AIT Eligibility Criteria for admission to the Army Institute of Technology is given on this page for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel and war widows of the Army. AIT Pune offers admission in undergraduate engineering programs based on All India Rank obtained in JEE Main 2018. AIT (Army Institute of Technology), Pune is an undergraduate engineering college which offers admission only to children/wards of serving/retired Army personnel. Get the complete details regarding AIT Eligibility Criteria on this page.
AIT Eligibility Criteria 2018 - Categories of the Army Personnel
The categories for which the candidates of ex-Army personnel are eligible to apply are mentioned below. Parent must have served in the Army for minimum ten years consecutively. However, there are many factors applied for the admission in AIT which are given below:
- Children of pensioned Army Personnel: Children of ex-Army personnel who are awarded regular pension, liberalised family pension, family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/invalid medical board. This includes wards of recruits medically boarded out and granted disability pension.
- Children of ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or released after ten years of service.
Adopted /Stepchildren and children of Remarried Widows:
- Adopted Children of Army personnel who have been adopted at least five years before seeking admission
- Step Children are eligible provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army who is otherwise eligible.
- Wards of only those ex-Army medical officers/Army Dental Corps officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force who have served with the Army for at least ten years.
Children of APS (Army Public School)/ MNS(Military Nursing Service)/TA (Territorial Army) Personnel:
- Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen as per Govt of India, Ministry of Defence letter No 9 (52)/88/D (Res) dated July 19, 1989.
- Children of that APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel, who are directly recruited into APS who have competed for ten years of service and of those who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which ten years was in the Army.
- Children of only those members of MNS who have ten years’ service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of the pension from the Army.
- Children of only those TA personnel who have completed ten years of embodied service.
Academic Qualifications and Criteria for AIT Admission
- The candidate must have passed Class 12 CBSE exam or the ISC exam or its equivalent Higher Secondary Certificate Exam from a recognised Board/University with English, Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate must have passed/appeared Class XII or equivalent with compulsory subjects as Physics and Mathematics along with one of the subjects like Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational Subject. Candidate should obtain at least 50% in the above combination subjects. This is subject to directions from AICTE / Government of Maharashtra/Savitribai Phule Pune University.
Proof of Academic Qualification for AIT Admission
- Candidates whose result are awaiting are also eligible to apply provided they submit the Mark Sheet as proof of passing the said exam at the time of admission.
- Candidates who have already passed the qualifying exam must submit the attested copy of Mark Sheets of the qualifying examination along with the application form.
- A candidate who fails in Physics, Maths or Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/technical vocational subject at one and the same sitting (one or more subjects) are not eligible for admission to First Year Engineering.
If after passing the qualifying Class 12 examination by the candidate, there is a gap of one or more academic year before joining AIT, the candidate shall submit an affidavit to be given on a Stamp Paper worth Rs 100 duly notarized.
In case candidate had joined any College/University during this time, the candidate should submit Migration Certificate of that particular College/University.
For any query regarding AIT Eligibility Criteria, candidates can write to us in the comments section below.