CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2017 for applicants appearing in the CAT examination is given here. Applicants must be in the final year of his/her graduation or must have a bachelor degree of 3-year course from the MHRD /AICTE/UGC recognised colleges or institutions in India. Given below are the CAT Exam Eligibility criteria of the candidate appearing in the CAT exam. It is not compulsory to have work experience to appear in CAT 2017 Exam, students who have completed their graduation or even the students who are in the final year of their under graduation course can appear in the MBA Entrance Exam.
CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2017
CAT Academic Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree.
- The candidates who have appeared for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification and those who have completed degree requirements and are whose results are awaiting can also apply.
- Qualifying Percentage: The candidate must have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. Those belonging to Scheduled caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Person with Disability (PwD)/ Differently Abled (DA) category must have secured at least 45% marks.
CAT 2017 Age Limit: There is no age limit for CAT Examination.
Other Equivalent Qualification
- The candidates should have done Bachelors in Engineering/Technology such as 4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc /Post Diploma or B.E/B.Tech equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognised by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)
- Any qualification recognised by Association of Indian Universities New Delhi, which is equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree awarded by UGC recognised University/Institutions.
Institution Recognition of the Qualification Exam: The candidates must have passed from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational which is recognised as Deemed University, or possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
The candidates who have appeared for the final year of Bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification and those who have completed degree requirements and whose results are awaited can also apply for CAT 2017 Examination.
For any queries regarding the CAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2017, you can write to us in the comment section below.