Charles Causley Poetry Writing Competition 2016
About Charles Causley Poetry Writing Competition
- The Charles Causley Poetry Competition 2015 is an International Poetry Competition which is open for Entries till November 3, 2015
- Interested candidates have to write poem/s based on any subject in 40 lines of text maximum.
- The winners will be felicitated in the Early 2016 in an Award Ceremony. To be part of the Poetry Writing Competition candidates have to pay the fees.
- The closing date of the competition is 12 noon (UK time), November 3, 2015.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Charles Causley Poetry Writing Competition
Charles Causley Poetry Writing Competition Eligibility Criteria
||18 years and above
- Nationality: People of all Nationalities are eligible to participate
- Age: 18 years and above
- No current employee or Trustee of The Charles Causley Trust or the 'Spark to Flame' consortium is eligible to enter this Competition.
Charles Causley Poetry Writing Competition Reward
Charles Causley Poetry Competition Reward
- The Prize Giving Ceremony will be conducted in Early 2016,.
- There is a limited travel budget to assist the first prize winner to collect their award.
- There is no financial assistance for second and third prize winners to travel to any event
There will also be 5 Highly Commended Awards of £30 each.
Charles Causley Poetry Writing Competition Application form and Process
Charles Causley Poetry Competition Application Process
- Candidate can make any number of entries they feel like, but additional entries incur further entry fees. Application Form
- Entries must be accompanied by a completed entry form and payment to be accepted.
- 3 copies of each poem must be submitted.
About the poems
- All individual poems must have a title
- 40 lines of text maximum, no minimum
- The title is not included in the line count
- Lines between text/stanzas are not counted in the line count.
- Entries must be typed; single sided A4
- Each entry to be on a new sheet.
- Poems to be single-spaced and a line count noted at the top of the page.
- The poet’s name or other identifying marks or detail must not appear on the poem sheet itself.
- Handwritten entries will not be accepted.
The first poem submitted costs £7. Subsequent entries in the same submission cost £5 per poem.
How to make the payment?
For Entrants from UK
- Mode 1: UK bank Cheques and postal orders: Cheques should be made payable to The Charles Causley
- Mode 2: Direct Transfer: For UK Entrants
Account Name: The Charles Causley Trust – Int Poetry
Account Number: 20714468 Sort Code: 30-94-91 Please add your name as a reference
For Non UK Entrants
- Electronic Transfer
- BIC/Swift: LOYDGB21569
- IBAN: GB19 LOYD 3094 9120 7144 68
- Please add your name as a reference
The duly filled in Application Form along with the Poems have to be sent to the below mentioned address before November 3, 2015
Charles Causley Poetry Competition
Launceston Tourist Information Office
White Hart Arcade
Broad Street, Launceston
Cornwall, PL15 8AA.
Charles Causley Poetry Writing Competition Selection Process
Charles Causley Poetry Competition Selection Process
- Initial shortlisting of entries is undertaken by a team of experienced readers associated with The Charles Causley Trust
- Final judging of the shortlist will be undertaken by the experienced writers appointed by the Trust.
- Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by December 25, 2015 and invited to an award ceremony in early 2016.
- All winners will be required to provide a biography and photograph.
- Details of the winners will be posted on the Charles Causley Trust website
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
NDMC Photography Competition on 3rd International Yoga Day will be conducted on the date of 21 June 2017. New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) is the co... Read More
FAEA Scholarship 2017 is created for undergraduate studies in the field of arts, commerce, science, medical, engineering and other technical... Read More
Leeds University Business School Undergraduate Scholarships is being offered by the LEEDS University. Under the scholarship, the University ... Read More