ITI Delhi Scholarship will be provided to the ITI Delhi enrolled students to give them financial support base don their merit and need. There are 5 scholarships available for eligible Trainees of ITI’s such as Meritorious & Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship, Post Metric Scholarship, etc. The ITI Delhi Scholarship will be provided in 19 Government ITI Institution in Delhi Region managed by National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and State Council for Vocational Training (SCVT). The full detail of scholarship is mentioned below.
About ITI Delhi Admission: The application process for admission in ITI Delhi will be conducted through online mode and applicants need to fill Delhi ITI Online Form. There are 19 Government ITI Institution in Delhi Region and 46 different trades affiliated with National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) and State Council for Vocational Training (SCVT). The last date of ITI Delhi Admission 2017 application form submission is 15 June 2017. The Department of Training & Technical Education, Government of NCT of Delhi is the managing authority of ITI Delhi and all admission related processes.
Complete Details of ITI Delhi Admission 2017
ITI Delhi Scholarship 2017
There are 5 scholarships offered to the students across all 19 ITI of Delhi Government. The candidates are awarded such scholarships based on their performance in the subsequent semesters, and each of the 5 scholarships has different eligibility criteria. The Scholarships are listed as:
- Merit scholarship
- Meritorious & Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship
- The Meritorious Scholarship
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Economically Weaker Sections
- Post Metric Scholarship Scheme
- Dr Ambedkar & Vocational Technical Scholarship to SC/ST/OBC & Minority trainees
- State Level Skill Competitions
1. Merit Scholarship for Trainees
The Meritorious Scholarships are merit-based scholarships applicable for the trainees of the Government Industrial Training Institutes only. Merit scholarship offers a sum amount of Rs.125 per month is awarded to 4% of the total number of trainees on rolls on the basis of trainee’s who stood first in the Semester-1st/ 3rd examination.
- Scholarship Amount: Rs 125 Per Month
2. Meritorious & Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship
These scholarships are need-cum-merit based scholarships introduced for the candidates who belongs to the weaker sections of the society. There are 2 scholarships schemes by the Directorate of Training and Technical Education.
- Meritorious Scholarships
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship
2(a) Meritorious Scholarship
- Eligibility: 1% of the total intake of the institute for the trainees secured 80% and above marks in the qualifying examination with no ceiling of parental income. Applicable to government ITI’sonly.
- Scholarship Amount: Rs. 825 Per Month
2(b) Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship
- Eligibility: The trainees secured 75% marks in the qualifying examination subject to the ceiling of the parental income up to Rs. 1,00,000 per annum. Applicable to government ITI’sonly. This scholarship will be offered to the economically weaker section.
- Rs. 575 per month for day scholars
- Rs. 825/- per month for Hostellers for 2% of the total intake of the institute
3. Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
Only those SC/OBC trainees who possess caste certificate issued by Government of NCT of Delhi are eligible under this scheme. The scholarship is available to all SC trainees whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakh per annum and all OBC trainees whose parents/guardians income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1 lakh per annum. In the case of OBC, parents not more than two children will be entitled to receiving the above-said scholarship. The restriction, however, is not applicable to girl trainees. There is also no such restriction in respect of SC parents. However, the candidate should not be receiving any other scholarship.
4. Dr Ambedkar & Vocational Technical Scholarship
The scholarship is to be disbursed of Rs. 210 per month for day scholars and Rs. 360 per month for hostellers subject to the condition that their family income is not exceeding Rs. 2 Lac per annum for OBC/Minority trainees. There is no family income ceiling for SC/ST trainees. This scholarship is to be paid to only those trainees who are SC, ST & OBC certificates are issued by Government of NCT of Delhi and are not receiving any other scholarship.
- Scholarship Amount (Day Scholars): Rs 210 Per Month
- Scholarship Amount (Hostelers): Rs 360 Per Month
5. State Level Skill Competitions
In order to foster a spirit of healthy competition among trainees of the institutes, with a view to raising the standard of skill. All India Skill Competition are held every year, the trainees under the regular Craftsmen Training Scheme only are eligible to compete in the State Level Competition. At present, it covers 15 Engineering and Non-Engineering Trades. Trainees securing the 1st position at State Level Competition are eligible to compete in All India Skill Competition.
Complete Details of ITI Delhi Admission 2017
In case of any query related to ITI Delhi Scholarship, you can write to us in the comment section below: