CERN's Postdoc Fellowship Programme 2016
About CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme for Non-Member State
- European Organization for Nuclear Research also known as CERN invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme for the Non-Member States.
- CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme 2016 is open for candidates belonging to Non-Member states of CERN.The applicants should possess a Post-graduate or Doctoral degree in order to make application for the fellowship.
- Applicants with masters can have maximum 10 years research related experience and the area of specialization need to be Theoretical Physics.
- The selected candidates will be eligible for competitive salary, insurance and various other perks.
- The online applications for CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme can be made till October 15, 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme for Non-Member State
CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme for Non-Member State Eligibility Criteria
||Master’s or Ph.D.
- Nationality: The fellowship is available for citizens belonging to countries which are not associated with CERN.
- India is not a member of CERN countries so Indians are eligible.
- Academic qualification: The applicant should possess a PhD or Master’s Degree along with relevant work experience.
- Specialisation: The candidate should possess specialisation in field Theoretical Physics.
- Experience: The applicant can have a maximum research experience of 10 years which gives them access to Doctoral programs.
CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme for Non-Member State Reward
CERN Postdoc Fellowship Programme Rewards
The fellows selected for CERN Postdoc Fellowship Programme will be eligible for several benefits, the details related to the number of awards and duration of awards is as follow:
- CERN Postdoc Fellowship is given to 2 candidates each year.
- Duration of the Fellowship: The Fellowship will be offered for a period of 2 years which can be further extended in exceptional cases.
Benefits: The fellows selected for CERN Postdoc Fellowship will get the following benefits:
- Salary: The selected fellows will be eligible for competitive salary and the salary will be Tax free.
- Insurance: The fellows along with their dependents are covered by CERN's comprehensive health scheme.
- Travel Expense: Travel expense for the fellow as well as their family members will be provided.
- Leaves: The selected candidates will be entitled for paid leaves of 2.5 days in every month.
- Other benefits: The selected fellows may get installation grant, child allowance and family allowance.
CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme for Non-Member State Application form and Process
The application for the scholarship needs to be made online and the details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of Application: The applications are required to be made online, and the applicants need to complete the application process.
Click here to apply for CERN Postdoc Fellowship Programme.
- Required Documents: The following documents should reach CERN in order to complete the submission of the application form:
- Completed Application Form: Applicants should complete the online application form.
- Curriculum Vitae: A complete and recent curriculum vitae.
- List of publications: Applicants can simply mention the number of publications and can provide details of the most important ones.
- Educational Certificate: A photocopy of highest educational certificate.
- Letter of recommendation: 3 letters of recommendations are to be sent to CERN which should provide a broad overview of the academic / professional achievements.
- Motivational Statement: Applicants should provide half page description of motivation to join CERN.
- Research Interest: A short description of research interest.
Submission of CERN Post Doc Fellowship Application 2016
The applications can be submitted ONLINE but the Letter of recommendation can be submitted by any of the following modes:
- Online submission of Documents: The applicants can use e-recruitment system in order to complete their application and for the submission of the forms.
- Submission of Letters of Recommendation: The letters or recommendation can be sent by fax or post on the contact details mentioned below:
Fax: +41 22 766 8600
Postal address: Recruitment Service,
HR Department, CERN,
CH-1211 Geneva 23 (Switzerland)
CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme for Non-Member State Selection Process
- All applications for this type of Fellowship are considered by the Staff of the CERN TH Unit and the CERN Associates and Fellows Committee
- Appointments will be offered to selected candidates from the beginning of Autumn 2017.
CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme for Non-Member State Address
HR Department, CERN,
CH-1211 Geneva 23 (Switzerland)
CERN’s Postdoc Fellowship Programme for Non-Member State Contact Details
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
Amar Ujala Lakshya Scholarship 2017 is an initiative under the Corporate Social Responsibility by Amar Ujala Foundation to provide financial support t... Read More
3M Young Innovators Challenge 2017 continues with its second generation innovators award program where they seek to find ideas and new projects f... Read More
Scroll Video Story Contest is a video contest on the theme It Happens Only in India. It is jointly organised by Scroll.in and Deutsche Welle (DW)... Read More