NEET Counselling and choice filling registration for the admissions to the MBBS/BDS Colleges will start from 1st week of July 2018. The candidates who have qualified for the All-India Quota Seats of the NEET Exam are eligible for the NEET Counselling process. All the eligible candidates have to download their rank card/NEET Result before appearing in counselling. NEET Counselling 2018 is conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC)/DGHS only for the 15% All India Quota seats in Govt medical colleges of the country except for Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Jammu Kashmir.
Every year the number of candidates called for the counselling used to be 5 times the number of seats but this year all the candidates who have qualified the minimum cut off are eligible for NEET AIQ Counselling. The NEET Counselling 2018 will be conducted for the given below seats or in other words the NEET Seats are classified as:
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats.
- State/Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/ Deemed University.
- Central Pool Quota Seats.
The candidates who are not able to register for Round 1 will be given an option to join in Round 2 of Counselling.
- Total Number of All India Quota Seats: 8248 Seats
- Total Medical (MBBS) Seats in India Including AIIMS and JIPMER: 64642 Seats
- For the rest of 85% State Seats, Private Medical and dental seats, the candidates have to contact Respective State's Director Medical Education.
NEET Counselling 2018 Schedule
The CBSE is likely to release the NEET Result in the third week of June 2018 for the exam scheduled to be conducted in the first week of May 2018. Detailed Prospectus and Registration Link will be soon released by CBSE, the candidates who are looking forward to NEET Counselling Schedule and other details are advised to keep a check on this page for latest Updates.
|Date (Based on Last Year)|
NEET Counselling Registration and Choice Filling
|July 1st week to July 2nd week 2018|
Exercising of Choices and Locking
|July 2nd week 2018|
Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1
|July 2nd week 2018|
Result of NEET Counselling Round 1
|July 2nd week 2018|
Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round
|July 3rd week 2018|
|Exercising of Choices and Locking – Round 2||
August 1st week 2018
Process of Seat Allotment – Round 2
|August 1st week 2018|
NEET Counselling Round 2 Results
August 1st week 2018
Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against Round 2
|August 2nd week 2018|
Transfer of vacant seats to State Quota
|August 3rd week 2018|
NEET Counselling 2018 - Register Here
For 15% All India Quota seats, counselling will be conducted by the DGHS. For seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions, their respective authorities of States will conduct the counselling, address and the contact details of the State Counselling Authorities are listed below. The candidates of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K need to submit the copy of self-declaration who have opted for seats under 15% All India Quota at the time of counselling. 15% seats surrendered by the Government Medical/ Dental Colleges run as per the approval of MCI/DCI through the counselling.
NEET Counselling 2018 - Register Here
As per the judgment of Hon'ble Court, there will be only two rounds of common NEET Counselling 2018 each conducted by the DGHS/State Government or authority designated by the State Government for All India Quota (including Deemed University) and State Quota seats respectively.
- All India Quota Seats- Common Counseling for admission to All India Quota seats in Government Medical Colleges shall be conducted by the DGHS. The counselling conducted by DGHS will also include Deemed Universities as they have an All India character.
- State Quota Seats - Common Counselling for State Quota seats in Government and Private Medical Colleges including colleges/institutions run by religious and linguistic minorities affiliated to State Universities shall be conducted by the State Government or the authority designated by the State Government.
After the second round of counselling for All India Quota seats, the students who take admission in All India Quota seats should not be allowed/permitted to vacate the seats. This would ensure that very few seats are reverted to the State Quota and also All India Quota seats are filled by students from the all India merit list only.
- In order to ascertain the number of seats that still remain vacant after the counselling the State Government or the authority designated by the State Government shall conduct manual counselling for allotment of students.
The counseling-related information under 15% All India seats would be given on the official website of the following:
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Medical Counselling Committee.
- Online counselling would be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
If the candidates have any query related to 15 % All India Quota Counselling, they need to contact the following address and other communication method mentioned below
The Assistant Director General (ME)
Directorate General of Health Services,
New Delhi-110 108
NEET Counselling 2018 Helpline Number - Phone: 011-23062493, Fax: 011-23061907
The Counselling for admission to the seats under the control of other States/Universities/ Institutions shall be conducted as per the notifications issued separately by the authorities concerned. For counselling related information students can contact the following offices according to their state:
NEET Counselling Registration Process 2018
The process of choice filling and counselling is further shown below. Steps involved in NEET Counselling process are:
- Registration and Choice Filling
- Mock Counselling
- Seat Allotment Round 1 Process
- Seat Allotment Result
- Reporting at the allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round
- Display of vacant Seats
- Round 2 Begins
- Filling up of Fresh Choices
- Seat Allotment Round 2
- End of 15 % All India Counselling Procedure- The vacant seats, not allotted, not joined seats are passed on to state.
Candidates who have joined any medical institute as per the 2nd round of counselling in 15% All India Quota will not be allowed to vacate the seat. This is the Order of Honourable Supreme Court.
If the candidates vacate the seat after 1st round of allotment then they will not be eligible for Round 2 but may participate in State Counselling.
In case candidate is allotted seat during the second round of allotment
The process, the seat allotted during the first round will be automatically cancelled immediately.
If candidate is not allotted any seat from the submitted
choices during the round-2, then also the candidate will retain her/his earlier
The candidate can give as many choices as you wish during online choice filling. However, choices should be in the order of candidates’ preference.
Who is eligible for NEET 2nd Round of Counselling
During 2nd round, the candidate has to give fresh choices and lock them to be considered for counselling.
- Group–I: Registered candidates who did not get any seat allotment in the 1st round.
- Group-2: Registered candidates, whose 1st round of allotted Seat Cancelled during the document verification on reporting for admission, who have secured seat under reserved quota, due to change of Category from reserved to Unreserved or PH status from Yes to No or from PH -1 to PH-2, subject to eligibility in changed category will be considered for allotment of seat in the next round of seat allotment, with changed Category, subject to availability of the seat in the respective category.
- Group–3: Candidates who have reported at allotted institute during the 1st round of allotment and submitted willingness for second round up-gradation as Yes.
Not eligible for NEET 2nd Round AIQ Counselling
- The candidates who did not report at Allotted Institute during reporting period of allotment
in the 1st round.
- The candidates who Reported for admission but later on withdrawn (Resigned) from counselling at Allotted Institute.
- Became non-eligible due to change of category.
- The Candidates who have not opted for up-gradation during round-2.
NEET Counselling Procedure - Understand through Case Study
The NEET counselling process is being quite complicated that is why motachashma has the case study to make it clear to the candidates who are still in perplexity concerning the NEET Counselling Procedure. The candidates are suggested to go through the case study which has ben explained through an example.
Let us take an Example
- There is a student from Tripura state (Let's call him Rahul) who is not qualified for All India Quota (AIQ) seeking admission in one of the Govt/ Private medical colleges in Punjab. In this case, he will appear for the Punjab State Counselling Process in order to get admission in Govt/ Private Colleges in Punjab. However, if Rahul is willing to apply for the admission in Govt/ Private Colleges in more than one state, then he must enrol and appear for the state wise counselling process to get the admission in the Govt/ Private medical college for such state.
- There is a student (Let’s call him Rahul) from Tripura who is interested in admission in CMC Ludhiana (Punjab). CMC college is in Punjab and will admit students based on Punjab State Counselling, so for admission in CMC Ludhiana, Rahul has to apply and appear in Punjab State NEET Counselling. He is also interested in a college in Karnataka then he will also have to apply for Karnataka State NEET Counselling. He will get a benefit of Domicile only in his state that is Tripura.
What is NEET Mock Counselling
During Mock Counseling, choices submitted by the candidates will be processed during the counselling period of round-1, as mentioned in Counselling Schedule and indicative seat that is likely to be available at that point of time would be displayed. This helps the candidate to refine the selection of choices
in a more effective and efficient manner. Indicative allotment of the seat (Mock allotment), will be shown (on notified dates). Mock Counselling is not applicable for round 2 of Counselling.
NEET Counselling Seat Matrix 2018 for MBBS/ BDS Colleges
The seat matrix provided below is for the MBBS and BDS Colleges. The seat matrix is separately provided below for each course for which the NEET has become mandatory. Candidates can check the seat matrix for each course. The latest seats available for the counselling as per the MCI are given in the table below. The seats given for the respective category are tentative and subject to change on the basis of any new update. The NEET Counselling Seat Matrix for the 2018 admission is for the academic session 2018-19.
Documents Required at the time of Joining the Allotted Institute
- Admit Cards of Exam issued by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Result/ Rank letter issued by CBSE.
- Date of Birth Certificate (if Metric Certificate does not bear the same)
- Class 10th Certificate
- Class 10+2 Certificate
- Class 10+2 Marks Sheet
- Eight Passport size photograph same as affixed on the application form.
- Provisional allotment letter generated online.
- Proof of identity.
- Caste or Physical Disability Certificate (if Applicable)
How much time will the candidates get to join the allotted college?
Candidates allotted seats will be required to join the allotted college/course within stipulated time which is mentioned in counselling schedule. However, candidates are advised to join as early as possible and not to wait for last day of joining, due to a different schedule of the holiday (including
local holidays) / working hours in various Medical / Dental Colleges. In some of the colleges/ universities, 2-3 days’ time is required to complete admission formalities. Therefore, candidates are advised to contact allotted college immediately after the declaration of result of counselling allotment process, to know the details. If a candidate fails to join the allotted Medical/Dental College within the given stipulated time, then the allotted seat will be cancelled and the candidate will not be eligible for further Round(s) of the online Counselling. Please note that under no circumstances date of joining can be extended by the MCC.
NEET Counselling Merit List
From this year the counselling and the choice filling process will be ONLINE only. Since NEET Counselling is an online process, no documents will be required for participating in online allotment process. However, the candidates are required to produce the documents at the time of Joining/ Reporting in allotted Medical / Dental College. NEET Counselling for 15% of total seats on all-India basis will be conducted in two rounds. The candidates who are not allotted seats in round one.
NEET 2017 Counselling Notification
NEET Counselling Last Year Merit list - Round 1
NEET 2017 exam will be held on 7 May 2017. After the exam, the CBSE will declare the result and the counselling merit list afterwards. However, the candidates can see the merit list of NEET Counselling for the last year of Round 1.
NEET Counselling Last Year Merit List - Round 2
NEET 2017 exam will be held on 7 May 2017. After the exam, the CBSE will declare the result and the counselling merit list afterwards. However, the candidates can see the merit list of NEET Counselling for the last year of Round 2.
NEET Cutoff Marks Last Year - All India Quota Counselling
After the declaration of the result, the cut-off marks will be released. The NEET cut off marks given below is of last year. The candidates can check the NEET last year cut off so that they can get the idea of the increase or decrease of the cut-off scores.
Last year's MBBS Colleges Seat Matrix
Last Year's BDS College Seat Matrix
In case, of any query related to NEET Counselling and Seat Matrix 2018, write to us in the comment section below.