Ministry of Ayush has notified that BHMS, BAMS and BUMS Admission from 2018 will be done on the basis of NEET scores of the candidates. According to the latest notification by the Ministry of Ayush, it is notified that the admission in BHMS, BAMS and BUMS will be based on NEET scores from the next academic session i.e. 2018-19, However, earlier in February 2017 Ministry of Ayush has also released the official notification to conduct the admission procedure on the basis of NEET Exam but states raised objections to the decision and the decision is implemented from next year. The CCH, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India directed all the states authorities to take the admission in BHMS, BAMS and BUMS courses through National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) which is applicable from the session 2017-18 onwards.
AYUSH, is a governmental body in India purposed with developing, education and research in Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Homoeopathy, and other Indigenous Medicine systems. The announcement was made on Friday by the Minister of State for Ayush, Sripad Yesso Naik at the health editors’ conference in New Delhi.
The decision was taken to standardise the admission procedure and attract meritorious students to the AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) stream. The Ministry of AYUSH has sent advisories to all state governments in this regard. Minister of State for AYUSH, Mr Shripad Yesso Naik said that "the demand for Ayurveda, homoeopathy, naturopathy and Unani medicines and yoga have increased worldwide and the number of students pursuing such courses has also risen. So there is a need to maintain the standard of education in this stream". He further said that after NEET is introduced, no more private examinations would be conducted to fill seats in any of the AYUSH colleges.
Previous Notice Regarding BHMS, BAMS and BUMS Admission
The Centre had announced in February 2017 that admissions into AYUSH courses would be through the NEET, but could not implement it from this year (2017) after states raised objections to it.
What did the previous Notification issued by the Ministry of Ayush Says?
- Ministry of AYUSH has requested all the state government to ensure an agreement on the decision of the Ministry and accordingly admit students in AYUSH Undergraduate courses through NEET.
- The Joint Admission Committee and Homeopathic Medicine Courses Admission Committee have sent the recommendations to the competent authority of the University for Approval.
- The aspirants of the admission to BHMS, BAMS and BUMS courses are advised to appear in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017.
- Nehru Homoeopathic Medical College BHMS Admission
- CPMEE for BHMS / BAMS admission in Uttar Pradesh
- NIH BHMS Admission
- OJEE 2017 - Odisha JEE for Admission to B.Pharm, BHMS, BAMS
- Goa Medical Admission 2017- MBBS/BDS/BHMS/BAMS
- CPMEE 2017 for BHMS / BAMS admission in Uttar Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh University BAMS/BHMS
- BHMS Course 2017 - Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery