in case there are strong reasons for the extension.
- The Commonwealth Fellowship plan is also applicable for short courses or conferences as a part of the programme.
- Th deadline for Commonwealth Fellowship Round 2 Application is September 12, 2016.
- The application needs to be made through a nominating organization using Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Commonwealth Professional Fellowship
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
|| Professional with 5 year work experience.
- Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of commonwealth country or a British protected person.
- Professional: The applicant need to be a professional related to charitable, public or private sectors with minimum 5 years of experience.
- Applicant should not have taken Commonwealth Professional Fellowship earlier.
Not Eligible for the fellowship:
- Not for academic programme:The applicants must not undergo any academic programme of research or study in UK.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Reward
- Air Fare: The applicant will be eligible for Economy Class airfare from his home country to the UK.
- Living Allowance: A monthly living allowance of 1,959 GBP per month will be given to the applicants based in London metropolitan area and 1,580 GBP per month will be given to all others.
- Arrival Allowance: Applicants, if selected, will get arrival allowance of 887.83 GBP will be given to get warm clothing and reimbursement of the visa application fee.
- Extra Baggage Allowance: The applicant will receive extra baggage allowance for the return travel and the amount for the same will be informed to the applicant before the departure dates.
- Allowance for conferences and sort term courses: Candidate can claim a maximum of 3000 GBP as the fee of any conferences or short term courses attended during the fellowship as an approved part of the application, after giving full justification of the amount being claimed.
- Ineligible Allowance: Claims to fund mobile phone, laptop computer hire, cultural events and cost of visits outside the UK will not be approved.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Application form and Process
Candidates willing to apply for the fellowship need to do the same after there are informed to do so by the UK host organization.
The candidates have to apply to the nomination organisation and must liaise with them in advance of the last date to agree on a deadline to complete the EAS so that the organisation can submit the full application by the official deadline.
- Application Mode: The applications need to be made through Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s Electronic Application System available at the official website of Commission.
- Information required: While filling the application form online candidates will be asked to enter details related to his organization, activities he wants to undertake, the impact of the activities, details regarding the career.
- References: Candidates need to submit the contact details of 2 references, one of them must be the current employer of the applicant. Applications without references will not be considered for the fellowship.
Submission of Application Form
Nomination Organisation has to submit the applications made by the candidates before the due date specified by the CSCThe last day for applying for Round 2 is September 12, 2016.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Selection Process
All the applications will be selected based on the below given following criterion :
- Transfer of Knowledge: The degree up to which the proposed fellowship will ensure the transfer of skills related to the development of the related nation.
- Benefits of the Skills: The level up to which the acquired skills will help the development of the related country.
- Effect of the Fellowship: The extent up to which the fellowship will act as a strengthening agent within the related nation or the nation’s relation with the UK.
Note: Decision of the selection committee will be final in all the cases.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Address
20-24 Tavistock Square
London WC1H 9HF
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Contact Details
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Contact Number: +44 (0)20 7380 6749
UP Pre Matric Scholarship 2017 is for the students of Uttar Pradesh who are studying in Class 9-10 in any recognised school in Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pr... Read More
Schwarzman Scholars Program 2017, China invites applications from candidates interested in pursuing one-year Master’s Degree in Public Poli... Read More
UP Post Matric Scholarship 2017 - Samaj Kalyan Scholarship is being offered by the Uttar Pradesh Government. Uttar Pradesh Social Welfare Department&n... Read More
National level 8th Painting Competition on Water Conservation aims at making the children aware of the need of conserving this precious resource ... Read More