Delhi University Reservation of Seats is not for the students of Delhi as it is a Central University but it recognises the diversity that resides in India and certain backwards classes that need attention in order to become a part of the mainstream. To pursue the same end, Delhi University has a quota of seats reserved for SC, ST, OBC, Wards of Armed forces, Kashmiri Migrants, Physically Challenged.
Delhi University Reservation of Seats
SC & ST Students - 22.5 % seats reserved for SC & ST Students. They will also get a relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks will be given to these students. it is mandatory to fill all of SC/ST seats in the university. The students who get admission in open merit will not be included in the reserved quota.
- SC- 15%
- OBC- 27% of the seats are reserved for OBC Students. Relaxation of 10% marks in the minimum eligibility marks of the course.
PwD- 3% Seats in all colleges for the students who have a minimum 40% disability.
- The certificate should not be more than 5 years old.
- It should be signed by a board of 3 doctors with a legible stamp indicating the name & designation of the doctors.
- The certificate should be countersigned by CMO/Medical Superintendent/with stamp under the signature. The certificate should have a photograph of the candidate.
- Diagnosis should be written clearly in the certificate.
Armed Forces: 5% seats in all courses for Children / Widows of Officers and Men of the Armed Forces including Para-Military Personnel.
- Killed/disabled in an action during hostilities
- Died and disabled during duty
- Gallantry Awardees
Foreign Students: As per the rules streamlined for admissions for foreign students, they are required to apply directly to the Foreign Students Advisor in the University.
- 5% seats are reserved for foreign students.
- Sports/ECA Category: Maximum 5% seats reserved in each college.
- Kashmiri Migrants: Up to 5% seats are reserved course-wise in all Colleges for Wards of Kashmiri Migrants. A concession of maximum 10% in the last cut-off marks fixed for General category candidates shall be extended to the Kashmiri Migrants.
- DU Admission 2017
- List of Colleges for DU Admission 2017
- Documents required at the time of DU Admission 2017
- DU Admission Important Dates 2017
- DU Online Admission Form 2017
- DU Sports Quota/ECA Admission 2017