Kerala to conduct KEAM only for Engineering from the next academic year, this decision has been taken by the Kerala government on Tuesday. However, the admissions to Medical & Dental Sciences, AYUSH, Agriculture, Fisheries, Veterinary Science, and Forestry would be based upon National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by CBSE. This decision made after the state cabinet passed its resolution at the meeting chaired by the Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan.
Till last year Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical (KEAM) Entrance Exam was conducted for admission to Engineering, Agricultural and Medical courses.
- KEAM: Admission to Engineering Courses.
- NEET: Admission to all medical professional courses such as medical & dental sciences, AYUSH, agriculture, fisheries, veterinary science, and forestry. (Get complete details on NEET here)
Kerala government ensured that students who are seeking admission for medical, agriculture, AYUSH, and veterinary courses would be based on the marks obtained in NEET conducted by the CBSE.
Kerala Engineering Entrance - Other Related Bulletins
- Last year, The Union Government made NEET exam mandatory for all admission in medical and dental sciences.
- A separate entrance examination will be conducted for engineering courses from the next academic year
- Admission to medical and dental sciences, AYUSH, agriculture, fisheries, veterinary science and forestry would be determined based upon the merit list published by NEET, CBSE.