Chevening Scholarship 2017-18 for Study in UK
About Chevening Scholarship 2017-18
- Chevening Scholarship is an International Scholarship for students from 144 countries and was started in the year 1984. It is similar to Fulbright Scholarship scheme of USA which invites scholars from 155 countries to pursue Master's studies in the USA.
- It is now open for applications for Indian Students who have Bachelor's degree and are willing to go for one year Post-graduate program at any UK university. Every year close to 25000 apply for the scholarship and only 700 students are awarded the scholarship. The scholarship aims at selecting the "high-calibre graduates with the personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary for leadership"
- It is a prestigious scholarship and provides financial assistance along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
- It is not compulsory to have an admission offer from a UK university before applying to the Chevening scholarship. The applicants can upload the admission offer letter before July 2017.
- Under the Chevening Scholarship, interested candidates can undertake Masters in UK Universities in the following subjects:
- Energy Security
- Climate Change
- Urban Development
- Foreign Policy
- Trade And Investment
- Economic Reforms
- Research And Innovation
The students can also choose any other course that is not under the above-given study are however the priority areas indicate the fields of study options that the British Embassy/High Commission will consider favourably when reviewing the applications.
- Chevening Scholarship will cover the tuition fee of the students along with the Monthly stipend, airfare and various grants covering the cost of thesis and study material.
- The Application form needs to be filled online prior to November 08, 2016.
- The student should upload passport, 2 references, and unconditional acceptance letter of any UK university in order to complete the application process.
Chevening Scholarship 2017 - Schedule
|August 8, 2016
||Opening of Chevening Scholarships applications. Apply at www.chevening.org/apply
|November 8, 2016
||Closing of Chevening Scholarships applications
|From November 9, 2016
||Sifting of applications against eligibility criteria
|Mid-November to December 2016
||Independent reading committees assess eligible applications
|January to early February 2017
||Candidates are shortlisted for interview
|By Mid-February 2017
||Candidates are notified that they have been selected for interview
|March 6 to May 5, 2017
||Global Interview period
|Early June 2017
||Announcement of interview results
|July 13, 2017
||Deadline for university unconditional offers
|July 13, 2017
||Deadline for meeting English language requirement
||2017/2018 Chevening Scholars commence their studies in the UK
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Chevening Scholarship 2017-18
Chevening Scholarship 2017-18 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Indian students are eligible for making application for the scholarship.
- Academic qualification: Applicant should have an Undergraduate Degree with an upper second class equivalent of a UK degree.
- Work Experience: The student applying for the scholarship needs to have at least 2 years work experience.
- Language: The candidate should be able to communicate in English and should have at least 5.5 bands in IELTS examination or equivalent examination.
- Offer from UK University: The candidate must have applied to three different eligible UK university courses and should receive an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 13, 2017
The students selected as Chevening scholars have to return to their home country after they finish their one-year post graduate program.
Chevening Scholarship 2017-18 Reward
The fellows selected for the award of Chevening Scholarship will be entitled to the following benefits:
- University tuition fees: The scholarship will cover the Tuition fee of the University.
- A monthly stipend: A monthly stipend will be offered to students to meet their daily needs.
- Travel costs to and from the UK: The economy class air fare for the scholars will be covered by the scholarship.
- An arrival allowance & homeward departure allowance: To help the students in hassle free arrival & departures, arrival & departure allowance will be given to the selected candidates.
- Grant for study materials & Thesis: The students will get grants to cover the cost of their thesis and study material.
- A study travel allowance: Students will also be provided with the grant to cover their expenses related to travel done for educational purpose.
- The cost of one visa application: The cost of visa will also be covered in Chevening Scholarship.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK: To attend events organized by Chevening, selected candidates will get travel grant to participate in the events.
Chevening Scholarship 2017-18 Application form and Process
The Applications for the Chevening Scholarship 2017/18 are to be made online using the online application system available at the website of Chevening Scholarship. The details related to the application process are as follow:
- Click here to apply
- Mode of Application: The applications are to be submitted by filling the online application form. Before filling the applications, candidates are required to answer some questions to confirm their eligibility for the scholarship.
- Which Courses are eligible under Chevening Scholarship: The students can choose any Master's Degree Course in the UK provided that it is a 12 months course and is available in the Online Application Form. In case the course you are looking for doesn't appear in the online application form you can contact the organisers and send in a mail to them. If approved, the course would be added to the Chevening Scholarship online application form.
- Attachments: The Application for the Chevening Scholarship is to be accompanied by the following documents only in PDF format and the size of the documents needs to be smaller than 5 MB:
- Valid Passport: The candidate needs to have a valid Passport.
- References: The candidate should send 2 reference letters written in English.
- University Transcripts: The candidate should submit the transcript of their Undergraduate as well Post-graduate Degrees.
- English Language: The candidates should send documents confirming that they meet the English language requirements.
- UK Master's university offer letter: The candidates should make applications to at least three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2017.
- Chevening Scholarship Partner Universities and Organisations: The following are the partner organizations:
- Bangor University
- Brunel University
- Cardiff University
- Durham University
- Newcastle University
- Queen Mary University of London
- University of Birmingham
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bath
- University of Cambridge
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Leeds
- University of Reading
- University of Salford
- University of South Wales
- University of Southampton
- University of Surrey
- Oxford University Foreign Service Programme
- Rio Tinto
- Submission: The submission of the completely filled application form needs to be done once all the columns are filled and all the required documents are uploaded as once the application form has been submitted no changes in the application form is permitted.
Chevening Scholarship 2017-18 Contact Details
JN Tata Endowment Scholarship is awarded by Sir Dorabji Tata Trust. The trust offers scholarships in the form of loans for higher studies abroad. The ... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The scholarship will ... Read More
AICTE Saksham Scholarship for Differently Abled Persons under Saksham Scholarship Scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Developme... Read More
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2017-18 is organised by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The foundation awards interest-free loan scholarship... Read More