ACDS Eligibility Criteria 2017 for Admission to Army College of Dental Sciences (ACDS) is described below for the children of the eligible serving army personnel, eligible ex-army personnel and war widows of the India Army. Read on to know eligibility criteria for BDS degree course at ACDS, Secunderabad and BSc Nursing Admission at Army College of Nursing (ACN), Jalandhar and Army Institute of Nursing (AIN) Guwahati. In AIN Guwahati 5 seats are reserved for civilian students of North East.
ACDS 2017 Eligibility Criteria for BDS and B.Sc Nursing
- Children of serving Army personnel with a minimum of 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension liberalised family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalided medical board. Wards of recruits medically boarded and granted disability pension are also included here.
- Children of ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service.
Adopted/Step children and children of Remarried Widows
- Adopted Child of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases
- Eligibility Criteria for the wards of Ex-Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force (IN/IAF). Wards of only those ex-Army medical officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for at least 10 years (Submit Certificate No.3).
- Eligibility Criteria for Children of APS/MNS/TA Personnel (Submit Certificate No.3)
- Children of APS Personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88D (Res) dated 19 Jul 1989.
- Children of the APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have completed 10 years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have10 year service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of a pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA Personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
ACDS BDS Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed or appearing Class 12 or equivalent exam in March/April 2017 from a recognised board with Physics, Chemistry & Biology as the subjects. Candidate should have obtained at least 45% in each of the subjects.
- Candidate must have scored an aggregate of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidate should be a minimum of 17 years by the Dec 31 of the year of taking Admission.
- Applicant Must have appeared in NEET 2017 Exam and must have a valid score card of the same.
Academic Qualification for B.Sc Nursing
- The higher secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training.
- The first year of the three years degree course of a recognised university with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre-university or an equivalent examination.
- The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or another recognised body with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- B.Sc examination of an Indian University provided that she has passed the B.Sc Examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics,
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry, and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
The Pre-University certificate issued by Janardhan Rai Nagar, Rajasthan Vidyapeeth (Deemed) University, Rajasthan state is not valid.
ACN, Jalandhar- Eligibility for B.Sc Nursing
In addition to the above-mentioned criteria, admission to the B. Sc. (Nursing) course at ACN Jalandhar Cantt is exclusively for the female dependent wards of serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel and war widows of the Army only.
- Age should not be less than 17 years and not more than 25 years on 31 Dec 2017. The date of birth recorded in the Secondary Education Board only will be taken as authentic.
AIN, Guwahati- Eligibility for B.Sc Nursing
Some additional eligibility criteria for candidates seeking admission in AIN, Guwahati:
- Candidates with compartmental papers/ Supplementary paper(s) / Repeater / Private in class 12 are not eligible for admission to B. Sc Nursing course.
- Gap Certificate, in case the time gap between 10th & 12th class is more than two years, from concerned School/College that candidate passed Sr secondary Examination in the First Attempt as a regular student.
- The candidate should not be less than 17 years and not more than 22 years as on 31 December 2017. The date of birth recorded in Secondary Education Board (Class X Certificate) only will be taken as authentic. Maximum age limit is 25 years of age as on 31 Dec 2017 for the candidate holding B Sc. degree with at least two subjects out of Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she fulfils all the qualifications and conditions for eligibility. The eligibility of the candidate at the time of admission, if the candidate is found to be ineligible Institute can cancel his/her application.
ACDS Eligibility Criteria for Dependent Children
Children are not dependent if they attain the following:
- Sons. Attaining 25 years of age on 31 Dec 2017 or employment whichever is earlier.
- Daughters. On marriage or employment whichever is earlier.
Note: The management reserves the right to include any other eligibility criteria from time to time in addition to the above.Unrecognised certificates as per Govt of India rules are not valid.
Physical Fitness: The candidate should be certified by MH/Authorized Medical Attendant to be in a state of good physical and mental health to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect as per the enclosed formin brochure is required to be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission
Quick Links related to ACDS 2017
In case of any query related to ACDS Eligibility Criteria, you can write to us in the comment section below.