On January 15, 2016, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab, the conducting body of CLAT 2016, rolled out a notice informing that all participating National Law Universities will fill the seats under NRI / NRI Sponsored Category at their own on the basis of CLAT 2016 merit.
NRI Candidates were also requested to get in touch with the concerned authorities from respective university to get information about the admission formalities, eligibility, documents required and other related queries.
CLAT office will not be involved in the admission process of these seats, only the NRI / NRI Sponsored Category seats of the West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS) will be administered by CLAT Office.
CLAT is a national Level examination for students who are willing to get admission into any of the 17 participating National Law Universities. For the academic session 2016-17, CLAT Application Form will be accepted till March 31, 2016 while the entrance examination will be on May 08, 2016. Through CLAT, any candidate who is an Indian citizen, studying in or cleared Class 12 and has age less than 20 years can make application for admission to total 2252 seats available in the 17 NLUs.
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
The notice also had details related to the admission formalities to be followed by candidates if they are interested in admission to West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata. The details are:
- Number of Seats: 17 in Undergraduate courses
- Admission process: CLAT office will issue a list of Students who are eligible to get admission under this category.
- Documents Required:
- For NRI Student:
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Student
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the person is a NRI/OCI or PIO Card.
- For NRI Sponsored:
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Sponsor
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months by the Sponsor
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the Sponsor is a NRI/ OCI or PIO Card
- An affidavit by the sponsor stating the interest shown in the education affairs of the student and willingness to fund the education of student over the next 5 years.
- For NRI Student:
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is for admission undergraduate law courses offered at the 17 participating National Law Universities