British Council Future NEWS Conference- Edinburgh Scotland
About British Council Future NEWS Conference
- British Council Future NEWS Conference 2015 is an initiative on the part of British Council in association with Scottish Government and Reuters. Candidates on the whole have to write an Essay on the below given topic to be a part of the Conference.
- Future News 2015 is a three-day event scheduled to be conducted on September 4 to 6, 2015 in Scottish Parliament building with an aim to inspire the next generation of journalists.
- THEME: THE BUSINESS OF NEWS
- Candidates have a golden chance to show their writing skills by entering in the competition and win a chance to be at Future NEWS Conference in Edinburgh.
- The event will bring together 100 young people from across the world who will:
- learn key multi-media reporting and editing skills from established and emerging media and journalism professionals
- network with the best from the world of media and journalism, and with other aspiring journalists
- report using the Future NEWS multi-media real-time editorial system
- build up your writing and multi-media portfolio to support your CV
Subscribe for Regular Updates of British Council Future NEWS Conference
British Council Future NEWS Conference Eligibility Criteria
|| Class 12
Age Limit: Candidates between the age of 18 and 25 years are eligible to participate.
- Candidates must be fluent in Written and Spoken English
- Candidates must be aiming for a career in journalism or a graduate programme in journalism
British Council Future NEWS Conference Reward
British Council Future News Conference Reward
- All the selected candidates will have to travel to Scotland at Future NEWS’s expense to attend a three day full conference.
- The three-day event scheduled to be conducted on September 4 to 6, 2015 in Scottish Parliament building.
- During the conference, candidates will get a chance to engage with media and journalism professionals and learn key skills that will separate you from the rest!
The fully-funded place includes:
- travel to and from Scotland
British Council Future NEWS Conference Application form and Process
British Council Future News Conference Application Procedure
Candidates need to write an Essay or a piece of reportage on below mentioned Topic
“Why should I, from many, many applicants from around the world, win a place at Future NEWS 2015? Why does journalism need me?”
Word Strength of the Essay or the reportage: 500 Words
Participating candidates have to give a three-day attendance at the full conference and they have to travel to Scotland at Future NEWS’s expense.
Submission of the Essay
- Candidates have to submit the duly written Essay via Email to: FutureNewsIndia@britishcouncil.org
- The subject of the email should state ‘Future NEWS Competition Entry’
- Only one submission per applicant will be accepted
As part of entries each entrant should state in the email:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Valid passport number:
- Current educational institution and level and course of study
- Academic referee with contact details
- Home Address
- Contact Telephone Number
- Email Address
British Council Future NEWS Conference Selection Process
British Council Future News Conference Selection Procedure
- The winners will be selected by a jury comprising of eminent and experienced people
- All successful candidates will be informed via email by August 3, 2015
British Council Future NEWS Conference Address
British Council Division
British High Commission
17 Kasturba Gandhi Marg
New Delhi - 110 001
British Council Future NEWS Conference Contact Details
Fax: +91 11 2371 0717
Microsoft Imagine Cup are open for those contestants those who are required to build new and innovative software applications. The time... Read More
Compudon is a gateway to the Microsoft Office World Championship. Compudon Season 7, which powers the Microsoft Office Specialist India Championship 2... Read More
KSHEC Scholarship applications has now been started and the candidates can now apply for the scholarship on or before 30 April 2017. Kerala Government... Read More
ONGC National Competition on Research and Innovation in Energy is an initiative by ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) to encourage the You... Read More