JoSAA 2017 Counselling restarted after Supreme Court vacates its stay on 10 July 2017. Earlier a ed light was shown to the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) after encountering with the multiple petitions by the students on the 18 Marks Policy of IIT Madras, and the stay was given to the seat allocation procedure when already 29425 students were allotted seats in the 23 Institutions. Now the supreme court has lifted its stay and directed the conducting body to continue the JEE Advanced Counselling procedure (JoSAA) to reinstate the admission process as the final hearing on the whole matter.
As per the old schedule, seat allocation of round 3 had to begin on July 7 which was halted by the apex court’s decision. A total of 7 rounds of seat allotments were scheduled of which over 36,000 students have already got seats in the first two rounds. JAB has declared schedule for the 3rd round of the counselling, and the same is given below. Candidates can check the round 3 results by following the link given below.
JoSAA Round 3 Allocation Result - Check Here
JoSAA Display of seats filled / availability status
|10 July 2017||7:00 PM|
JoSAA Seat Allocation Round 3
|10 July 2017||7:00 PM|
Acceptance/withdrawal of seat by
|11 July 2017||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|12 July 2017||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|13 July 2017||10:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
Final Verdict of Court on JoSAA 2017 Counselling on 10 July 2017
- The apex court has ordered the conducting body, to not to repeat the errors, mistakes in the framing of questions and the printing of question papers.
- "We are inclined to vacate the order passed on July 7 and also convey that we are not inclined to interfere with the counselling and admission process, and high courts should act accordingly and not interfere in the admission process."
- The extra marks were granted in the wake of a printing error in a Hindi language paper.
- The Supreme Court reminded its 2005 decision to not allow bonus marks to candidates who have not attempted the incorrect questions as it is difficult to re-evaluate more than two lakh answer sheets.
Quick Link related to JoSAA 2017
- IIT Madras is the best Engineering Colleges as per NIRF Ranking 2017
- IIT seats increase to 11,032 from 2017-18
- IISc Bangalore, IIT Delhi makes debut in Top 200 of the World University Rankings
- JoSAA 2017
- JoSAA 2017 Participating Institutes and the Seats offered
- JoSAA 2017 Seat Allocation - Round 3 Seat Allotment Result
- JEE Advanced Participating Colleges 2017