CBSE 12th Revaluation 2017 and Rechecking of Marks: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has said in the latest notification that they are going to discontinue the practice of re-evaluation of marks for all subjects from the year 2017 but the CBSE has assured that the process of verification of marks and providing a photocopy of Answer books will continue as per their latest notification. The verification of the Marks and the Rechecking are still continuing, And the links for the Class 12th Rechecking, Verification of marks and obtaining a copy of evaluated answer book are yet to be activated at CBSE Verification.
The candidates who have appeared in their Class 12 Examinations can now apply for the Verification of Marks and can fill the Application for Obtaining Photocopy of the evaluated answer book only, No Class 12th Revaluation of Marks will be considered at CBSE Verification.
CBSE 12th Revaluation 2017 - Official Notice
Class 12 Result has been declared by the CBSE on 28 May 2017 after considering of the Grace Marks Moderation Policy (Read: No changes in Class 12 marks Moderation Policy). The CBSE has made the big change in a notification released. As of now, the board has been re-evaluating the marks for class 12 students, if a student is not satisfied with the marks obtained in the Class 12 examination. The practice of re-evaluation was started in 2014 and now it is not considered for the CBSE Class 12 Results 2017.
Differences between CBSE 12th Revaluation and Rechecking
- A fresh evaluation of your answer (only selected) by some other teacher was conducted earlier and the candidates were sent the photocopy of their answers on their Email IDs.
- A new teacher was supposed to check the answer without knowing the original marks previously awarded for that question.
- Candidates Marks may increase or decrease.
- It was considered for some questions only not for the whole answer sheet.
- Rechecking includes the practice of checking the totalling of the marks.
- Every question is Evaluated or not.
- It is done for the whole of the subject.
Official Statement on CBSE Class 12th Revaluation
A senior CBSE official said the main reason to discontinue practising of re-evaluation is fewer complaints. He said that there were very few complaints from students and only a few complaints were found genuine ones.
“The requests for re-evaluation are too few: just about 1.8 percent of the candidates who appeared for Class 12. Among these too, very few are found to be genuine requests. Just about 0.05 percent of the requests — which would be about 500 candidates — are found to be genuine,” the CBSE official said.
He also said that the re-evaluation system had a 3-tier process which ensured there was only a less possibility of any error. The official also said the CBSE had also to prepare for the compartment examination every year and less number of re-evaluation requests made them decide to discontinue re-evaluation process from this year.
However, the CBSE chairman Rajesh Chaturvedi said an internal committee could look into the genuine complaints of the students and will take a right decision. As per the new rules, only 10 questions of a particular theory examination can be evaluated. The unsatisfied students can apply online within a week of declaration of CBSE Class 12 Result for the verification of their marks.
Quick Links related to CBSE Class 12 Results 2017
- CBSE Rechecking 2017: Class 12, Class 10 Marks Verification
- CBSE 12th Result 2017 - Statistics and Revaluation Details
- CBSE 10th Result 2017 - CBSE Result 2017
- CBSE Results 2017 Class 12 delayed, No changes in Evaluation System
- Entrance Exams After Class 12
- DU Admission 2017
In a case of any query related to this news, you can write us in the comment section below.